• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Like my father used to say.. If that's all you've got to worry about son, you're doin' pretty good

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Welcome to the gun culture.:D

I once attempted to point out the many errors that a dealer had at a table at Knob Creek ("moters", "Grand clips", inappropriate quotation marks, inter alia), his response: "I am proud of my ignorance."

This is a great blog you might enjoy:

The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks

Dear Professor,

I wish to point out that although many of my posts have the quote marks, it was to denote not only sarcasm but more often than not misused or overused words and phrases. This was not done to cause annoyance to His Excellency. It is my sincere hope that as Juridical Director and headmaster of the Royal Reformatory, Her Majesty's redoubtable regent, most eminent emissary and heeler of hooligans, you will continue on your mission to bring culture and civilisation to the savages.

By the way, weren't you with Wellington at Waterloo? Perhaps with Monty at El Alamein? :)

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Dear Professor,

I wish to point out that although many of my posts have the quote marks, it was to denote not only sarcasm but more often than not misused or overused words and phrases. This was not done to cause annoyance to His Excellency. It is my sincere hope that as Juridical Director and headmaster of the Royal Reformatory, Her Majesty's redoubtable regent, most eminent emissary and heeler of hooligans, you will continue on your mission to bring culture and civilisation to the savages.

By the way, weren't you with Wellington at Waterloo? Perhaps with Monte at El Alamein? :)

Well played. I hate English Nazi's almost as much as I do Illinois Nazi's. Of course you realize you miss-spelled "civilization"? :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am a non-native english speaker, for real.
    Im not sure if there are any others on here.
    Im trying my best to write in proper english, even if I sometime have to spell check some words with Google to be sure that I get them right.
    I dont know if people actually have trouble understanding my posts or not.
    I sometime see posts with no punctuation whatsoever, that is really annoying, and im not even talking about common mistakes like "YOUR" instead of "YOU'RE" and things like that.
    But like my english is not perfect either im not going to correct other people's grammar.

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Well played. I hate English Nazi's almost as much as I do Illinois Nazi's. Of course you realize you miss-spelled "civilization"? :D
    The British spelling was deliberate. The post was to be read, as spoken, with a proper British accent, that the humour might be appreciated. (Certainly not for spite, rather an attempt to make him laugh as repayment for many hilarious posts. This may not have been successful. The punishment for insolence is to be flayed, flogged, thrashed, birched, keelhauled, hanged from the yardarm, drawn and quartered.)

And I was instructed by so-called English Nazis. :)

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    sheriffw.jpg

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I am not the worlds best speller, but usually I'm pretty good at the mechanics of grammar. My wife can spell great, but is not so good at using proper punctuation. I try to improve my spelling, and have been all my life, but I try not to get too annoyed at misspelled words. The only thing I don't like is when someone tries to use "text talk" kind of spelling. It just makes it hard to read for me.

Top Bottom