• Have you ever been denied a firearm?

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I thought you were flat broke and couldn't afford any training :dunno:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../4778-what_is_your_threshold-7.html#post59981

Also to be honest (IMHO) you have traded one questionable pistol in the Sigma for another in the Baby Eagle.

I am flat broke. I've been selling things on ebay to pay for my home defense. I also have built a few computers for family and friends to pay for my bills and ammo.

I understand you're concern about the eagle, but I have asked around about it, fired one, read up quite a bit on it and feel it's a great, reliable gun. Especially if the Israilei Military is willing to trust their lives with it. But that is IMHO. I won't really know until after I put a few hundred rounds through it.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I understand you're concern about the eagle, but I have asked around about it, fired one, read up quite a bit on it and feel it's a great, reliable gun. Especially if the Israilei Military is willing to trust their lives with it. But that is IMHO. I won't really know until after I put a few hundred rounds through it.

The Israelis are a tough culture, no doubt. But they have developed all sorts of dumb weapons and tactics over the years that just about nobody else uses but them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    no i wish. The only thing I can think it would be is a misdemeanor(sp?) charge from my past that maybe they didn't update their records on. It's nothing serious and FAR from a barring offense. ****, if an ARMORED CAR company is willing to trust me with MILLIONS of dollars a week, SURELY the federal government is... ok well that's a dumb statement... but COME ON! lol I dunno. It'll get appealed. It's just the WAITING that's killing me. Right now i'm fairly unarmed. I have weapons but no firearms. I'm trying to trade off some computer stuff to get SOMETHING. Preferably something my girl can use once I beat this thing, but even a single shot 22 is better than nothing! LOL

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    What was the misdemeanor?

My name is Josh Smith (as if you haven't guessed) and I include my social security number on the forms to avoid a mix up.

I've never been so much as delayed, though the gun dealer has said that he had to give the social a few times to make sure.

You can be delayed due to misdemeanors. This is why I'm asking; not trying to be nosy.

Josh <><

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well I misread where it said if you had been convicted of ANY misdemeanor including DUI. I thought it said DURING. I was looking at two different questions and got them mixed up. The guy I talked to at the Licensing office said not to worry about it because it will only delay my process and that he had noted the mistake. Had I not called in they may have fined me for lying on the app. YIKES! Good thing I called!!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    SavageEagle:

Doesn't the FBI or whatever owe you a response by now for your background check? I thought they had to give an answer or the dealer could transfer the firearm. I think it has been more than 5 days.

Good luck and keep us posted.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No but they do owe me an explaination to why I was denied. Because I'm no terrorist, I'm not a druggy, I've never beat my wife and kids, and i'm not a felon. So if they can give me good reason why I'm denied then I'm sueing someone for something because I'm not a person that can be barred from owning a firearm. By God just give me an excuse to help everyone's right to bear arms and I'll die a happy man! And maybe I should refrain from posting while I'm sippin gin and juice... LOL

Top Bottom