• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My wife carries an LCP and for any of you who have fired one will know the trigger pull is insanely long. From our experience she feels more comfortable with a super long trigger pull as a safety rather than a manual one. I am trying to convert her to a G26.

She prefers to carry with a round in the chamber, anyone think this is a bad idea with an LCP?

I carry an LCP as a backup always with one in the chamber. As long as it's in it's holster, it's as safe as any other.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just curious.... has anyone changed their opinion on whether or not they prefer an external safety, as a result of this thread?

Not grinding axes, or picking nits... just curious.

My preference remains the same. (for whatever that's worth... not much)

:D It just wouldn't be the same without the thumb rest.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    But he took my M9 for "Officer Safety" :rolleyes:
    Maybe he was the only one professional enough to handle an M9... :):

And...

Just curious.... has anyone changed their opinion on whether or not they prefer an external safety, as a result of this thread?

Not grinding axes, or picking nits... just curious.

My preference remains the same. (for whatever that's worth... not much)

Not me, either...

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I simply cannot believe that I haven't yet posted in what appears to be an epic INGO thread!

What gets me is that there is an equal amount of hatred towards guns without external safeties, too. It's usually the guys that say "plastic guns have no soul" or something out preferring would and steel. Everybody loves a winner and will strongly side with THEIR champion and poo-poo whatever else is out there. Glock guys go after the 1911 guys; M&P guys and XDm guys go after the Glock guys; HK guys can't see the other guys over how awesome they are:D

It's Colts vs Patriots; Jeff Gordon vs Earnhardt; Ford vs Chevy I'm just happy I got to post in a thread with epic!:ingo:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    my safety is my finger. If I carry a 1911, yes I use the safety.

i havemt even read past the first page of this thread but isialy in these discussions someone admits to carrying with an empty chamber and they think they are speedy gonzales and will be able to chamber a round just as fast as if they had one to begin with. so if that comes up, let me just go ahead and say: NO YOU CANT and YOU ARE RETARDED if you carry an empty gun. have a nice day

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    my safety is my finger. If I carry a 1911, yes I use the safety.

i havemt even read past the first page of this thread but isialy in these discussions someone admits to carrying with an empty chamber and they think they are speedy gonzales and will be able to chamber a round just as fast as if they had one to begin with. so if that comes up, let me just go ahead and say: NO YOU CANT and YOU ARE RETARDED if you carry an empty gun. have a nice day

And sometimes, these are the same people who will claim that an external safety is too slow to operate, or is something they would forget to do if they had to defend themselves.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    And sometimes, these are the same people who will claim that an external safety is too slow to operate, or is something they would forget to do if they had to defend themselves.
    they probly will forget. how many people do we see shooting an AR-15 (videos posted here even) and they forget to take the safety off and you see them try to squeeze the trigger? And thats in static range conditions, now imagine combat or self defense with a pistol. thank goodness most criminals arent chuck norris

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have no hate for either way. I like my safeties but I'm not going to say a gun without one is unsafe.

That's the OP's point.

There is no widespread "hatred" for guns without safeties.

All of the "hatred" is reserved for guns that have safeties by those that don't think guns should have safeties. It is not even good enough that it is an option and each owner can choose to use them or not.

NOOOO...., A gun with a safety is more dangerous than one without!

:D

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh... so you're saying all these people that are all gungo about their rights are trying to force their opinion down other's throats? Really? How... interesting.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Oh... so you're saying all these people that are all gungo about their rights are trying to force their opinion down other's throats? Really? How... interesting.

I think he was trying to say that it seems that you are a closet proponent of gun rights and your opinions greatly differ from those that refuse to give up their rights or in your words compromise.:dunno:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    2289860438_04d626ceae.jpg

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    are you all still talkin' about this crap........:dunno:

Really, how many times are we gonna recycle the same posts page after page after page after page after page........:cool:

I don't usually do a "what he said post," but ....what he said! :D Can we lay this dead horse to rest and discuss something with a little more substance ...like the various attributes comparing and contrasting open vs concealed carry??? :D

Really, I got your back no matter what you carry. Should any of us need the cover-fire of another, this topic will likely be the last thing on my mind!

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I once asked our nurse at work while distributing flu shots, "If I get the shot will it guarantee I won't get the flu?" She replied, "No." Then I asked, "If I don't get the shot will I get the flu?" To which she replied, "No" Either way has a risk, non is better than the other. JMHO

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    All this hubbub... Wonder how many more pages will come from mentioning the fact that Massad Ayoob even recommends adding aftermarket frame safeties to Glocks (along with New York triggers).

Top Bottom