• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    We have been lucky so far, my son's body doesn't do peanuts. He took one bit of a reese's pieces & then spit it out(for some reason he thought it was a skittle's). In about 5 minutes his throat was itchy his lips swelled up like he had an orange peel in his mouth. He also ate a sandwich cookie, I thought vanilla( he say's taste's like peanut butter). No it is vanilla, sure enough package was peanut butter. any way both instances gave him a benadryl, 2 hour nap & some bucket filling involved & all better.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I think the biggest problem this country has is in the way food is prepped & grown. If it is liquid it has to be pastuerized( killing all beneficial organism's also).

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I know one young lady, the daughter of an INGO member actually, who is allergic to gluten and has been all her life. I know waaaaaYYYY too many people who have 'developed' an intolerance. In every case, I have suggested they try using non-commercially grown and processed grains (organic if you will) and viola, in most cases, the intolerance fades quickly.
    I'm a firm believer that the sudden onset of such intolerances has been brought on mainly due to the hybridization and genetic engineering of seeds and use of ever stronger pesticides.

I can agree to this. I know of several people including myself that were told have allergies or intolerant to things. I was told I was lactose intolerant since I was a child, went to goats milk, still had the problem, but kept drinking milk because I love it. Then a few years ago I switched to organic grass fed milk that was non homogenized and lightly pasteurized (local), the problem faded after a few months, but still at times showed up. It wasn't until I had switched to local organic raw grass fed dairy that the problem went away completely. One of my mom's friends has a son that was told is allergic to tomatoes, potatoes, corn, wheat and, soy. His parents switched his diet to organic or naturally grown food, a mix of local and store bought, and the kid only has his "Allergy" when he eats more conventional food; i.e. fast food, heavily processed food, or un organic items from the store.

The next generation will not be as healthy as this generation. Children are getting sicker, not healthier. Autism has gone from 1 in 2500 to less than 1 in 80. That took about 28 years. 80% of the corn in this country is GMO. Soy will destroy your immune system and aspartame will do the same. You can thank Monsanto for all three. INGO's VN Vet posted a video of Ronald Reagan explaining how healthcare will be used to control us. Ronald Reagan knew it 50 years ago and so did the "bad guys" he was warning us about. Only sick people care about healthcare so it makes sense that the "bad guys" would figure out a way to make us sick. Think about when this started. "They" told us coconut oil was very bad for us so we were supposed to use the new oils, well, now those oils are bad for us, but the damage is done. Aspartame was approved, check out the link. "They" cannot usually change the way we think without a crisis. Most American families have someone in their family with health problems. "They" have created the crisis and they won't let it go to waste. I don't remember anyone that had a chronic illness or allergies when I was a kid. 50 years later it seems like there are more sick people than healthy. People that are healthy and have jobs will not look to the government for help; They fixed that.

The "bad guys" start early to guarantee success. Baby formulas and baby cereals contain unhealthy ingredients. Do the ingredients in the baby food label look like something a baby should eat? This stuff is almost the same as milk replacement given to calves. Those calves are sickly and require antibiotics to stay alive. Most of them would get pneumonia if not pumped up with antibiotics. It is worse now than years ago because the dairy feeds the mothers soy and hormones (BST) to keep their milk production high. Dairy cows are "burned out" in five years instead of the 12 to 15 years healthy cows, on grass, can produce. Then they feed the cows to our kids on the Federal Lunch Program.

Westonaprice.org has a lot of good information on why soy is so bad
    Soy Alert! - Weston A Price Foundation

Soy in baby formulas
    Group: Few Reasons to Use Soy Formula

Realmilk.com has a lot of good information on why raw milk is so good
    Home: THE FACTS ABOUT REAL RAW MILK | A Campaign for Real MilkA Campaign for Real Milk | A Project of the Weston A. Price Foundation

Aspartame Timeline:
    How Aspartame Became Legal - The Timeline

Ronald Reagan warned us about how healthcare would be "sold" to us.
    Reagan Warned Us About Obamacare » Eagle Rising

For all you hamsters on Statin Drugs
    Consumer Alert: 300+ Health Problems Linked To Statin Drugs

Good post! I love my raw milk! Also on the baby formula thing; mothers breast milk increases babies production of gray matter in the brain, just like good fats and oils do. Baby formula is devoid of these fats, loaded with all kinds soy ingredients, artificial flavorings, and gm ingredients. Soy is an estrogen mimicker and it's in 98% of processed food out there, hormonal imbalances anyone?

