• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Uh, that’s not a maga hat.

I watched the video earlier but not with sound. Just listened to it now. Sounded like that dude flailing his arms about was freaking out because they were beating up his dog.

:n00b:

Seriously?

Some dog owners are freaking crazy. The dog means more than people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s unfortunate no one had a firearm. They had to beat the dog to get him off the guy. Looks towards the end when the dog sort of falls over that he’s obviously injured. Would have been more humane just to shoot him. The most likely outcome here is that the dog would be euthanized at some point in the near future. Would have been better just to shoot the dog and not have to beat him with blunt objects like that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If someone encounters a similar situation and does not possess a weapon suitable for stopping the dog's aggressive behavior the best approach is to choke the dog out. Assuming you're willing to put yourself in harm's way here, of the dog is wearing a collar grab it and twist as hard as you can. If the dog is not wearing a collar a choke hold putting the dog's throat in the crook of your elbow and locking it in like you see in mixed martial arts is your best bet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If someone encounters a similar situation and does not possess a weapon suitable for stopping the dog's aggressive behavior the best approach is to choke the dog out. Assuming you're willing to put yourself in harm's way here, of the dog is wearing a collar grab it and twist as hard as you can. If the dog is not wearing a collar a choke hold putting the dog's throat in the crook of your elbow and locking it in like you see in mixed martial arts is your best bet.
    Or maybe use your belt to choke him?

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Once a dog came in my backyard , and pinned my dog down by clamping onto his neck. I tried everything to get that dog to stop biting my dog. Then I heard the guy across the street holler spray him with your garden hose. So I sprayed him full pressure in the face, and he unclamped, and ran away. I could not believed it worked, but it did.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The camera was sitting on the dash, the guy beating on the dog was the camera man.

Short of being killed, the dog had no intention of quitting, no matter what they did. They kicked the dog enough, it probably doesn't have any intact ribs remaining. When they finally get it off the mailman, and it's looking for its next victim, it falls over twice. It's hurt, but still not quitting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The camera was sitting on the dash, the guy beating on the dog was the camera man.

Short of being killed, the dog had no intention of quitting, no matter what they did. They kicked the dog enough, it probably doesn't have any intact ribs remaining. When they finally get it off the mailman, and it's looking for its next victim, it falls over twice. It's hurt, but still not quitting.

About the camera man, I was gonna say the same thing. Was confused why people would call out the camera man. He’s the guy in the red (not MAGA) hat. At first he didn’t seem to want to get involved but then he did, and he saved the mailman from more serious injury or worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fido would have earned my best imitation of Adam Vinateri! Then, the guy filming it not doing **** all would be next up to punt!

You have a clear right to do what you need to do to save the victim from the dog. But you’re outside of any right to lay hands on people you think didn’t help sufficiently. It appears you didn’t judge accurately in this case because the guy “not doing ****” saved the mailman.

Possibly you didn’t see the whole video, so if that’s the case I can see why you thought so. It took him awhile not to be able to stand it any longer and do help the guy. Even so, we can’t always know what a person’s individual situation is, and why they don’t jump in and help with things like this. I don’t think it’s up to me to judge their motives or punish them if Inthink they’ wrong.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I just figured out the camera thing.

Like I said upthread.....when a dog is on the blood you will be hard pressed to stop him with out a weapon.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Perfect embodiment of the saying ... "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Unfortunately for the mailman, both were pretty large in this case.

I thought I saw somewhere that grabbing both rear legs and lifting them off the ground would cause the dog to break off his attack. Of course, now you have "the tiger by the tail" and good luck figuring out what to do next.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It’s unfortunate no one had a firearm. They had to beat the dog to get him off the guy. Looks towards the end when the dog sort of falls over that he’s obviously injured. Would have been more humane just to shoot him. The most likely outcome here is that the dog would be euthanized at some point in the near future. Would have been better just to shoot the dog and not have to beat him with blunt objects like that.

Yes it is too bad no one was armed with anything, probably in a state where both the guns and knives are illegal...

MM

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I can only speculate what the general public outcry AND the law enforcement follow up action would be if a private citizen, whether legally armed or not, dispatched the dog at the scene. I suspect it wouldn’t bode well for the Good Samaritan.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Survive A Dog Attack

defence.jpg

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I remember a dog attacking me when I was in highschool and I just kicked the **** out of it every time it darts back at me. Side kicking seems to work for me.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Using the broom as a spear would have been far more effective than those diminutive taps that were being applied. The dog was leaving plenty of room to run it in through the rib cage...it was obviously not on the defensive. If you're going to try whacking the critter on the noggin best be using a bat or hammer (I prefer hammer).

I have had a beasty like that show up on my land a couple of times, it did not act aggressively but if family members were present it would have gone down. Collar, no tags. Too big to just wait and see what happens. I have a neighbor with an aggressive pup, he keeps it under control...but if ever not...

Top Bottom