• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    50 rounds vs 33.:dunno:

In my experience, very little difference between carrying one and two magazines. Two actually balances the gun, repels the love handle and hides better under light cover (tshirt).

Might make all the difference if:
    -You have no choice, but to leave a mag on the ground.
    -Your buddy needs ammo and wasn't smart like you.
    -Your reason for having your gun out is more than one.
    -Your reason for having your gun out is carrying a long gun.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I carry a full 15 rd spare for my EDC G-27, if I carry his big brother G-22, it's all good and in that case I should also carry the G-27 as a BUG.

Lonehoosier. Where did you get the kydex sheath? I have a Gerber fixed blade I want a kydex clip on sheath for it.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I carry a full 15 rd spare for my EDC G-27, if I carry his big brother G-22, it's all good and in that case I should also carry the G-27 as a BUG.

Lonehoosier. Where did you get the kydex sheath? I have a Gerber fixed blade I want a kydex clip on sheath for it.
    I made it. It's two separate pieces.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    For me, it's sometimes. I know I should do it all the time (not for spare ammo, 20+1 is more than adequate) but for malfunctions. I haven't found the right way for me to carry a spare that I'm willing to do everyday. I've made it my priority to get that sorted out over the next couple of months though.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Looks very nice and functional. I have been thinking of adding a 3" - 4" fixed blade to my EDC, but have not found one I really like.
    My ESEE-4 is a 4 inch blade. It needs to ride higher so when sit down it does not poke you in the side. I'm tactically padded around the waste, it wears quite comfortably. I've been thinking of making a double mag holder with the knife behind it but just have not had the time.

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Front pocket carry. It is very flexible and "curves" to the pocket. In fact I have some pants that have larger pockets and shield moves around a bit.

gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    Do you guys think carrying two extra mags is neccessary for malfunction purposes? Or would one do the job? Just don't want to add extra bulk and weight to my EDC if I don't have too.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Personally I carry 1 extra mag for whatever gun I am carrying. Usually my G19 or my G43. I put it in my back pocket with my wallet and it keeps it aligned vertically where it needs to be for a constant draw, Some day I may get some IWB pouches and carry at 11 O'clock but for now this works for me.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    No, 2 mags are not necessary as the odds of needing both are remote. If you have 2 mag related malfs in one gun fight, then the odds of either not surviving the fight or never getting a shot off period are about even. Either way, you did not do your due diligence and made sure your EDC would not fail when needed.
    I have range mags and EDC mags that loaded for EDC only and not shot at the range all the time to save the springs. Glock mags are relatively cheap and abundant, so having several is not a real issue.
    I carry 2 spare reloads because that's what I am comfortable doing. I have worked in some pretty crappy areas of the world where Americans are not popular and had to do alot of it mostly unarmed. Now that I don't have to worry about not being armed, and in light of the presence of those same types of people here in good ole America, I like having the second reload for the EDC.
    You have to decide your own comfort level and then work within it. One reload is better than none, but in an active shooter / domestic terrorism situation (remote, I know), you may have more than one adversary to deal with. If your EDC is a single stack or a revolver, then running out of ammo becomes a real concern.
    As usual, YMMV.

gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    No, 2 mags are not necessary as the odds of needing both are remote. If you have 2 mag related malfs in one gun fight, then the odds of either not surviving the fight or never getting a shot off period are about even. Either way, you did not do your due diligence and made sure your EDC would not fail when needed.
    I have range mags and EDC mags that loaded for EDC only and not shot at the range all the time to save the springs. Glock mags are relatively cheap and abundant, so having several is not a real issue.
    I carry 2 spare reloads because that's what I am comfortable doing. I have worked in some pretty crappy areas of the world where Americans are not popular and had to do alot of it mostly unarmed. Now that I don't have to worry about not being armed, and in light of the presence of those same types of people here in good ole America, I like having the second reload for the EDC.
    You have to decide your own comfort level and then work within it. One reload is better than none, but in an active shooter / domestic terrorism situation (remote, I know), you may have more than one adversary to deal with. If your EDC is a single stack or a revolver, then running out of ammo becomes a real concern.
    As usual, YMMV.

Yeah my EDC is a Glock 19 so its 15+1. As far as rounds go I think I will be okay. I think you make an excellent point that its really just going to come down to what I am comfortable doing. If two mags feels better to me than thats what I need to go with. If its to much weight and I don't like the bulkiness than I can always just carry one spare.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe BBI might breeze through, or somebody with better memory than I have... Isnt his saying 3-3-3? 3 rounds, 3 seconds, 3 feet (yards?) That (or something similar) is the typical encounter; 3 rounds are fired, perp is within 3 feet/yards, and its over in 3 seconds.

Thats what I base my choice on for 99.9% of my carry.

Top Bottom