Back on topic; gluten intolerance/sensitivity/ allergies do exist, not in near as many people that claim it though. The ones that do, generally don't advertise, whine, or make it a big deal. They are generally very pro-active people and seek research and information; opposed to flaunting it around like it's a special gift. Like most people with allergies/intolerances.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    As above posters have said, I think that our food changed more than our bodies.

The History of How Wheat Became Toxic | Maninis Gluten Free

We have transformed our wheat into a form that is packed with gluten, and we have begun to mechanically process it in a way that changes its chemistry substantially.

Then we started eating it in bulk. If you really watch ingredient lists, wheat is almost always in there somewhere. I'm not sure that our bodies were ever designed to ingest as much wheat as we do, especially in this form.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As above posters have said, I think that our food changed more than our bodies.

The History of How Wheat Became Toxic | Maninis Gluten Free

We have transformed our wheat into a form that is packed with gluten, and we have begun to mechanically process it in a way that changes its chemistry substantially.

Then we started eating it in bulk. If you really watch ingredient lists, wheat is almost always in there somewhere. I'm not sure that our bodies were ever designed to ingest as much wheat as we do, especially in this form.

It seems to be a filler not unlike corn husks and cob's

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Celiac disease is horrible an ex GF has it and suffers bad she is unable to even handle anything with wheat gluten in it.

manygunsmike

My 14 year old son was diagnosed with Celiac disease about 7 years ago. We had been fighting his stomach pain and throwing up his whole life. He's a different kid now. Feels good and going strong. I know "gluten free" is also a fad diet, but a LOT of people are being diagnosed with it due to some better tests and being more informed. It is a big heath problem (Celiac) if not 100% gluten free. Ten bread crumbs is enough to set him off. Will have stomach ache and diarrhea for a few day over that little exposure. It is a blessing to see all the new food and restaurants coming on board. It's definitely not retarded. Retarded is commenting on something you know nothing about. (Last comment not directed towards Manygunsmike)

Last edited:

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    This **** drove me crazy in the restaurant, people demanding their food be prepped in a separate area and handled like hazmat because it "can't touch anything that could have ever possibly come in contact with wheat". If it's really that severe and a crumb of bread will kill you, stay the **** at home and cook your own food. If it's not, knock off the drama and just admit you're trying Atkins even though it's not fashionable anymore... Douchebags.

Try telling a kid he can't go out to eat. Hope you never have to deal with anything like this. It's real. It's not fun. It's life for us. It we are ever at the same restaurant, please keep you comments to yourself. Won't be pretty otherwise.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Try telling a kid he can't go out to eat. Hope you never have to deal with anything like this. It's real. It's not fun. It's life for us. It we are ever at the same restaurant, please keep you comments to yourself. Won't be pretty otherwise.

My 7 year old G-daughter has deep allergic issues and glutton is one of them. Eggs, gluten, nuts and grass are the top 4 on the list. We nearly killed her as a baby not understanding the issues at hand. Now when we go to the restaurants we now what she can have and she knows as well.

Yes, we too have seen the dramatic acts from those who push this just like smoking etc. I agree, cook at home if it is this bad.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    My 7 year old G-daughter has deep allergic issues and glutton is one of them. Eggs, gluten, nuts and grass are the top 4 on the list. We nearly killed her as a baby not understanding the issues at hand. Now when we go to the restaurants we now what she can have and she knows as well.

Yes, we too have seen the dramatic acts from those who push this just like smoking etc. I agree, cook at home if it is this bad.

