• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Maybe BBI might breeze through, or somebody with better memory than I have... Isnt his saying 3-3-3? 3 rounds, 3 seconds, 3 feet (yards?) That (or something similar) is the typical encounter; 3 rounds are fired, perp is within 3 feet/yards, and its over in 3 seconds.

Thats what I base my choice on for 99.9% of my carry.

I hope it is like that. I just revert back to my military training and expect the worst. :runaway:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Yeah my EDC is a Glock 19 so its 15+1. As far as rounds go I think I will be okay. I think you make an excellent point that its really just going to come down to what I am comfortable doing. If two mags feels better to me than thats what I need to go with. If its to much weight and I don't like the bulkiness than I can always just carry one spare.

Your EDC is all about trial and error. Figuring out what works and does not work for you is half the fun.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I hope it is like that. I just revert back to my military training and expect the worst. :runaway:

Dude, I've still got a proper combat load staged. But I ain't carrying that around. That mentality won't help as much without being adapted to life amongst civilians. The training you received in the military was mucho beneficial for the scenarios to be anticipated there. I'm still 100% for "seek, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver" but I've also got to be prepared to be my families own bodyguard detail (which I never received training on), I've gotta be ready for the possibility of an active shooter (mine is limited to 8+8 rounds of 357 and elbows and knees), and the unlikely possibility that someone will attempt to rob me. I will share a funny story: an Army buddy of mine was out and about with his wife and child and a man tried to rob him at knife point. My buddy is sorta your average every day scary as heck meat eater. He was prepared fully to get cut up a bit while he killed this dude with his thumbs. His wife stepped between the two and stopped her husband from dismembering the perp. I can only imagine the thoughts going through that guys mind as he realized he did NOT have this situation under control and that the "weaker" vessel was actually saving him from a less pleasant end to his evening at the hands of an enraged dog face...I'm, sorry army guy.

You know how it is: if you aren't wearing a bomb vest or carrying an RPG you aren't very scary nd I'm pretty sure I can take you.

I have really enjoyed the many posts from BBI and have adjusted quite a bit based on his findings. I carry a snub nose revolver and have trained with it extensively to ensure I can perform quite well. I will admit that I choose a 327 PC for the extra capacity. The 5 shot J-frame did leave me feeling a bit inadequate should the situation be an active shooter or multiple assailants. I'm very unlikely to ever have occasion for a reload...EVER. But, I carry a not-so-speed strip in the event the bad guys turn out to be zombies. I carry a bit of 550 cord rigged up to be used as an improvised tourniquet. And I have boo-boo kits all over my vehicles. I figure the absolute most likely need, that I will be value added in, is going to be in medical aid prior to EMS.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    I have a small chest rig configured to support both the AR and the shottie, with a flashlight, J-Knife, trauma shears and small IFAK. It's 4 (ea) 30 round mags and a dozen extra shotgun shells, 6 slug and 6 - 00 buck. That should more than handle any type of home or property defense situation that might arise. I am also starting to put together a get home bag and Blow Out kit for the truck, then start building a Bug Out Bag.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I have a small chest rig configured to support both the AR and the shottie, with a flashlight, J-Knife, trauma shears and small IFAK. It's 4 (ea) 30 round mags and a dozen extra shotgun shells, 6 slug and 6 - 00 buck. That should more than handle any type of home or property defense situation that might arise. I am also starting to put together a get home bag and Blow Out kit for the truck, then start building a Bug Out Bag.

This is all too funny to me. I wish you luck in your endeavor and hopefully you find many sales. I spent way too much money doing what you are attempting right now. I would absolutely read through all that BBI has posted here and there because it may very well help you save a buck or two.

Operation Desert storm, you're almost ancient. Haha! I'm playing. How long you been a veteran?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Over the years, I have used mag cases made by most holster makers. A few were really good, not cheap, and worked. Most were double mag capacity. I bought 4 used Police trade in mag cases by Don Hume, and Safariland to fit G22/17/19. The couple looser fit got a stretch job for my G21. These mag cases can be worn vertical or horizontal. Also have a couple from Blackhawk. Used Hume & Safari were $5 each, BH was around $25. Bought a 1911 2mag from Galco for $48. It has snaps to easy on/off the case.
    Even have a couple Uncle Mikes that were like $10 barely used. Since I wear the cases weak hand behind my hip, they all do the job. The Galco is my favorite though. been using it for over 2 years, still like brand new tight. Paid the most for that one.
    Good luck.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    This is all too funny to me. I wish you luck in your endeavor and hopefully you find many sales. I spent way too much money doing what you are attempting right now. I would absolutely read through all that BBI has posted here and there because it may very well help you save a buck or two.

Operation Desert storm, you're almost ancient. Haha! I'm playing. How long you been a veteran?

Enlisted in 1989 and finished in 2009, then was a contractor for a couple years.

gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    Over the years, I have used mag cases made by most holster makers. A few were really good, not cheap, and worked. Most were double mag capacity. I bought 4 used Police trade in mag cases by Don Hume, and Safariland to fit G22/17/19. The couple looser fit got a stretch job for my G21. These mag cases can be worn vertical or horizontal. Also have a couple from Blackhawk. Used Hume & Safari were $5 each, BH was around $25. Bought a 1911 2mag from Galco for $48. It has snaps to easy on/off the case.
    Even have a couple Uncle Mikes that were like $10 barely used. Since I wear the cases weak hand behind my hip, they all do the job. The Galco is my favorite though. been using it for over 2 years, still like brand new tight. Paid the most for that one.
    Good luck.

So you prefer the double mag pouches? Do you feel like it takes up to much room?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I carry 2 spare mags in a Blackhawk carrier. Carry them on my left side. Balances my G19 out well.
    And I carry them because I can.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    When you EDC do you carry extra mags with you? Is this something to take into consideration or is the capacity my gun originally holds totally fine?

I'm going to make a suggestion, and I hope you take it. You really should do yourself a HUGE favor, and contact INGO member obijohn. I quoted him below. He's a fantastic trainer, and he will teach you all sorts of things. I have taken many of his classes, and I hope to take more when time allows. His classes are extremely affordable, even for guys on a budget. And the information he teaches, it's life changing.

It's not just about have ammunition. The magazine are wear parts and can fail. It's about keeping your pistol operational. Plus, the only time you can have too much ammo is when you are trying to swim.

gunman45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    indianapolis
    I'm going to make a suggestion, and I hope you take it. You really should do yourself a HUGE favor, and contact INGO member obijohn. I quoted him below. He's a fantastic trainer, and he will teach you all sorts of things. I have taken many of his classes, and I hope to take more when time allows. His classes are extremely affordable, even for guys on a budget. And the information he teaches, it's life changing.

Okay thank you! I just PMed him about training classes!

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    I carry 2 spare mags when I carry my full size... to me it's more about balancing the wieght on both sides then anything else

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Top Bottom