Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Got this third hand from another forum, it’s from Ron’s Facebook page he’s a professor in beef management at Purdue

In the Fair Oaks case, rules were in place, training was done, but the employee with a camera, who knew there was violations, chose not to tell a supervisor. If animal well being was the camera person's agenda, why was animal abuse not called to the supervisor's attention immediately? Why the delay in reporting? Did the camera person have another agenda that did not involve animal well being, but rather an agenda that could be used to make consumers believe that animal abuse is a way of doing business, and that animal protein should be eliminated from the diet. The camera person saw something and did nothing to correct it (over a 2.5 year time frame). Let me be perfectly clear, I do not, and will not condone animal abuse. It should never happen, but if some bully does it, the people seeing it have an obligation to get it corrected immediately. Period. Interesting that that is what Fair Oaks management did when it was reported - people were fired and criminal proceedings were initiated for those violating the training and company rules long before the ARM news release and expose.The camera person violated the employee training and rules by not reporting the bully activity immediately to minimize animal abuse, stress and suffering.
    written by Ron Lemenager

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Police departments are the same way with a lot of things. Bad cops are told to resign or they'll be fired. They will, of course, resign and then get hired by another PD. I see this all the time.

So do they move "down the ladder" or "up the ladder" when they go to their new PDs? Wouldn't their new potential employers question why they resigned? Or ask for references from previous employers?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So do they move "down the ladder" or "up the ladder" when they go to their new PDs? Wouldn't their new potential employers question why they resigned? Or ask for references from previous employers?

Unfortunately, most previous employers will only verify dates of employment and not give actual references anymore. Doctors are told to resign to avoid being reported to the National Practitioners Database. Doctors applying for privileges at a hospital who have negative info turn up are often told they can either withdraw their application or risk being reported if the hospital has to deny their application. Firing a doctor or denying their application for privileges are both reportable offenses. In the several years that I was involved in that field, I saw it happen several times. I don't remember reporting one doctor in the time I was there, but there were several who should have been. They simply resigned or withdrew their application and moved along to another facility.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    At most, even with a video, it’s a low level misdemeanor.

If they're activists (and even if they aren't) and they commit misdemeanors and/or damage other people's property or commit animal cruelty, I want it on their records, permanently. If for no other reason, than to have a record in the event of future abuse they may be involved in.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Just ordered 6 8oz blocks of cheese, 3 of them are 'award winners'. Shipping is flat rate 15 bucks. I am looking forward to this. I LOVE cheese. Should have been born in Wiscahhhnsin.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    went to Aldi's over the weekend and all they had was skim milk. I was pi**ed. I got a gallon and next time I go back they better have whole milk.

that's what I care about. not undercover animal rights horse****.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Over breakfast yesterday heard that there have been death threats against delivery people...

Edward Bernays would be laughing and saying "Told you so; read my book."
    Some elected representative has got to try to ride this. It's just too tempting.

Top Bottom