• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's unfathomable to me when a business doesn't have or use the single most effective, cheapest thing they can to benefit their own income and success:

A freaking smile.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Usually when I visit Midwest the are always VERY, very busy but I am always welcomed with a wave and hello as I walk by. I have a couple of their employees that I like to do business with so I usually wait until they are available. I don't mind the wait because there's lots of friendly conversation with customers, nice things to look at and plenty to keep me occupied. I do make a point let them know I'm there and want to do business with them in particular and usually the wait is short.

Only 1 time have I walked out without getting waited on. They were super busy and I didn't have a lot of time so I left and just came back later in the day when things slowed down.

soupy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Elkhart Co.
    I was in Granger Guns for the first time this week. Good gunshop. Very nice selection of shotguns,rifles,handguns, reloading supplies and equipment. Visited with couple other customers , nice place. ZX Guns is mostly handguns and AR type rifles. Good prices, seem to do alot of buiness. Rocket Guns has a nice selection of older and new guns. Sticker prices are high, you need to know what stuff is worth and negotiate with them. All three are worth checking out.

ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    I noticed there were several comments about Midwest prices being cheep when its on sale. If you would re-read my original post it doesn't matter if they are giving it away if they are out of stock. Also I have been after the knife and cleaning kit since the ad started with no luck.

If you were treated like this at a car dealer you would walk out and that's just what I did. I realize my money doesn't count for a lot but it will add up over the years.

So this morning I want to Granger Guns. A Fantastic visit. I purchased 2 boxes of Ammo and was pleased with the prices. First thing I noticed was the beautiful dogs (Tails just a wagging). He seem to be busy on the phone so his wife stepped up and help me. She was smiling and had a great personality. Nice selection of firearms and the prices looked good to me. As soon as the phone call was over he helped a young man pick out a holster. He seemed to be very friendly and helpful to him.

I am interested in getting a Kimber 1911 in the near future and I will go thru Granger instead of Midwest. After I left them I want to Midwest firing range. While I was there I checked on the price of ammo and for the exact same thing I just bought from Granger and it was a $1 more per box of 50. I think I've found a new home :-)

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I noticed there were several comments about Midwest prices being cheep when its on sale. If you would re-read my original post it doesn't matter if they are giving it away if they are out of stock. Also I have been after the knife and cleaning kit since the ad started with no luck.

Like I said in my post, if you see a gun you want in the flyer. Go early, you cant really expect them to have an unlimited supply of something that is way lower priced than most anywhere else around.

Also like I said others stores have done limited time sales and get no flack for it. Once they are gone, they are gone.

I havent seen anyone else around Indiana selling .45 acp for $13.99 or .40 for 10.99 like they did this month. Its not always perfect but you can get some awesome deals at times.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The sale stuff you have to watch. I remember they had some S&W snubbies on sale last year. I went into ZX and their regular price was lower. But other stuff is really low priced.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    There is NOT ONE gun in Don's Guns that you can't find somewhere else for AT LEAST 30% cheaper than what they have it for. I have never had a bad customer service experience with them, but then again I look like a UC anyway. The best places in town to go with prices and service are Plainfield Shooting Supplies...they only put 10% on top of their price and are usually willing to work with people a little. Also check out Bradis Guns on Kentucky Ave. and a new shop in Mooresville called Indy Tactical Supply. It's a small shop with not a huge selection, but they are awesome guys with great prices and can order anything you need at great prices. On the other hand being a bargain shopper I ALWAYS check online before I make purchases because I can usually find a better price. Gunbroker.com auctionarms.com armslist.com Buds gun shop etc,etc

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The sale stuff you have to watch. I remember they had some S&W snubbies on sale last year. I went into ZX and their regular price was lower. But other stuff is really low priced.

Not that I am doubting you but I got in on that deal. It was $329 then S&W had the $50 rebate at that time. I didnt see anyone around the area that had them for $329. If ZX has them that cheap normally, they arent making much on them.

Top Bottom