Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm NOT seeing either party take notice and learn anything from his election just yet.

That's exactly how I feel.

It's one thing to listen to Hillary's take on why she lost, but how many of the Democrats have come to terms with just how bad Hillary's image had to be to loose that election. How many Democrats have really thought about why they thought Hillary was so right when, in fact, she couldn't have been a whole lot more wrong. I've not seen it if it's happened.

And, Republicans to me have acted like it wasn't until, like, April before it really sunk in that they won. Six years of telling us what was wrong with the ACA, yet when it came to money-where-your-mouth-is time, they (as a party) had NOTHING.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure that support of any other president, or presidential candidate, doesn't also mirror religious reverence, though that reverence might be expressed differently by people of different political "denominations".

And, besides, if it's only the Trump supporters who look at him like the mesiah, why is that so many on the other side would like to see him crucified?

Okay, That was pretty good. I like that.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I won't participate further in this thread. I find the title to be offensive as it was clearly meant to be.

I didn't mean for the title to offend anyone. I meant for the title to highlight the absurdity of the rhetoric surrounding our president. What's that quip I see posted to INGO every now and again? Something like offense cannot be given, only taken. Seems appropriate here.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good luck to you Paul!

Maybe this thread experiment will work out as well as Kut's and 1DOWN4UP's attempts to keep all the horse:poop: corralled into one thread vs running into ALL of the rest of the politics forum? Oh wait... :scratch:

It's worth a try. The other threads are getting to be pointless, as every one devolves into a discussion about Trump's character. Hyperbole abounds. Maybe we can channel some of that off into this thread.

Or, maybe, IBTL.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's exactly how I feel.

It's one thing to listen to Hillary's take on why she lost, but how many of the Democrats have come to terms with just how bad Hillary's image had to be to loose that election. How many Democrats have really thought about why they thought Hillary was so right when, in fact, she couldn't have been a whole lot more wrong. I've not seen it if it's happened.

And, Republicans to me have acted like it wasn't until, like, April before it really sunk in that they won. Six years of telling us what was wrong with the ACA, yet when it came to money-where-your-mouth-is time, they (as a party) had NOTHING.

They made ACA their signature argument just because it was Democrat created (by dubious means, mind you). Their mistake was painting it as universally bad for all Americans, which it isn't. Lots of Republicans, even hottie McIdiot Tomi Lahren have taken advantage of its provisions. However, when the GOP took congress and the WH, they were put in the unenviable position of trying to follow through with their complaints and take away an entitlement program. It was never a realistic position to say that they intended to repeal ACA.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am NOT, one of them .....

I never thought you were.

It isn't binary, it's a spectrum: we all fall onto it somewhere. I don't hate Trump, but I do think he is objectively bad for my liberty. I fall near one end of the spectrum...but not at the extreme. I gather much is the same for you, your support for Trump comes with important caveats...you are not a blind follower.

Too many people choose not to think for themselves. I think this is the crowd (on both extremes of the spectrum) that ruin the adult conversation for everyone else.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not think that was posted by A Christian but an anti-Chistian or athiest to lampoon both Christianity and Trump.

There's a pretty good possibility you're right about that. That could easily be a satirical jab from a secular source. I picked it for it's "quality" (?). Do google image search for "Trump Jesus", but be prepared to vomit.

I am not an influential voice from the rihgt but I can assure you that as a Christian I am opposed to making Trump out to be any more than a man.

I have no idea what your opinion of the left making Obama out tobe the mesiah, but I was also opposed to that.

Oh, the whole Saint Obama the Peaceful (TM) act pissed me off from the beginning. I was hoping we would be done with that kind of thing when he left office. Idol worship isn't something I want involved in public policy.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    They made ACA their signature argument just because it was Democrat created (by dubious means, mind you). Their mistake was painting it as universally bad for all Americans, which it isn't. Lots of Republicans, even hottie McIdiot Tomi Lahren have taken advantage of its provisions. However, when the GOP took congress and the WH, they were put in the unenviable position of trying to follow through with their complaints and take away an entitlement program. It was never a realistic position to say that they intended to repeal ACA.

