Explane the point of bad levers when quality ars have buttons on both sides?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    This 300 dollar lower eliminates the safety hazards associated with a bad lever. 1 b.a.d. Induced negligent overhead barrier strike would cover the cost difference, that's best case for an ND.

Not trying to be snobbish, but if you feel the need for a lever you should really consider this safer option, plus it's a sick nasty piece of gear that's always a hit at the BBQ, which is a valid point ;)

PicsArt0524115356.jpg

Not snobbish at all, what triggers are available? two stage???

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I did serve, honorably, volunteering during a time of war. I volunteer, successfully, as a mentor to help vets transition into being successes in the civilian job market. My brother ended up homeless because he failed to re-engage after he got out, my sister is a navy veteran who made the switch. , 3/3 of my generation served.

Again though, military training is not real world for us, it's that world. Real world is where you live now.

I Thank you, and you family for your service.
    I hope your brother got past it, my younger brother lives up high in Colorado mostly by himself still almost 25 years later..
    my youngest sister, my Uncle and his brother my father went Navy. My father UDT frogman as a career, his brother a nuke engineer back in the Franklin Class and that sister got a few air frame certs while she served. Two Uncles Army and Navy and a few of us Marines along with my two sons.
    I still believe its real world, and you made me think about this****** Its still real world depending on what MOS one is serving in or did serve in.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    This is where I've seen nd's

You saw an ND from someone using a BAD lever, or one of the versions that come straight down from the bolt catch, requiring a right handed shooter to come through the trigger guard to activate it?

The BAD lever sticks out the right side of the guard on my rifle. You never have to go inside the trigger guard to activate it. I usually sweep it with my thumb actually.

The other versions that require you to go inside the trigger guard would worry me, but even then, I've never heard of an ND with them (although basically everyone shooting high power is shooting a 2-stage trigger, so that might help).

Not at all saying you didn't see it happen, just curious how.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You saw an ND from someone using a BAD lever, or one of the versions that come straight down from the bolt catch, requiring a right handed shooter to come through the trigger guard to activate it?

The BAD lever sticks out the right side of the guard on my rifle. You never have to go inside the trigger guard to activate it. I usually sweep it with my thumb actually.

The other versions that require you to go inside the trigger guard would worry me, but even then, I've never heard of an ND with them (although basically everyone shooting high power is shooting a 2-stage trigger, so that might help).

Not at all saying you didn't see it happen, just curious how.

Bad lever. Finger slip. It's not an isolated event.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bad lever. Finger slip. It's not an isolated event.

No it isn't. I have seen one as well but it was a new to the AR platform shooter that bought a well appointed AR and 1st time at the line with it. Turns out he had terrible trigger discipline across the board and was asked to leave by the attending RO's.

I have had a slam fire...…:dunno: and it scared the :poop: out of me. Rifle was down and away so no one was hurt. No bad lever on that one and it was a fairly new Colt.

Heck I use a Serpa. And I have BL's on my AR's...….so I am an accident waiting to happen I guess.
    Things happen. Especially when people are involved.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yet nobody ever really bi***ed about the M1 safety...?
    T can’t be worse than my 1908 Remington model 11.

also didn’t know what a bad lever was. Had to look that up. Not sure I need/want one either way. Just seems like more “stuff” and I’m an old ak converted to ar guy. Simple is good

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am both condescending and stuck up!

Had to look up what a BAD lever was yeah that thing wouldn’t make it a week on a service weapon. The amount of abuse they receive is unreal I would say on average most only last two years or so without a overhaul. I dropped a M4 from a second story window once!

What’s that mean IDK a person can set up there AR however you want! I don’t see the value of the BAD thing for me right Index finger releases the mag beer can grip on mag left thumb hits bolt release back in the fight.

You guys understand this is a right hand world and need to adapt to it!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I am both condescending and stuck up!

Had to look up what a BAD lever was yeah that thing wouldn’t make it a week on a service weapon. The amount of abuse they receive is unreal I would say on average most only last two years or so without a overhaul. I dropped a M4 from a second story window once!

What’s that mean IDK a person can set up there AR however you want! I don’t see the value of the BAD thing for me right Index finger releases the mag beer can grip on mag left thumb hits bolt release back in the fight.

Sounds like handism to me lol

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Reminds me of Gunny Hartman: "Mount the rifle around your head, not your head around the rifle."

As a lefty, the very reason I do not own LH rifles. Learned to manipulate cross-bolt. The ability to adapt to any system is at my advantage.

My 6920 is set up with an ambi safety and mag release. I can manipulate everything with my left hand. Doesnt make the right obsolete though. Just an edge.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Reminds me of Gunny Hartman: "Mount the rifle around your head, not your head around the rifle."

As a lefty, the very reason I do not own LH rifles. Learned to manipulate cross-bolt. The ability to adapt to any system is at my advantage.

My 6920 is set up with an ambi safety and mag release. I can manipulate everything with my left hand. Doesnt make the right obsolete though. Just an edge.

I'm a mixed bag. I shoot right handed, right eye dominant, but I throw (and kick) southpaw. Basically, for things requiring strength, I use my left hand/foot. For things requiring precision (shooting, writing, etc.), I use my right. Not sure how much was nature vs. nurture when I was growing up.

As far as left handers go... The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, and vice versa. Therefore, only left handed people are in their right mind. ;)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'm a mixed bag. I shoot right handed, right eye dominant, but I throw (and kick) southpaw. Basically, for things requiring strength, I use my left hand/foot. For things requiring precision (shooting, writing, etc.), I use my right. Not sure how much was nature vs. nurture when I was growing up.

As far as left handers go... The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, and vice versa. Therefore, only left handed people are in their right mind. ;)
    I shoot handguns righty and long rifles/shotguns/bow lefty. Right hand dominant. Was right eye dominant but due to Injury I lost all sight in that eye. Had to learn to go southpaw with longs. I just can't manipulate pistols southpaw.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My brother was a southpaw so teaching him to play a guitar, shoot and box was a real challenge. I used to find myself in a southpaw stance when sparing or a straight up street fight. Did it with out thinking.
    Taught him to play one of my guitars upside down leaving the strings for a regular righty. He had a most unique style of playing and it worked well for him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom