• ...and so much more!
  • qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Something not right about all this..... There is no ccp whatever that is. An agency has no method to deny a permit. When they process it, there is only an option to submit to ISP with or without an objection. It is entirely up to ISP to approve or deny.

Evilpope

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2019
    Gary
    So there is no conceal carry permit ( ccp) in Indiana. This is why i dont ever get on these thing never get on here again. Thanks have a good one

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    In case you do come back.

Indiana does not have a ccw,ccp or what ever else.

Indiana has a "license to carry a handgun"
    Indiana does not care if you open carry or conceal carry as long as you have a license to carry.

Also Indiana is a shall issue state. Which means your local PD can't tell you no. Only the state police can tell you no, as log as they have reason to.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So there is no conceal carry permit ( ccp) in Indiana. This is why i dont ever get on these thing never get on here again. Thanks have a good one

Let's get past the language, but for the perfectly proper people here- it's License to Carry a Handgun".

If you are denied, you should get notification from the Indiana State Police. Did you ever get anything from the ISP? The Gary PD doesn't get to make the decision. All it does is sent the paperwork to the ISP.

We're trying to figure out what the problem is so we can offer something useful.

I mean, the City of Gary has a long history of interfering with the LTCH process, but I thought that was resolved long ago.

https://law.justia.com/cases/indiana/supreme-court/1990/45s03-9011-cv-710-4.html

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Don't take it personally. You should see them when someone says clip instead of magazine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A WW2 vet, I knew years ago, that was in the South Pacific always called the M1 carbine mags, clips. I kept my mouth shut and never said a word about it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. I went to Gary, 18th Street Brewing. Had a great time. Bought beer to bring back to Lafayette.

2. There is no concealment requirement in Indiana. Call it "Larry" for all we care, but CCW, CCP are non-terms here.

3. HoughMade is far more forgiving than the average INGOer.

4. It matters not what Gary PD says, what is controlling is the State police determination.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My apologies, for being pedantic, I feel like carrying a fun requires one to be detail oriented. A few slight details are the difference between letting a person live or die. So to gloss over the details of what allows you to carry a gun show a dangerous lack of perception.

Again sorry for getting hung up on the language.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I was living in gary at the time my DL is still the gary address so i thought i had to go to gary..a buddy of mine told me i should have went to lake county to start with said they was easier to deal with

I wonder if this is part of the problem? Using an old address, that is.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

bye.gif

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I was living in gary at the time my DL is still the gary address so i thought i had to go to gary..a buddy of mine told me i should have went to lake county to start with said they was easier to deal with

Lived in Gary, not any more

Lives in Lake County but DL is for Gary

What address is on the original application? What address did you give PD? How long ago did you move from Gary? If your DL says Gary but the PD will mail you the denial; what address do they have? Maybe they could not process it because you failed to maintain proper records. The denial may be that they are unable to process it, not the actual license? Not sure how all this works, but I would not want my name on any processing papers unless it was accurate.

A bit confusing for "us" to understand, how do you think Gary PD feels?

Sometimes I think things happen for the good. All the "i's dotted and t"s crossed".....

Top Bottom