The food you buy at the groceries is just as bad. Over processed, all the good enzymes killed off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The food you buy at the groceries is just as bad. Over processed, all the good enzymes killed off.

We are as careful as possible when buying for her. We have found many things she can eat without issue after careful research.

I feel the over processing of our food is the reason for a lot of the new problems we are seeing.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    We are as careful as possible when buying for her. We have found many things she can eat without issue after careful research.

I feel the over processing of our food is the reason for a lot of the new problems we are seeing.

My Son took allergy shots and shortly there after he can eat anything but peanuts/products.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There are true, diagnosed food allergies...

...then there are the many spokes on the "depression" wheel.

Many, many things are truly related to depression that people believe are primary physical ailmants.

In addition to the aforementioned allergies, there's "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", "Multiple Chemical Sensitivity", "Fibromyalgia", half the things called "Autoimmune Disorders", and on and on.

...and lets note forget all the supposed additives, preservatives and whatever that cause little Johnny and Janie to have so much trouble obeying their teachers.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

Many, many things are truly related to depression that people believe are primary physical ailmants.

In addition to the aforementioned allergies, there's "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", "Multiple Chemical Sensitivity", "Fibromyalgia", half the things called "Autoimmune Disorders", and on and on.

...and lets note forget all the supposed additives, preservatives and whatever that cause little Johnny and Janie to have so much trouble obeying their teachers.

Don't forget the mercury/derivatives binders used in childhood vaccinations. :dunno:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Some theorize that depression is a result of these conditions, and not the other way around.

The stress from fibromyalgia's pain and fatigue can cause anxiety and social isolation. The chronic deep muscle and tender point pain can result in less activity. That causes you to become more withdrawn and can also lead to depression. It is also possible that anxiety and depression are part of fibromyalgia, just like the pain.

Seems legit.

A study by the United Kingdom’s Food Standards Agency in 2007 showed that the consumption of foods containing dyes could increase hyperactive behavior in children. In the study of 3-, 8- and 9-year-olds, children were given three different types of beverages to drink. Then their behavior was evaluated by teachers and parents.One of the drink mixtures contained artificial food colorings, including:

• Sunset yellow (E110)
    • Carmoisine (E122)
    • Tartrazine (E102)
    • Ponceau 4R (E124)
    It also contained the preservative sodium benzoate. The second drink mixture included:

• Quinoline yellow (E104)
    • Allura red (E129)
    • Sunset yellow
    • Carmoisine

It also had sodium benzoate. The third drink mixture was a placebo and contained no additives.
    The researchers found that hyperactive behavior by the 8- and 9-year-olds increased with both the mixtures containing artificial coloring additives. The hyperactive behavior of 3-year-olds increased with the first beverage but not necessarily with the second. They concluded that the results show an adverse effect on behavior after consumption of the food dyes.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Do adults suddenly develop food allergies...

I don't know why I remembered this thread, but I thought of it yesterday when I sitting in an urgent care trying to talk the doc out of sticking me with and epi-pen.:laugh:

I have always battled seasonal allergies, but never anything food related. And the seasonal stuff has damn near went away in my 40s.

Anyways, I like almonds. A lot. So I eat a big bag of them weekly. Blue Diamond, oven roasted, with sea salt.

A couple weeks ago, I ate a handful and felt like something was stuck in my throat. No big deal. Had a bit of a cold, just thought that was it.

A couple days ago, ate some and later the palms of hands itched. Weird. But never made the connection.

Yesterday, ate another handful. Again, itchy palms. I thought, damn, is it the almonds? A few minutes later, my stomach itched. I pulled out my shirt tail and had a red rash and bumps all over. I keep some various pills handy in my desk, so I busted out a Benadryl.

At this point, that feeling of something stuck in my throat was back. I went to talk to one of the other guys in the office, and found my voice was almost gone.

It had been 20 minutes since taking the Benadryl, and things were only getting worse. The back of neck was all broke out and my lower lip was swelling.

I decided to beat a trail for urgent care down the street. When I walked in, the lady told me to sign in on this little tablet computer. I was shaking so bad, I couldn't hit the buttons. She asked what was wrong. I manged to say, allergic reaction. She called the nurse and took me back right away.

