• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Are there any native english speakers on this forum? Celibatory, celebatory, and celabatory gunfire are likely by someone who is celibate. That kind of means the opposite of celebrate.

I see so many posts that are almost unreadable because of the OP's inability to write in English. Have we been infiltrated by non-native speakers or are these the same people who say that if you come to this country you should speak "Merican!". I agree that the official language should be English.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Meh. I admit I find it mildly annoying as well, but if you can't overlook the inability of most people to properly spell words longer than three letters in length, then it's not just this forum that is going to bother you, it's the entire country.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Annoying? Yeah. Does it make it hard to read some posts? Sure.

If being annoyed by folks' borderline illiteracy is the worst thing I have to worry about today, then I'm having a great day.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes we shoulb a11 speaky de engrish.

a102_e6.jpg

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I agree we're probably not going to find the next Hemingway here on INGO, but it's not going to make me want to do a roundhouse kick to someones temple either.

I would much rather read the occasional misspelled word than a post with no paragraphs and terrible punctuation. I typically give up on those.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Don't blame the internet for our failure to educate our own children. Our citizens cannot spell or write because we allowed our education system to be confiscated by the federal government for its purposes of indoctrination.

Check out this article regarding the next phase of the homosexualization of the USA by indoctrination in the public schools. "Gender liberation" is the next step now being taken in California according to this source. Of course, this is only one example of how the government is using the power we allowed them to usurp.

You won’t believe what’s ‘next’ in radical sex agenda

Our children cannot think or write; they do not understand the Constitution; they are unaware of the history of western civilization; they cannot understand cultural differences. These things have happened because we allowed the government to take control of the education of our children.

Please do not hi-jack the thread into a debate on homosexuality. My point is that the inability to write or spell is a result of government control of education. I use the article mentioned above as one example of how the system works.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I agree we're probably not going to find the next Hemingway here on INGO, but it's not going to make me want to do a roundhouse kick to someones temple either.

I would much rather read the occasional misspelled word than a post with no paragraphs and terrible punctuation. I typically give up on those.

I agree (although with spell-check it's amazing that I see as many miss-spelled words as I do). The missing punctuation though is a real killer.

when i see things like it this it drives me crazy its bad when no body uses periods commas or whatever i mean how hard can it be to use capital letters seems like some people should have paid more attention in school and dont get me started on people that use text talk instead of real words words like no instead of know or u instead of you and i swear to god the next time i see probably spelled prolly or ad spelled add im going to snap oh crap i almost put a period in and that wouldnt fit with what im trying to do here

There was a thread yesterday titled "to many guns". I was excited and thought someone had been kind enough to give out a map or directions to a cache of weapons. Imagine my disappointment when I opened the thread to find someone *****ing about "the ole lady".

Words mean different things and there's nothing wrong with the occasional spelling or grammatical error. But there's also nothing wrong with being proud of trying to get them right most of the time too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom