• Facebook Bans Guns

• Total voters

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They are already people running Facebook complaining about losing the younger people who are getting into other sites. Just what Facebook would need is to alienate a good portion of their remaining clients. A few postings about not supporting Facebook advertisers might get their attention. And if that didn't work and they do ban firearm sites, full boycott of Facebook would be next.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Yeah, their site, their rules, but it's intended to be an avenue of communication. Let's ban gun related pages, but allow MDA to spread ridiculous lies. I would boycott it because it's not right to allow one side to express their views, but not the other.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Gunbook?

"G19 takes selfie."

"G19 posted... 'why wont the 1911 kids stop teasing me about my tupperware mom?'"

"Primer posted....'In the never ending search for my relatives - Brass, Powder, and Bullet - I shall never give up."'

Keltec posted on Hipoints page "YO GURL YU GAVE ME THE RUST...B!/*#*H"

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    While I don't agree with it, I think it's a bit silly that people are on FB posting things under their real name. I lurk https://www.facebook.com/groups/southernIGT/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/southernindianafirearms/ and certainly don't feel comfortable posting in either one. I mean, I have, but it's rare. I'd certainly not want to be a frequent poster. Then you got all the crazies thinking, "Hmm, I bet that Lebowski sure has some guns and valuables at his house..."

Maybe I'm just paranoid. <shrugs>

Also, if this happens expect more trolls/spam on INGO as people try to get their post counts up to sell their Hi Points and Jeminez Arms pistols for $50 over what is brand new at the LGS, and the *******s and bickering that comes with it. ;)

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    This, of course, is typical liberal-elitist double-standard. How would the headlines read if Facebook were considering banning all LGBT pages and ads? The outcry would be heard round the world!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If they did ban all gun themed/related content, there'd be only so many "who'll give me a million likes" pages or new food recipes I'd be able to stand.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I do Facebook. It's a way to stay in communication with a lot of family and friends that I would not otherwise be in touch with. I didn't join Facebook because of guns, and I would not leave Facebook because of guns.

Top Bottom