• ...and so much more!
  • funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    From a friend's Facebook post:

"I went to Dunhams to get 22 long rifle ammo this morning. Got one box of 22lr. Found out the manager was fired for selling Dunhams stock to a gun shop in Muncie, In. in which his brother in law owns. Glad he lost his job. Next, 50 percent of the people there were there to buy and resale ammo on line at the crazy high prices. People please refuse to buy it. Once they have a bunch of ammo they can not sale, the stock in the stores will be replenished."
    :rockwoot:

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    They're denying it on facebook. They're also saying that they haven't bought and re-sold any ammo from other stores.

Aren't they the store that allegedly leaves the original retailer's price sticker on the boxes, with only the price marked out? Thought I saw a post about that in another thread recently.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not that it's really that important but shows the type of businessmen they are, if they are in fact doing it.

Does anyone have actual proof that this is going on?

Oh. You're saying that Dunham's is buying from other stores and reselling it?

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Oh. You're saying that Dunham's is buying from other stores and reselling it?

I re-read the posts a few times to see if I missed something and I don't think I did. No, I'm saying that people are making accusations that Mcgalliard Guns is buying ammo from other stores and re-selling it. I'm not one of those people, I'm just trying to find out if it's true or not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I re-read the posts a few times to see if I missed something and I don't think I did. No, I'm saying that people are making accusations that Mcgalliard Guns is buying ammo from other stores and re-selling it. I'm not one of those people, I'm just trying to find out if it's true or not.

OK. Sorry to be so dense. Just trying to catch up.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

"I went to Dunhams to get 22 long rifle ammo this morning. Got one box of 22lr. Found out the manager was fired for selling Dunhams stock to a gun shop in Muncie, In. in which his brother in law owns. Glad he lost his job. Next, 50 percent of the people there were there to buy and resale ammo on line at the crazy high prices. People please refuse to buy it. Once they have a bunch of ammo they can not sale, the stock in the stores will be replenished."

That scumbag Fred used to do that at the Muncie Wal-Marts before his run in with the feds. I can only hope he is getting a little bubba treatment while he is away:):

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    So whats the problem with M.Guns buying ammo up that is perfectly available and legal to do and reselling it? They are a business and are trying to turn a profit. Just like all businesses...

Is this not Murica'?

FTR: Ive never been to their store and could care less about them.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside

Yes, it's been confirmed by numerous people that McGaliards does that on the regular. They did the same thing with AR15's right after Sandy Hook, since there are two Walmarts in Muncie that sell guns. The guy working at McSports gun counter volunteered that info to me one day when I was looking for ammo. There are a couple threads floating around with more info...

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    So whats the problem with M.Guns buying ammo up that is perfectly available and legal to do and reselling it? They are a business and are trying to turn a profit. Just like all businesses...

Is this not Murica'?

FTR: Ive never been to their store and could care less about them.

What's wrong with it? Nothing illegal. Just completely immoral from a decent person's point of view.

If you want to keep the price of .223 at $1 a shot, a bulk box of .22lr's at $60, and a 50 round box of 380 at $45, then there is nothing at all wrong with it. But as soon as people start finding that ammo elsewhere and McGalliard doesn't have their fingers in Dunhams' stock, that price will decrease, as I'm sure even yourself would like to see.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

I agree. I hope and pray that this crap ends soon just to see some of these people end up sitting on a bunch of ammo they get screwed on.:n00b:

Top Bottom