When the President no matter who he is comes out and says a bill is mean chances are you have no chances. LOL

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    As a conservative, I find it appalling they've talked 7 years about repeal, yet weren't ready when given the chance. Surely somebody is smart enough to fix our jacked up medical system costs/methods. Sadly, I'm not him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As a conservative, I find it appalling they've talked 7 years about repeal, yet weren't ready when given the chance. Surely somebody is smart enough to fix our jacked up medical system costs/methods. Sadly, I'm not him.

And it's not Trump. Once of the major reasons, IMO, this bill failed, is the president's inability to be an active force in his policy; which is true for about all his policies. Obama, was successful getting his legislation passed because he actually had a hands on approach. Trump, simply tell someone what he wants, and expects it to be done. He doesn't hit road trying to sell his plan, he just sits back and assumes it's going to happen. A president won't be successful if he's not willing to roll up his sleeves and go to work. It may work in business, but not in govt. The president is proving that he is quite lazy when comes to actual work.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    And it's not Trump. Once of the major reasons, IMO, this bill failed, is the president's inability to be an active force in his policy; which is true for about all his policies. Obama, was successful getting his legislation passed because he actually had a hands on approach. Trump, simply tell someone what he wants, and expects it to be done. He doesn't hit road trying to sell his plan, he just sits back and assumes it's going to happen. A president won't be successful if he's not willing to roll up his sleeves and go to work. It may work in business, but not in govt. The president is proving that he is quite lazy when comes to actual work.

Yeah, but when you don't have something that you can sell it ain't going anywhere anyway. They wanted to take something away. People don't want their entitlements to go away, Didn't really sound like their story of making insurance more affordable was very plausible. Republican Governors and Republican Senators who depend on these voters aren't going to want to take it away. In fact I think there was much more uproar from the Governors and for the most part because they would have had to figure out how to pay for it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd support him with my life. That's the highest level of support i can offer a human cause

He's a flawed quantity. If not tasked to do so, I would not intentionally give my life so he could live. Short of the reincarnation of Jesus and certain family and friends, I wouldn't do it for anybody else, either. Sorry Barry, lol.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Short of the reincarnation of Jesus and certain family and friends, I wouldn't do it for anybody else, either. Sorry Barry, lol.

I believe the correct nomenclature is "resurrection of Jesus"...........Just giving you an opportunity to fix it lest any of your Southern kinfolk see this post....

You and are are the spawn of tenant farmer, hard shell Baptists Kut.....We got to look out for each other.....:)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I think the Trump knew the vote would fail all along.The 2018 stats are ,Covered Cali just announced a increase 8x the rate of inflation.Idaho just proposed increases of 38% across the board and 50% for Silver plan.Aetna is pulling out completely.WV,SC,IA,WY are all going up 30%.Tn,and Tx going up less......and on and on...just sit back and wait,and the Dems will come crawling.I think he wants to fix it,but does he really want his fingerprints on it?

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Honestly, I don't see the failure to pass anything about health care as Trump's fault. The fact that he acted like it would be done so easily (and maybe he actually thought that, who knows?) just illustrates his political naivete.

Donald Trump may never achieve a success greater than being the president that wasn't Hillary, but a whole lotta Republicans would want him on Mt. Rushmore just for that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I won't participate further in this thread. I find the title to be offensive as it was clearly meant to be.
    What's it feel like to be offended. So far in my 44 yrs on this Earth, I don't recall being "offended" by anything. Maybe I was and just didn't realize it. I get annoyed with stuff but never insulted to the point where I'm offended.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What's it feel like to be offended. So far in my 44 yrs on this Earth, I don't recall being "offended" by anything. Maybe I was and just didn't realize it. I get annoyed with stuff but never insulted to the point where I'm offended.

Feel like you're missing out on something? I don't.

Top Bottom