Eastside AR500 Demo - New Castle, IN - 6/12/2010 (open to all guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    This particular event will be held on June 12th near New Castle, IN. Pierce195 has arranged for us to use the local FOP range. This particular event is an open invite and is open to all guns. Event will begin around 10:00AM. Feel free to come and go as you choose, the event will continue as long as everyone is enjoying themselves! :ar15:

Please bring chairs, snacks, food, drinks, and whatever you will want to get through the day.

The steel to shoot at will be provided by myself on behalf of Bobcat Steel. There is no cost for this event. Ammo and firearms will not be provided, although I am sure there will be some sharing going on:ingo:

I am sure I have missed something, so if you have any questions, please post up and we will get you an answer!

If you have a facility you think could host a future event, please contact me and see if we can work something out!

Attending:
    ZbornacSVT
    pierce195
    SSGSAD +3?
    Bisley Man
    66chevelle
    cornfused +1
    hunter46140
    S8MS-01904
    wag1911
    balorg
    m82mike
    kwatters
    Airborne33
    DHolder
    Thumper

Last edited:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    This should be a fun location! Keep in mind that this is the Saturday after the next 1500, so it is a good chance to try out any new toys you might acquire!

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Like stated before, this open to all guns and should be a good time. I will have the MP5 with me if anyone wants to brings their own 9mm ammo and shot it.

Indygo members will be the only people at the range. If anyone has a request as far a something they would like set up, just let me know.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    what is the steel rated for?? Handgun, rifle?? Just wondering.

Its rated for freaking laser beamz. :rockwoot:

I took my bobcat steel targets out for a run yesterday.

Rattlecanned em, set em up. full size IPSC, half size IPSC, quarter size IPSC and those kickass windchimes.

I shot 550 rounds of 22lr <should have brought more than one box...> 200 rounds of 5.56 xm193, and 200 9mm at them... not even a hint of a divot or mark or anything. they basically look new. Earlier I shot a 22-250 at my 25% ipsc and no damage whatsoever. 2 seconds with a spray can, voila. <its odd how fast they dry, they dry in like seconds. which seemed odd to me but I dont paint a lot of stuff.>

I.. am a huge fan. I think this just may be the best gun related purchase I have ever made. Being able to see the impact points even shooting at a small dot on the steel, if you miss the dot you can see, adjust, let the target "talk" to you like they teach at Appleseed <little plug...> and improve your shooting on the fly.

I would go so far as to say, the last few gun related bling items for my AR were 100% useless compared to these steel targets.

The full size ones especially are great, I took and taped ritz crackers all over the giant ipsc one, two for eyes, little O shaped "OMG!" mouth, and a giant "center mass" circle, and blew them up with the 22lr pistol.

I had more fun...than I can remember having in a LONG time.

Before you buy a $30 meal at CheapSteakRoadhouse, buy a $30 steel target.

Before you hire a young south american boy off of craigslist to clean your gutters, seriously, clean em yourself and buy a steel target.

Just try it. Its that much fun.

And Bobcat is localish, so I saved on hunormous shipping costs. Which is .. frankly awesome.

I am a fan. :noway:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just wish I had some place to use them

Gonna buy at least one soon. But none of the public ranges will let you shoot anythng but paper. Just gotta join a local club that allows steel. And BTW the most fun is that little bitty square target that you can flip over the 2x4 if you hit it just right! Can't wait to put a few 8mm Mausers down range at all of them!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom