• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    Truth be told i will use the swords and seal knife brfore ammo i am sure but they get dull after so many head chops... so gun choice and ammo is next ..... macheniry is nice if lighting fast , but yet to find that peice

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll use a slingshot because Im just that stupid!

That's nothing. Part of my zombie gear includes heavy coveralls, a motorcycle jacket, a helmet, leather gauntlets, and a pair of blackjacks, for when I'm low on ammo.

I've also got a Swamp Rat Rodent Waki.

Because I'm that bad.

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    ok my opion is 22 or 223 do to the fact you can carry 1000 rounds of 22 to the 100 of .223 . Math tells me at most i will mis 20% in quick fire and rather have 800 good shoots over 80

eeadams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Fishers
    .223. I figure the rotted flesh on the zombie's won't slow bullet down much and I can take out 2, 3, 4 at a time if I line 'em up right!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My JHP handguns would work well on living targets, blossomming out and imparting all of their energy to the CoM. On zeds, however, there are other considerations. When the same JHP to the thorax can "liberate" copious amounts of decayed tissue and not even slow the onslaught down, a different tack needs to be taken.

In a proper zombie apocalypse, it's all about numbers. .22LR can be had by the gross. If I'm on the run from a herd, I hope it's Walking Dead/Romeroesque shamblers. I can calmly align headshots and eat through the herd rather efficiently. If I'm about to be overrun by Dawn of the Dead or The Crazies remake type fasties or smarties, I want something that can be devastating to pursuers when fired on the run. That's something more 12 ga. flavoured, but for the same volume and weight of a single shotgun shell, I could have enough .22LR ammo to take out a dozen. .223 spray and pray is a good way to run out of ammo long before the herd runs out of zeds. It'd really only be good for long-range shots on shamblers, shots which are better served by the hunting tactics below.

When facing zeds more one on one, where I can calmly assess the threat and deal with it appropriately, whether shamblers or fasties, I'd want to conserve ammo wherever the possibilities lie. That would call for some form of melee weapon: machettes, tomahawks, entrenching tools, katanas, baseball bats if that's all I have at hand. Calmly line up the swing and separate head from neck.

Once it's a matter of hunting them myself, I want something silent, but deadly, while ranged. Sneaking up on an unsuspecting zed with a sword does no good when it manages a scream of rage before its vocal cords are separated from its lungs, thus alerting the herd. A compound (cross)bow would be my weapon of choice and a quiver full of every arrow and long bolt I could collect or make from collected bird feathers and straight sticks with charred tips. On that note, I'd have two quivers kept entirely separate. The quiver for hunting food and the quiver for hunting zeds, and never the twain shall meet. I may not be able to prove that the zeds are just infected, but I'll not be taking any chances that something that came out of a zed and then into wildlife might contaminate it.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I would use both depending on the situation. If I have a good, defensible position and assistance from friends in its defense, then I would keep my large arms there.

.22s would be good for hunting them down. For more silent times I would make use of one of my khukris or a wrist rocket type sling shot. Fire would also be good to use and I am pretty sure finding the supplies to make Molotov Cocktails wouldn't be too hard to come by.

Bows and crossbows are nice. But once you use your supply of arrows or bolts you either have to go hunting for more or spend time making them. A slingshot can shoot anything small and at hand. pebbles are everywhere. Just my thoughts on that though.

Top Bottom