• Have you ever been denied a firearm?

• Total voters

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    What kind of delays have you experienced? It seems to take about 90 seconds to 2 minutes to get my NICS checks cleared over the phone.

Do you have some sort of a very common name that could be easily confused with a bad guy?

BTW, do you give your social security number as an (optional) identifier? That might eliminate your problem?
    Ryan mentioned in I think it was his original post that he was waiting on his LTCH. I never tried to purchase a handgun before I had my LTCH. Would that have something to do with his delays?:dunno:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Ryan mentioned in I think it was his original post that he was waiting on his LTCH. I never tried to purchase a handgun before I had my LTCH. Would that have something to do with his delays?:dunno:

Neither Lars nor I had even applied for our LTCHs when we purchased our first couple of handguns. I think he went through the check twice, and me once before we applied for the LTCH (which we received this week). All of our purchases have been instantaneous.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Neither Lars nor I had even applied for our LTCHs when we purchased our first couple of handguns. I think he went through the check twice, and me once before we applied for the LTCH (which we received this week). All of our purchases have been instantaneous.

Same here. My wife and I both made purchases prior to LTCH and never had a problem.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I know both my Dad's and My credit reports have a note on them requiring conformation of our SSN due to similarities in our names.

Karl would know better than I, but the two firearms I've had him transfer for me have both had the "please wait" while they move me from Person 1 to Person 2. Past that it's been smooth sailing.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    another update on what i've found out. My transaction is in limbo. Meaning that I can neither get a refund or my gun back. !!! Not until I complete my appeals process. Here's the kicker. IF for some reason I should lose my appeal (which there's no reason I should), I lose my money AND my gun. I get nothing back. Nada. I give the FFL and the government money and get NOTHING back in return. Wouldn't that fall under "being deprived of life, liberty, and property without due process"? But WHEN i do win my appeal I'm getting that Baby Eagle and when I get my LTCH that baby ain't leavin my side! Of course I'll pump about 500 rounds through it before I start carrying it but that's besides the point. If it's good enough for the Israilei Military it's good enough for me! LOL

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I also found out that Private firearms sales aren't subject to registration and NICS checks. At least in the state of Indiana. This was confirmed at AAC Guns when he talked to the FBI about my case.

With that being said, I have a couple computer and A BUNCH of computer components I would be more than willing to trade for a good firearm if anyone is interested!! :D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Just yesterday I was perusing holsters at a local gun shop when a customer was buying some type of rifle. The shop owner actually called in the NICS check on speakerphone and I could hear it 20 feet away. The lady from the FBI (I guess that's who handles the check) got the information then said she had to transfer the call. At this point the shop owner took the phone off speaker. After a couple of seconds he told the rifle purchaser that the check was on hold status and if he (the shop owner) did not get an answer back within three days he would sell/transfer the gun.

So, it happens to other people as well.

Just wanted to share this info with you.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just curious, but who did you buy the Baby Eagle from? Did you buy it from someone and then have it transferred into your local dealer? If so, then did the person who bought it from have a NO RETURN policy?

Sorry I didn't see your post until now, but.... I bought it from AAC in moorseville. And it's not that I can't return it. It's that when I got denied the government held my money and my Sigma that i was using on trade. So I can't even get my gun back while I'm appealing. Messed up huh?

KimberCarry- I seen that you had won your appeal. How long did it take and how much crap did you go through?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    What were you trading for?

Sorry I didn't see your post until now, but.... I bought it from AAC in moorseville. And it's not that I can't return it. It's that when I got denied the government held my money and my Sigma that i was using on trade. So I can't even get my gun back while I'm appealing. Messed up huh?

KimberCarry- I seen that you had won your appeal. How long did it take and how much crap did you go through?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Was TRYING LOL to trade a SW40VE Sigma for a SC Baby Eagle in 9mm. I went with the SC version becuz it fits my hand perfect. Trigger, safety, decocker, everything is well within reach, the trigger pull is MUCH better than the sigma, and it has the accessory rail if I need it later. Hopefully after I get my appeal taken care of it'll finally be mine. Of course I should have my license by the time I get my appeal taken care of....

Top Bottom