• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not for people with diplomatic immunity.

This ^^

I don't think some people realize how you can get away with anything with the proper immunity.
    Now did all those people have immunity, and what kind, is the real question. :dunno:

Some just have partial immunity and can be arrested with a warrant if they commit a felony.

With a full immunity they cannot be arrested, detained, questioned, searched etc ... even when they commit a felony (murder, rape, assault ...).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    To my understanding, usually you're not able to carry on such an event as a protest. I'm sure there are other obvious facts about this case.

Nobody has yet shown how this started, at least to my knowledge. The black lives matter protests and the ANTIFA being most recent examples of the protests that we, Americans, are demonstrating tolerance and tendency for, who should I bias towards here? One side was present at the request of our commander in chief. The other side was not, but they represent our nation by choosing to be at that location. In this instance, with the information I currently an aware of, I'm inclined to say they ("peaceful" protestors) should have felt a responsibility to represent with more reserve.

Ultimately, yet again, another peaceful protest had turned violent

That guy on the ground with the bullhorn getting kicked in the head, is he "reserved" enough for ya?

I don't need any help in deciding if I'm biased towards Kurdish American protestors or foreign thugs protecting a scumbag radical Islamist.

I will admit that if was Islamic thugs vs. Antifa commies, I'd have really mixed emotions. :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    .....who should I bias towards here?

Maybe this will help. A little perspective on Erdogan:

At the beginning of his political career in the mid-nineties he said, “Thank God Almighty, I am a servant of the Sharia.” A decade later he said, “Democracy is like a streetcar. You ride it until you arrive at your destination and then you step off.” In 2007, Erdogan said of the term “moderate Islam,” “These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.” And last May, referring to democracy, freedom, and the rule of law, he proclaimed in a television address, “For us, these phrases have absolutely no value any longer.”

Erdogan Moves Closer to Making Turkey an Islamic State | Frontpage Mag

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Maybe this will help. A little perspective on Erdogan:

At the beginning of his political career in the mid-nineties he said, “Thank God Almighty, I am a servant of the Sharia.” A decade later he said, “Democracy is like a streetcar. You ride it until you arrive at your destination and then you step off.” In 2007, Erdogan said of the term “moderate Islam,” “These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.” And last May, referring to democracy, freedom, and the rule of law, he proclaimed in a television address, “For us, these phrases have absolutely no value any longer.”

Erdogan Moves Closer to Making Turkey an Islamic State | Frontpage Mag

I get it. Truly. I regards to Muslims and middle eastern men I can be as prejudiced as anyone. My hang up here is two fold.
    1)He was a guest of our commander in chief
    2)Our recent tendency towards violence in protests

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    As they say with great power comes great responsibility.
    Some dilplomats act like real model citizens even though nothing they do can be illegal they still obey local laws and act very courteous.

I've seen the Suburban of the US Embassy in Paris stop at red lights even though they don't have to obey traffic laws and use they lights and sirens.

That what you want to do when you are representing your entire country abroad.
    Show class and respect.
    Don't punch local citizens in the face and hide behind your immunity.

7764810882_8c87f7a68f_b.jpg

I bet they respect traffic laws better than your average Parisian does.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I get it. Truly. I regards to Muslims and middle eastern men I can be as prejudiced as anyone. My hang up here is two fold.

I understand those concerns. I fully support our commander-in-chief, but not necessarily the people he must deal with as a matter of course for the office. I will also note that the recent tendency towards violence at protests is a product of certain groups, and not necessarily something that is inherent to protests. In this case, it appears that the Turks were the most violent, crossing the street and breaking through the police to attack the protestors.

Can you think of a provocation that the protestors could have committed that justifies a man being kicked repeatedly while on the ground?

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I understand those concerns. I fully support our commander-in-chief, but not necessarily the people he must deal with as a matter of course for the office. I will also note that the recent tendency towards violence at protests is a product of certain groups, and not necessarily something that is inherent to protests. In this case, it appears that the Turks were the most violent, crossing the street and breaking through the police to attack the protestors.

