• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    These snowflakes with their "made up" allergies make me nuts! They go to restaurants and give the waitstaff a hard time and demand their food is prepared their way. If I were the chef I would tell these d'bags to take a hike and get out of the restaurant! Gluten free? Just another excuse to drive "normal" people nuts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I might have celiac disease (gluten allergy).
    Waiting to see the doc for the blood test results.
    I unfortunately fit many of the signs, and have for years.
    Just didn't know it till I went to the hospital and they started sampling my blood.
    Iron, vitamin B-12, and folic acid are LOW.
    Coupled with joint pain, headaches, tiredness, etc.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So are you now allergic to all tree nuts? IIRC from my EMT days nut allergies are one of the most dangerous food allergies, along with shellfish.

I'm going to avoid ALL tree nuts for awhile. But I can't imagine life without pecan pie. It's the only desert I ever eat.

I had allergy testing done years ago. Nuts were one of the few things I wasn't allergic to.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Well, I might have celiac disease (gluten allergy).
    Waiting to see the doc for the blood test results.
    I unfortunately fit many of the signs, and have for years.
    Just didn't know it till I went to the hospital and they started sampling my blood.
    Iron, vitamin B-12, and folic acid are LOW.
    Coupled with joint pain, headaches, tiredness, etc.

While all this sucks think about how much better you might feel once you figure out what the actual problem is.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    While all this sucks think about how much better you might feel once you figure out what the actual problem is.

I have mixed emotions on it.
    Knowing what it is means I can take corrective actions.
    But, the diet would suck, and people thinking I'm doing it to be "fashionable", which is a laugh for anyone that knows me.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    These snowflakes with their "made up" allergies make me nuts! They go to restaurants and give the waitstaff a hard time and demand their food is prepared their way. If I were the chef I would tell these d'bags to take a hike and get out of the restaurant! Gluten free? Just another excuse to drive "normal" people nuts.

Yeah, same guy who said I drank more than my worldly allotment of beer said that in the past this would have sorted itself out because no one knew what was wrong so all the freaks would die out and not bother us.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have mixed emotions on it.
    Knowing what it is means I can take corrective actions.
    But, the diet would suck, and people thinking I'm doing it to be "fashionable", which is a laugh for anyone that knows me.

Eating out is the only real pain, and deciding if the wait staff even knows what you're talking about. If there's a question just move on. There are plenty of GF options available now, fixing it at home isn't that big of a deal...after you get used to the fact that you can't eat all that specific stuff you grew up loving. If you do your own cooking it's even less of an issue.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Eating out is the only real pain, and deciding if the wait staff even knows what you're talking about. If there's a question just move on. There are plenty of GF options available now, fixing it at home isn't that big of a deal...after you get used to the fact that you can't eat all that specific stuff you grew up loving. If you do your own cooking it's even less of an issue.

Cooking can sometimes be problematic if I work 3 double shifts in a row.
    I guess, I can go back to have my Mom cook me some, she'd love to. But, I wouldn't be happy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, at least you have all that overtime pay to find a decent place to eat...;)

Maybe since my boss is being caught by the short hairs trying to fill 21 shifts per week with only 3 people (one of which has medical limit of ZERO overtime), he'll finally get around to figuring out things aren't working out.
    Every time I get a new boss, they have to ignore my warnings.
    Last time I was off 3 months because they ignored the warning about my back.
    Now it's the next boss.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have known many people who quit because they couldn't take training the 'next boss'. In point of fact I've turned down jobs from people doing just that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have known many people who quit because they couldn't take training the 'next boss'. In point of fact I've turned down jobs from people doing just that.

I can mostly deal with "my" boss, the "electrical" boss.
    He tries. And he's starting to realize I'm not joking about parts. Esp now that he had a salesman come in for our Public Address system, and the guy told him, he's got nothing. He has compatible units, but we'd have to change the each individual amplifier unit. Nothing he has is compatible with the parts we have.

But... the "mechanical" boss, who is still "kinda" my boss, well, I'd rather not go to much into that guy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Trust me, I wish I didn't have this "fashionable" gluten allergy called Celiac disease.

Actaeon ... if you end up being diagnosed with Celiac disease, all you have to do is go back through this thread to see the ignorance and get a feel for how you will be viewed by uninformed people.

The plus side is that with a proper diagnosis and strict (on your part) management, your symptoms should get better.

I hope so. The mill isn't going to take me back with vertigo.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    No doubt some folks make this crap up.
    Not all do.

Middle kid grew out of most food allergies.
    Youngest still struggling.

She'd like to eat "normal" food without feeling/getting sick for the rest of the day.

Did read where gluten issues might be mis-attributed, actually caused by lectins?

Top Bottom