• IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    This deserves a REP!

Got him for you!

Chef must have me on ignore... he has yet to respond or acknowledge my posts/responses to him.

Really? There are a lot of days that I only eat about 500 calories, probably less.

Holy crap 500 calories or less? That's insane.

I've been hovering between 1200-1800 with 30-45 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week and I'm back down under 225 (From 245 ish about 6 weeks ago). My weight gain was me just saying "I'm too busy to eat well and exercise". That was a sad excuse and not accurate, the truth was I wasn't making time to eat well and exercise, I was too busy being lazy since I felt like my 12-14 hours a day of working entitled me to be lazy when I did get an hour or two to myself.....

That was the wrong attitude to have and I'm amazed at how much spare time I really have to include cooking and exercising in my daily routine.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Fair enough. If you were going to use the same model as the OP, I'm sure it would read something like this:

At work this afternoon I was sitting in my office when the guy that delivers inter-office mail stopped by my office. He wanted to sit and complain to me about how terrible his job was, how little he was getting paid, and how he was in debt up to his ears after recently buying a new Camaro. When I asked if he considered going back to school he went on some rant abut how stupid college is, and how a degree means nothing in this economy.

Really?

REALLY?

And then at this point I could come in and tell you that I'm offended because I myself didn't graduate college, and that you must hate me because you make more money than me. I would totally ignore the fact that there's a good chance that you have indeed worked harder than I have to get where you are, and that if I had put forth the effort, I could've finished college too.

Or I could just look at it like we've both made decisions to get where we are in life, and that I'm glad if your decisions have brought you happiness. I wouldn't take your rant as an attack on me personally, because I realize that this is the internet and that you and I don't know everything about each other or our situations.

Evan, you are correct. I must apologize for the fact that I am touchy about the weight issue. I am touchy about it because it is not me and I am unhappy about it but at the same time I dont know what to do about it. I have been struggling for over a year trying to get medical treatment that I desperately need. I even moved to Marion County so I could get on wishard advantage only to learn that none of the clinics are accepting new patients. That I will have to wait till January to just get in for an initial consultation. Meanwhile I am in school going to collage finishing what I started 20 years ago. My grades are excellent I will have my degree in late 2012. If I am going to make use of that degree I need to be able to walk and stand and be mobile.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I think some folks are missing the point of the OP and taking it as a personal attack, rather than a general observation.

Or maybe VUPDblue really does hate fat people. :laugh: I doubt that though, because he used to be fat himself.

it only appears to be an epic fail.

VUPDblue's (much lesser known) Rule #2: Don't be a fatty.

see how it comes together now? :):

Maybe, in "the World According to VUPDblue," he sees being fat as a character defect, since he was fat. Therefore, fat people have character defects which for whatever reason, have yet to be addressed; leading to lesser known Rule #2.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    :rolleyes: wow.

Let's all calm down and have a doughnut, cake, ice cream, cookie....
    Just a typical fat man's meal :D

If you're fat and happy, more power to you.

If you're fat and miserable, eat well and exercise and stop making excuses.

PM sent

And I can talk because I know more about diet and exercise than about guns.

Private message sent...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Evan, you are correct. I must apologize for the fact that I am touchy about the weight issue. I am touchy about it because it is not me and I am unhappy about it but at the same time I dont know what to do about it.

Jay I too have dealt with excess weight so I have a general sense of where you are coming from. I'm sure our circumstances are different, but I do know what its like to be unhappy with myself. Your above post is extremely honest, and that takes guts.

My point was that you shouldn't take VUPDblue's post, or any of the replies, as personal attacks on yourself or your weight. I know it wasn't intended that way.

I don't personally have answers for your particular situation-- wish I did. I do wish you the best luck for whatever path you decide to take. Props for keeping your mind sharp during a time when your body isn't. If you ever wanted to start a separate thread and ask the vast INGO membership for some help with your situation, I'm sure people would be willing and able to help.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    No i dont have you on iggy and to be truly honest if I can somehow here hook up with guys that wanna help me to get back where i need to be i am all about it. I have almost 2 months before school starts back up...

Got him for you!

Chef must have me on ignore... he has yet to respond or acknowledge my posts/responses to him.

I've been hovering between 1200-1800 with 30-45 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week and I'm back down under 225 (From 245 ish about 6 weeks ago). My weight gain was me just saying "I'm too busy to eat well and exercise". That was a sad excuse and not accurate, the truth was I wasn't making time to eat well and exercise, I was too busy being lazy since I felt like my 12-14 hours a day of working entitled me to be lazy when I did get an hour or two to myself.....

That was the wrong attitude to have and I'm amazed at how much spare time I really have to include cooking and exercising in my daily routine.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm not taking any of this personally.

It's not like I don't know I've got on some extra pounds.

I just think it is IRONIC that threads like this see the light of day from a MODERATOR when we are told to be nice (which is a good thing).

AND, when you have the statement that "#1 Rule Don't be a jerk" in your signature, you should, well, not be a jerk. Make sense?

I really don't care about the whole fat issue. Really. That's not my point.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just think it is IRONIC that threads like this see the light of day from a MODERATOR when we are told to be nice (which is a good thing).

AND, when you have the statement that "#1 Rule Don't be a jerk" in your signature, you should, well, not be a jerk. Make sense?

Being a jerk would've been if VUPDblue had walked up to the dude and told him how fat he was, how lazy he was, and how stupid he was. But he didn't.

I don't see his coming here to INGO and sharing a story about his day in the Break Room as particularly jerk-y. Regular members do that all the time.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    No i dont have you on iggy and to be truly honest if I can somehow here hook up with guys that wanna help me to get back where i need to be i am all about it. I have almost 2 months before school starts back up...

Well, I'd suggest contacting your medical provider and see if you can get some help or if they have programs you can attend that will hook you up with a physical therapist / trainer.

You've got a specific medical condition that inhibits what most of us would refer to as a "normal exercise regimen" so researching creative exercise solutions online would be priority 1 for me if I were in your predicament considering you've already alluded to the fact that your diet is a healthy 1500 calories per day.

Where are you in school? Most Universities have programs that you can join. Specifically the "Sports Medicine" type programs. I knew someone in college who's year long project was the physical rehab of a car accident victim.

Best of luck, you've probably got a long hard road ahead. Just remember, giving up is irreversible beyond a certain point in your situation.......

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Jay I too have dealt with excess weight so I have a general sense of where you are coming from. I'm sure our circumstances are different, but I do know what its like to be unhappy with myself. Your above post is extremely honest, and that takes guts.

My point was that you shouldn't take VUPDblue's post, or any of the replies, as personal attacks on yourself or your weight. I know it wasn't intended that way.

I don't personally have answers for your particular situation-- wish I did. I do wish you the best luck for whatever path you decide to take. Props for keeping your mind sharp during a time when your body isn't. If you ever wanted to start a separate thread and ask the vast INGO membership for some help with your situation, I'm sure people would be willing and able to help.

Evan, I have met you and your family. You are all really, really good people. Reasonable caring and thoughtful to a fault. Your family reminds me of mine before pop died, I dont know why but for some reason everything changed after pop died. I respect your thoughts and opinion more than most. One of the biggest things is I have no people here, and because of my current limitations its really hard to get with people. One of the reasons being, and I may be wrong but the kind of overtones from the original OP. I didn't gain weight back on purpose. I didn't on purpose get varicose vein disease nor did I purposely hurt my back. Those are all symptoms from me thinking exactly the same way and feeling the same things as the folks that posted here have said including the OP. I was exactly the same I said the same **** and thought the same things. Then it happened to me and i still refused to admit it, I was still immortal and bullet proof. Then one day i was humbled when I had to use the electric cart at the grocery store because I couldn't walk. Ya know what I did I carried a crutch with me because I was so hurt and upset worried about how people were looking at me, I thought maybe if they saw the crutch they would think I had a sprained ankle or something and not just look at me like some fat bastard that let himself go. I miss everything I used to do. I miss walking in the woods or down a creek. I miss hunting geodes and morels. I miss fishing and hunting and going to the range without needing one of my kids with me to pick up my spent brass. I miss my whole life. I did not just give it up yet it seemed like it happened over night. One day I was immortal and bullet proof the next day I was not.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Evan, I have met you and your family. You are all really, really good people. Reasonable caring and thoughtful to a fault. Your family reminds me of mine before pop died, I dont know why but for some reason everything changed after pop died. I respect your thoughts and opinion more than most. One of the biggest things is I have no people here, and because of my current limitations its really hard to get with people. One of the reasons being, and I may be wrong but the kind of overtones from the original OP. I didn't gain weight back on purpose. I didn't on purpose get varicose vein disease nor did I purposely hurt my back. Those are all symptoms from me thinking exactly the same way and feeling the same things as the folks that posted here have said including the OP. I was exactly the same I said the same **** and thought the same things. Then it happened to me and i still refused to admit it, I was still immortal and bullet proof. Then one day i was humbled when I had to use the electric cart at the grocery store because I couldn't walk. Ya know what I did I carried a crutch with me because I was so hurt and upset worried about how people were looking at me, I thought maybe if they saw the crutch they would think I had a sprained ankle or something and not just look at me like some fat bastard that let himself go. I miss everything I used to do. I miss walking in the woods or down a creek. I miss hunting geodes and morels. I miss fishing and hunting and going to the range without needing one of my kids with me to pick up my spent brass. I miss my whole life. I did not just give it up yet it seemed like it happened over night. One day I was immortal and bullet proof the next day I was not.

