• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trust me, it's in the works. We're not the type that just jump ship to a new location and hope for the best with our tails between our legs. Every night were looking at houses online. I'm mainly waiting for my GF to figure out what's going to be good enough for her. She wanted to move to CA. I said no way. I want to live in the woods or mountains, she wants to live in the city or on the beach. Now she just found out her work is drawing staff down from 7 positions to 3. So another variables been added to the mix. You would think a PhD would have good job security. I told her long ago it was a dangerous neighborhood with dangerous characters in it. She sluffed it off saying "they ain't gonna do anything to you, they're just trying look tough" while I'm told that I'm just paranoid.

My wife was near the same way. I am to nervous, over react etc. These days she spots the idiots coming before I do.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Lucky!! I miss all the fights that used to take place on my street...i guess that's what the internet is for.

WOOOORLDSTAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mental manipulation is the key. Straight out in your face reasoning/statistics/truths never work with a female. Of any age.....:)

And it is also key with the thuggery. I wouldnt worry about the rest of the neighbors causing much stink over this. Sometimes you'll get the stink eye and intimidating actions as the new/different guy until you push back just enough to let them know you arent one to be intimidated or take any crap. Once they see some push back that type will typically leave you alone. Too much push however and you go from someone they now somewhat respect for standing up for themselves or others to someone that now is getting to be a threat for getting their nose into things where it doesnt belong.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If I were younger, knowing what I know now, I would take a hard look at Texas and Tennessee.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I can honestly say I am not sure what I would have done in that situation, I would have called the cops, but I doubt I would have gotten involved. Anyone crazy enough to try to kill his own father is crazy enough to attack someone trying to stop him, or maybe attack my wife or my young sons when I am not at home, or burn my house down. I'll do what I can, but I am looking out for myself and my family first.

Remember: unemployed, unsupervised/unparented punks will always have you at a disadvantage if you are a responsible, productive member of society.

They have nothing better to do than mess with you and make your life suck. Google "bret kimberlin saga" if you want to read the magnum opus on how evil people can ruin your life.

I'd still intervene to protect someone. These out-of-control people got that way because NO ONE intervened when they previously were out of control. Behaviors are patterns.

Sad to say this guy probably fights with his kid so much because he fought with his own dad (if he knows him) and learned the dysfunction the old fashioned way: by example.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I watch the deer and raccoon family fights around here, try to stay uninvolved. Makes me appreciate my neighborhood.:)

Top Bottom