• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yet you are in Indy?
    Indy doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation.

Yeah, but I was born, raised, and spent 26 years on the PD here. I know where to go and where not to go. And..........I only live near the city and go around rather than through whenever I can. Indy is just another city stuck in the morass of liberal thinking. Sorry, I thought the conversation was about Gary. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, but I was born, raised, and spent 26 years on the PD here. I know where to go and where not to go. And..........I only live near the city and go around rather than through whenever I can. Indy is just another city stuck in the morass of liberal thinking. Sorry, I thought the conversation was about Gary. :dunno:

Gary is not really any worse than Indy.
    I've managed to work in Gary for 27 years. And yet I'm still alive.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Jerkwater cities with high murder rates have little to recommend them.

Not having to dig myself out of feet of lake effect snow every year is nice.

Let me know when Gary hosts a Super Bowl, NRA convention or a NASCAR race.

Jerkwater city. :laugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I don't care about the super bowl
    I've been to 1 NRA convention.
    I don't care about NASCAR.

I've been to Indy to visit some INGOers, and to conduct business at the Statehouse.
    So... less than a dozen times in 50 years.

Yes, jerkwater city. glass houses and such.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, and "lake effect"....

:rofl:

Cities mostly south east of the lake and a few miles away are effected, not cities directly south and right on the lake.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't care about the super bowl
    I've been to 1 NRA convention.
    I don't care about NASCAR.

I've been to Indy to visit some INGOers, and to conduct business at the Statehouse.
    So... less than a dozen times in 50 years.

Yes, jerkwater city. glass houses and such.

If you work 27 hours a day and would rather pound away on a computer keyboard in your free time than enjoy the many amenities that an actual city has to offer, your assessment is irrelevant. Anyone who compares Gary with Indianapolis with a straight face is...shall we say...lacking in objectivity?

:):

And apparently, the weather guy is also confused about lake effect snow. He didn't get the memo that it doesn't happen to Gary.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...e_5920a03e-aac5-5b69-812e-a00e69b13d7d.html#1

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    images

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    . Anyone who compares Gary with Indianapolis with a straight face is...shall we say...lacking in objectivity?

As someone who live in a town with 1 stop light, I absolutely hold Gary and Indy in the same category. I don't go to either unless i have to. As far as I'm concerned, they are both right there with Chicago

<---- has a straight face

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    In case you do come back.

Indiana does not have a ccw,ccp or what ever else.

Indiana has a "license to carry a handgun"
    Indiana does not care if you open carry or conceal carry as long as you have a license to carry.

Also Indiana is a shall issue state. Which means your local PD can't tell you no. Only the state police can tell you no, as log as they have reason to.

It is kind of stupid that one even has to go through any process with the local PD in my opinion.

Isn't really an issue for me (have my lifetime), but my son was trying to get his LTCH when home at Christmas break. He did the app, got fingerprinted, etc which ran him down to the last business day he was in town. He went to the local PD and they were closed all day for a funeral with NO ONE at all on staff because of it. He contacted the county Sheriff's office who said sure, come down and pay us and we'll transfer it to local PD on Monday. He did that. Went back to school and then when he checks on it, the local PD said Nope, can't accept it that way even though County Sheriff's office took it and transferred it to us, etc. By that time he was back at school out of state and would not be back before the app expires.

It should all just be submitted directly to the state if it is not going to be constitutional carry. The local PD even having to be involved at all, when they do nothing really with the process except take money and glance at your ID is just an unnecessary hoop to jump through these days.

In other states where I held a license to carry, before I moved to IN, it was all direct submit through the state.

My son will give it another go when he is back (if he comes back home for the summer).

/rant

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I'm sure some people in "real" cities feel the same about your cute little backwater city.

Why anyone wants to live in close proximity with so many other people is beyond me. I've lived in cities, and never will again.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you work 27 hours a day and would rather pound away on a computer keyboard in your free time than enjoy the many amenities that an actual city has to offer, your assessment is irrelevant. Anyone who compares Gary with Indianapolis with a straight face is...shall we say...lacking in objectivity?

And apparently, the weather guy is also confused about lake effect snow. He didn't get the memo that it doesn't happen to Gary.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...e_5920a03e-aac5-5b69-812e-a00e69b13d7d.html#1
    You do realize that any area around a lake can get lake effect snow, don't know? Chicago gets lake effect snow on occasion too, that doesn't mean they get a lot of it.

Maybe you should actually research where the snow belts are before you respond in such an ignorant manner.
    Chicago Averages 37" of snow a year.
    Gary averages 40" of snow a year.
    Michigan City averages 62". They are in the snow belt.
    South Bend averages 67", also in the snow belt.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As someone who live in a town with 1 stop light, I absolutely hold Gary and Indy in the same category. I don't go to either unless i have to. As far as I'm concerned, they are both right there with Chicago

<---- has a straight face

You guys got a stoplight? When did this happen? :laugh:

Long before I was "in Avon" which is known for it's stoplights, I lived seven miles from a town with a caution light and a four way stop. I know what you mean.

I work downtown Indy (not Monument Circle downtown, but close) and since Michigan Street is now 2-way east of White River so my commute is under 14 miles.

I like being able to do stuff downtown more than I thought I would when we moved here. I also like being on my side of the county line afterwards.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm sure some people in "real" cities feel the same about your cute little backwater city.

Why anyone wants to live in close proximity with so many other people is beyond me. I've lived in cities, and never will again.

Surprisingly, not everyone who lives in a city is stacked on top of each other in a skyscraper. I live in a suburb, actually a small town that is considered Indianapolis. Unless you knew that you were in Indy, you couldn't tell the area from any small town in Indiana. In my line of work, I make twice (or more) what I could make living in the sticks. Plus I have easy access to all kinds of shopping, dining and entertainment. It's nice having more choices than a Walmart, a Burger King and a gas station. And Bubba's Bait Shop, if he decides to come in today.

Funny how people who like to make fun of Indy do it by calling it things like "backwater," which is exactly where they probably live.

"I hate cities. Also, you're not a real city." :):

Top Bottom