One other thing the signature line on my posts was put there by someone other than myself I would appreciate it if that could be removed...I am no longer a paid site supporter so It seems i cant change it myself..

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Got him for you!

I skip breakfast so I can get to work early. I pack up a turkey and ham sandwich on 45 cal bread, no cheese, no mayo. I have a banana and maybe an apple to go with that. I drink black coffee from about 7AM to 11AM to get me going. I work until about 4 go home, take care of the kiddos and clean house until about 8. The wife gets home around then and we spend a couple hours together before bed. I get about 7 hours of sleep and then I'm at it again.

I make up for it on the weekend with beer and my MIL's cooking though.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    One other thing the signature line on my posts was put there by someone other than myself I would appreciate it if that could be removed...I am no longer a paid site supporter so It seems i cant change it myself..

Non-site supporters can still have a single line of signature and have the ability to edit it. Go to the UserCP tab at the top and click "Edit Signature" on the left side of the page.

What do you mean "someone other than myself"?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Non-site supporters can still have a single line of signature and have the ability to edit it. Go to the UserCP tab at the top and click "Edit Signature" on the left side of the page.

I think he means he was drunk when he typed his sig line ;)
    Lot of that going on :D

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Actually, I'm going to start one about those who didn't go to college.

Lazy asses. They could've gotten their degree and been paid better.

But instead, they chose a life of digging ditches and laying asphalt because they were too lazy to spend 4 years becoming more refined and learning some business savvy.

I shouldn't have to pay way more into the tax system because I make more money than them... After all,they could've finished college and bettered themselves.

I'm too damn fat and lazy to highlight all of this in purple.

i started going to college and was doing really well, but then i developed alcoholism. its a very debilitating disease. limited my ability to attend class, study, or even care about school. sometimes i would lose track of entire days. long story short, im not able to attend school for medical reasons. dont judge me. im not sure whos fault this is...my parents? whatever higher being created people? all i know is its not mine.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    youre_fat-12294.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Yeah, only the user or a MOD can alter a sig line so what are you saying? :dunno:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Maybe I am misinterpreting the OP. I took it for what I thought it was. Generalized statement that we have become a lazy society and allow technology do everything for us and that when something happens its never our fault. While I feel this is a fairly accurate statement and I agree with the statement, it does not mean I agree with the fact that it is accurate. We must fix this. Yes, there are medical conditions out there. Some can't exercise like the masses, some can be done sitting or in a pool, though. Are there other diseases, too? Sure. I have beat alcoholism and while its a forever disease I have it under control. Am I obese or overweight? Not really. I have been but fixed that as well. I never blamed anyone for my problems, I faced them and fixed them. I wasn't happy with what I was becoming. If you are not happy, then fix it and don't quit til u r happy. Pretty basic rule I think.

I do not hate fat people, I do not hate alcoholics. I admit I do not like how these diseases effect their loved ones around them, though. End of rant. Now let's use our physical powers to our advantage and rely less on technology where its feasible and acceptable.

Top Bottom