Can you think of a provocation that the protestors could have committed that justifies a man being kicked repeatedly while on the ground?

To your question on justified kicking while down: certainly unjustified. no argument there

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If you look on the bodyguards faces you can see clear disgust. This type of disrespectful behavior would not be allowed in Turkey. When the bodyguards get pulled off the protestors by the uniformed police, look at the confusion of the body guard's faces.

Something like this actually went down in Bloomington years ago. It involved similar parties and resulted in similar results.

If Ergodan's detail had any kind of immunity, i would revoke it. Persona non grata starting now. Turkey does have some of our folks on base in their country and at least one of those bases house some of our Nukes. That intermingling of interests buys Turkey some room when considering incidents like this. It does not buy Turkey enough room for her goons to come over here and run amock as if they were in their own **** stinking land.

Turkey's assistance is handy, but it is not absolutely necessary. They are not a world power. They are not a linchpin of decision. They are at best a half backwards nation on the perpetual line between Europe and Africa. They smell funny and they are not counted on because they are not consistent.

Our president should remind Ergodan of these facts and his place in the world. If Ergodan is allowed to come over here and visit, it is at our invitation. If Ergodan's security detail cannot handle themselves in public, they should leave the land of milk and honey until they get their **** together. Unwashed savages, they need to be reminded and publicly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I`m obviously unaware, but, are protesters obligated to only have the right of peaceable assembly if unarmed? And please, do tell...how might the protesters have shown more "reserve"?

Its actually law in some states. I forget which, but I was traveling and happened to see the statute when looking at the state's laws on my phone to familiarize myself as I entered. I think it was KY or TN but dont recall which. But it specifically said you could not carry a firearm during a protest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That guy on the ground with the bullhorn getting kicked in the head, is he "reserved" enough for ya?

I don't need any help in deciding if I'm biased towards Kurdish American protestors or foreign thugs protecting a scumbag radical Islamist.

I will admit that if was Islamic thugs vs. Antifa commies, I'd have really mixed emotions. :):

Those, I'm betting aren't DC metro cops. I would thing that their response would be quite different to the body guards.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

1) Being a guest of our commander in chief shouldn't mean they get to beat on citizens just because the guest didn't like what they said.
    2) Violence in past protests is irrelevant. This protest was peaceful until the ambassador told the thugs to go beat up the protestors.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Not to mention a bunch of US DSS agents there to protect the Turkish president who would be forced to protect the Turkish delegation from armed protesters.

I do not give up my right to defend myself, with up to, and including lethal force, if necessary, against anyone, and under any circumstances, but maybe especially foreign goons, period.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    (language warning.... one word at the beginning)

[video=youtube;kwC_IaY3BmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY[/video]

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Need I remind that we have the recent experience of our own active duty military people stationed in Turkey getting repeated pummeled by local Turks, with little to no response from the Turkish authorities?
    Tell me, what did our military men do to deserve that, wearing their uniforms perhaps?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Need I remind that we have the recent experience of our own active duty military people stationed in Turkey getting repeated pummeled by local Turks, with little to no response from the Turkish authorities?
    Tell me, what did our military men do to deserve that, wearing their uniforms perhaps?

Remember the 60 Minutes reporter, Lara Logan, and her harrowing incident in Egypt? She was assaulted by a huge mob of men, sexually assaulted, and very nearly, literally torn apart. In the defense of some in that country, she was finally pulled to safety, and protected by a small group until authorities got there. There seem to be certain countries, made up of certain demographic groups, that are much more prone to attacks and assaults.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Remember the 60 Minutes reporter, Lara Logan, and her harrowing incident in Egypt? She was assaulted by a huge mob of men, sexually assaulted, and very nearly, literally torn apart. In the defense of some in that country, she was finally pulled to safety, and protected by a small group until authorities got there. There seem to be certain countries, made up of certain demographic groups, that are much more prone to attacks and assaults.

I'd mention the New Years incident at Cologne, Germany, but the general population is not supposed to talk about that.

Top Bottom