I could still breathe fine, so I wasn't too worried. The nurse seemed concerned and got the Doogie Howser lookin doc right away. The rash and redness was spreading by the second. You could watch the hives pop up one by one. Doogie wanted to stab me with an epi pen. I pointed out my blood pressure was 190/115 and pulse was 130, a shot that amounts to adrenaline might not be a good fit. He said, no biggie, they'd call an ambulance and I'd be at hospital in like 5 minutes. I preferred to not go that route, and since I could still breathe fine, Doogie agreed a steroid shot would do the job, just slower. So the nurse produced what looked like a syringe the vet would use on a horse and told me to drop 'em.

It didn't happen fast, but over the next couple hours, I got better. Did have a little trouble when my BP went way down, like 60/40. But I managed to stay upright and they finally cut me loose.

Here's one arm at it's worst...

urHFn3ll.jpg

The rash was ALL over, but didn't really itch. But the palms or hands and bottoms of feet were bright red and itched worse than anything I've ever felt.

Guess my almond snacking days are over.:(

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Apparently you've eaten all the almonds you're allowed.

Kind of like me and beer with that damned silly ass disease. No gluten for you! And this stuff does sneak up on you as you get older. It probably doesn't help that everybody is cooking Enhanced Wheat Gluten into their bakery products either.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know why I remembered this thread, but I thought of it yesterday when I sitting in an urgent care trying to talk the doc out of sticking me with and epi-pen.:laugh:

I have always battled seasonal allergies, but never anything food related. And the seasonal stuff has damn near went away in my 40s.

Anyways, I like almonds. A lot. So I eat a big bag of them weekly. Blue Diamond, oven roasted, with sea salt.

A couple weeks ago, I ate a handful and felt like something was stuck in my throat. No big deal. Had a bit of a cold, just thought that was it.

A couple days ago, ate some and later the palms of hands itched. Weird. But never made the connection.

Yesterday, ate another handful. Again, itchy palms. I thought, damn, is it the almonds? A few minutes later, my stomach itched. I pulled out my shirt tail and had a red rash and bumps all over. I keep some various pills handy in my desk, so I busted out a Benadryl.

At this point, that feeling of something stuck in my throat was back. I went to talk to one of the other guys in the office, and found my voice was almost gone.

It had been 20 minutes since taking the Benadryl, and things were only getting worse. The back of neck was all broke out and my lower lip was swelling.

I decided to beat a trail for urgent care down the street. When I walked in, the lady told me to sign in on this little tablet computer. I was shaking so bad, I couldn't hit the buttons. She asked what was wrong. I manged to say, allergic reaction. She called the nurse and took me back right away.

I could still breathe fine, so I wasn't too worried. The nurse seemed concerned and got the Doogie Howser lookin doc right away. The rash and redness was spreading by the second. You could watch the hives pop up one by one. Doogie wanted to stab me with an epi pen. I pointed out my blood pressure was 190/115 and pulse was 130, a shot that amounts to adrenaline might not be a good fit. He said, no biggie, they'd call an ambulance and I'd be at hospital in like 5 minutes. I preferred to not go that route, and since I could still breathe fine, Doogie agreed a steroid shot would do the job, just slower. So the nurse produced what looked like a syringe the vet would use on a horse and told me to drop 'em.

It didn't happen fast, but over the next couple hours, I got better. Did have a little trouble when my BP went way down, like 60/40. But I managed to stay upright and they finally cut me loose.

Here's one arm at it's worst...

urHFn3ll.jpg

The rash was ALL over, but didn't really itch. But the palms or hands and bottoms of feet were bright red and itched worse than anything I've ever felt.

Guess my almond snacking days are over.:(

What a dedicated faker. Even managed to get your skin all mottled and bumpy...man, what people won't do for some attention. ;)

So are you now allergic to all tree nuts? IIRC from my EMT days nut allergies are one of the most dangerous food allergies, along with shellfish.

Top Bottom