• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Personally, I welcome them into the fold and hope it increases their appreciation of the 2nd Amendment and its ability to preserve freedom and the safety of their families.

If not, then nothing will ever get through their thick skulls and we can replenish our stocks from what they've dropped as they ran away.

Very true B2G, steer them in the right direction now that they've had their significant emotional experience.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well yes, of course they are buying guns but THEY need them. It's not like they're some kind of gun loving ammosexual perv like the rest of us!:drama:

When the ranges open back up we'll make them one of us.

Dabird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2020
    New Albany
    Couple things on this. I don't think a lot of true Anti-gun people are now buying guns, it's most likely gun neutral people who never cared about gun control because it just wasn't an important issue in their lives. Second, there are already A LOT of liberals and people on the left that own and enjoy firearms . Way more than the media leads you to believe. I'm a new gun owner , purchased before all this happened. I'm also much further left that most people and a lot further left than any mainstream democratic candidate. I know a lot of people on my side of the political spectrum that are very well armed. I'll also add that I don't really care what anyone else's politics are but for me personally I'm not a one issue voter and I sometimes find myself having to vote against one of my own interests in order to support a handful of others that I believe are important. I also believe one of the issues the mainstream Democrats have is there stance on gun control. I don't believe that most left leaning Americans think it's that big of an issue and the Democrats have only hurt themselves by latching on to it . I honestly don't really understand why guns have become such a partisan issue. There are people all over the political map that own and enjoy firearms

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I honestly don't really understand why guns have become such a partisan issue.

I'll agree that I don't understand why. I just know that rabid, unyielding, hysterical, ignorant gun control measures seem to come *overwhelmingly* from Democrat politicians, their voters and the media.

You are quite welcome here as a fellow gun owner, but until Democrat lawmakers reverse their tune, they are Constitutional enemy #1 (or maybe #2 behind the mainstream media).

Dabird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2020
    New Albany
    I'll agree that I don't understand why. I just know that rabid, unyielding, hysterical, ignorant gun control measures seem to come *overwhelmingly* from Democrat politicians, their voters and the media.

You are quite welcome here as a fellow gun owner, but until Democrat lawmakers reverse their tune, they are Constitutional enemy #1 (or maybe #2 behind the mainstream media).
    I'll add that I'm not a registered Democrat and until we have at least one other viable party/choice we're all kinda screwed.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have been asked by some of the salaried folk most of the women with whomI work, how do you buy a gun? They were quite shocked when I told them the whole thing. I try to educate them on proper stance, grip, control of the weapin after firing, what happens during and after a justified shooting etc. It is a hard lump for some of them to swallow (figuratively speaking of course).

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Had a liberal co-worker come up to me last week and say he heard there was a shortage of guns.....I said "not in my house"....I think he wanted to see if i would offer him a gun, because of the recent madness....Not gonna happen...

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Had a liberal co-worker come up to me last week and say he heard there was a shortage of guns.....I said "not in my house"....I think he wanted to see if i would offer him a gun, because of the recent madness....Not gonna happen...

I've heard various friends and family say the same basic thing, "I'll just go over to such and such house, he's got lots of guns. I'll be able to load up all I want, bla, bla, bla..."

I don't argue with friends and family so I just shake my head internally and hope they don't have to find out the truth the hard way, namely, they won't be able to get squat.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I count myself a Dem.
    I'm also life or better NRA, 2AF, JPFO, GAO, state association, etc., and hold a hold bunch of instructor, coach and RO certs. And, yes, I have taught, RO'd, been a volunteer match or shoot worker, etc.
    This liberal isn't buying guns right now. Prices are far from optimum, economy's shaky and now's a better time to put the discretionary income toward a financial cushion. Plus, it's not exactly like my gun safe's empty.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I was at Cabelas in Hammond today. The line to buy guns had about 20 people in it. I thought I heard a store employee say that it was a 5 hour ordeal to get through the process. Probably 60 percent of the line were women in their 30's. I bought some 308 because I was there for something else and needed it. Watched other people browsing the mostly empty ammo shelves and they looked like zombies going from caliber to caliber reading the boxes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I count myself a Dem.
    I'm also life or better NRA, 2AF, JPFO, GAO, state association, etc., and hold a hold bunch of instructor, coach and RO certs. And, yes, I have taught, RO'd, been a volunteer match or shoot worker, etc.
    This liberal isn't buying guns right now. Prices are far from optimum, economy's shaky and now's a better time to put the discretionary income toward a financial cushion. Plus, it's not exactly like my gun safe's empty.

Who can a dem gun owner vote for in 2020? Which dem running is pro 2A?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A lot of people spending money they don't have for something they don't know how to use. Sadly and unfortunately they are more of a danger to themselves than anyone else.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

Ran into that with a guy at work who bought an AR-15. He comes to work the next day telling me how it took a while to figure out how to release the mag, release the bolt, and wondering what that little flip up thingy where the bullets come out was for. Then he asks if I have some shells that he could buy. I told him I'd only sell to him if he would allow me to give him a crash course. He informed me that he was 54 years old and he could figure it out by himself. I told him to figure out where to get ammo.

Top Bottom