• Total voters

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't do anything gun related on Facebook because it is too public. Even if you have your page set private, anythime a friend comments on something you post, like the cool gun you bought, their friends can then see what you posted.
    Yep! Too many anti-gun whack jobs that could possibly target us for robbery, Ect. Ingo is my limit for social media. I like it here and it keeps me busy. Being disabled this is my way to stay connected to people and I look forward to waking up to get on ingo everyday.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Leaving Facebook seems to be becoming more and more the trending virtue these days. Some of the friends I mention my having left Facebook to are giving me proverbial rounds of applause. You'd think I had announced my having quit smoking amidst friends who still smoke (no I don't smoke). And those same friends with Facebook still, express some tinge of guilt or shame because they feel the need to "quit" also.

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I do Facebook. It's a way to stay in communication with a lot of family and friends that I would not otherwise be in touch with.

I don't do facebook, just to stay away from a lot of family and "friends" that I would not to be in touch with.

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    I dumped facebook almost 2 yrs. ago. That is the lamest site I've ever been on. Causes trouble among people. I only got on it because of my kids. Finally told them if they want to talk to me, call or send me an email. Really got tired of reading " I picked my nose", "went to the bathroom", "scratched my butt this morning", yadda, yadda..........

Mad Dog

armybrat1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Demotte
    Facebook is outdated and over anyway. Who cares if someone just had coffee or brushed their teeth? I personally don't have one, but I do like Twitter if it is used for social awareness, as in this case, a clear violation of everyone's 2A Rights. I just posted the FB article on my Twitter. The destruction of our Constitutional Rights starts out slow, but we have to be a step ahead, or else it will build and succeed. Boycott those that want to strip away our Constitutional Rights. Let's not support them, financially or otherwise.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm only on facebook to stay in touch with those I have served with as some are still in or spread across the country. Could care less really if they ban guns. The only thing would be that you'd hear more trash pumped out of these anti gun groups.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Facebook is what you make it. As long as you control the kinds of posts you see, and more importantly control the people you're friends with you can see exactly what you want. My personal rule, for example, is that I'm not friends with anybody I don't know in person. That alone nixes 90% of the bullcrap.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    It's not going to happen.... we're just a bunch of gun owners chasing rabbits down holes as we usually do when it's a slow news week.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Somehow I doubt that Google+ will tolerate anything to do with guns much longer either considering you can't use their shopping search for anything weapon related. Corporate attempts at controlling the population are nothing new.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I use facebook to keep in touch with old friends from high school. I went to a boarding school and my classmates are spread all over the planet.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    They are doing it for publicity and nothing more, it will never happen. If they do, you will see a massive influx of members move to Google+
    I would remind you that even the mighty Google bowed down to lefty B.S. politics and disabled searching for guns in the shopping page. It used to be the best quick comparison of new gun prices anywhere. This was maybe 2 yrs ago (approx.)

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I got off facebook almost 3 years ago. No desire to be back on it quite frankly. Too much drama and I don't want to know everything someone is doing all the time.

1Walter1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    Mooresville, In.
    Facebook is nice for staying in touch with family and friends who are not local to me. Whether they have gun related or not is of no matter . Have places like this to discuss gun related info. Just another scare tatic if you ask me.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    So Mommies Demand Action and Morons Against Illegal Guns wants to ban all gun-related content on FB because a few people used it as an outlet to buy, sell, and trade. I'm sure if they get their way, groups such as the NRA and others that expend considerable effort to encourage safe and proper handling of firearms will be included as well. Yeah, makes sense.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, it's their business they can ban what they want, just means fewer subscribers and less revenue.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So Mommies Demand Action and Morons Against Illegal Guns wants to ban all gun-related content on FB because a few people used it as an outlet to buy, sell, and trade. I'm sure if they get their way, groups such as the NRA and others that expend considerable effort to encourage safe and proper handling of firearms will be included as well. Yeah, makes sense.
    They want to ban gun related content on FB because their propaganda isn't working. Most Facebook debates on guns tend to lean our way. They're switching tactics now and trying to censor to promote ignorance.

Top Bottom