• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I find some very good deals there but they are few and far between.
    I did sell one gun to them last year because they made me a offer I couldn't refuse.
    I had just left the range with a few toys and stopped to see if I could find a deal got talking to one of the counter guys and it came up that I had a Taraus Raging Bull 454. He wanted to check it out so I went and got it from the car. I have no clue what he was thinking or what book he was looking at but he offered me a used XD-9 I was looking at and $300 cash for it. I loved that gun but I figured I was getting almost $750 for a $400 gun so I jumped on it!

joegrunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Planning on Evansville
    Gander here in Evansville usually has really high prices. You can eek out a deal every once in a while. I've heard they don't do well on trade ins.

Last time I was there, the guy showing me the pistols was telling me that he went to Whittakers to buy his :dunno:. I do like their gunsmith though, he seems pretty knowledgeable.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Agreed, they suck. I don't like to trade with anyone, I usually sell what it is that I want to get rid of, and then buy used whatever it is that I'm looking for. Rarely do I buy a new gun.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I wen through the same thing with them. They offered me way less than what they were selling identical used guns for. But I have found some good deals there. They recently called me when I complained about their poor customer service on finding a rifle I was looking for. The firearms manager took it upon himself to find the rifle that was no longer made and found the only new one available, then sold it to me for way less than anyone else! :rockwoot: If you have a problem contact them PROFESSIONALLY by email, they take it very seriously!

I agree never trade a gun in there!

Whiskey Lake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Indy Area
    I will say, in defense of Gander Mountain, that they had THE BEST price ever on P22's a while back. They suck on trades and most other stuff, but they had a shining moment...

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I hear they give guns away in Ft Wayne. :D:rockwoot:

hrmmmm...

I go in there all the time looking for reloading supplies and they never give me anything for free. Actually every time I look at their used guns they want to give me a soar rectum by trying to bend me over on the prices. :):

chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll give ya $241:) in all seriousness though I think it goes without saying that any big box store would not be as flexible with pricing regarding buying OR selling. I'd feel jipped if they offered me that while they were selling others in much worse condition for that much! I've only dealt with gander on the north side and I was lucky enough to find that1 out 100 steal where you want it off the shelves and in your name fast before they realize it and raise the price the next day! I'd try the classifieds here...hundreds of transactions go down through here and you rarely hear any squabling. Good Luck!

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    gander

To sum it up my experiences at the Castleton Gander Mtn. It's hit or miss on service. If Fred, the manager, is in there, you should do alright, although it's been bad enough that I have called the store mgr. after leaving and having poor/no service. Prices are not bad on firearms, and you can find some good deals on used firearms, hence the poor trade in "values" I guess. Ammo is priced way too high.

Top Bottom