• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Why are the stupid ones having all the babies? Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy.

We have an autistic daughter who is very beautiful....My wife and I are not "stupid" and love our daughter with all of our heart...We often worry about what the OP's post was about......

Margaret Sanger and Hitler's wet dream of "only good looking and smart people should be allowed to breed" has been relegated to the ash heap of history and should remain there.....

Many people have children with special needs and I know it's "Hip" among the secular set to think these children should have been aborted for the "good" of society but trust me when I say they have insight, beauty, and intelligence that a neuro-typical person can't even fathom....

And while we are berating this young lady for having the audacity to have a low IQ she has enough common sense to be attracted to the opposite sex.....How many so called "smart" people can't even figure that basic human tenet out????

"Idiocracy" was actually a movie....For prophecies you may want to check out this old book written by some desert dwellers about 3,000 years ago....They predicted that one day in the future humans would lose sight of where they came from and grow arrogant in their self worth to the point of self destruction.....

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    She has a very low IQ and very poor judgement...

(1) Is she just stupid and poorly raised OR (2) is she truly mentally impaired?

(1) If it is the first then shame on mom and dad. Hope they like running G'Ma/G'Pa daycare for free although someone's Norplant suggestion should be on the top of the To Do list. Also stop funding her mobility with free rent, a car, free time. Put her to work so she doesn't have time to screw around unless of course the sugar daddies are funding her.

(2) If it is the second then I would suggest a few things:
    • If mentally impaired is she capable of actually consenting to sex or would the old guys be raping her without consent?
    • Mom and Dad cannot be with her all the time so need to surround her with some friends that are responsible.
    • Make her friends aware of the concerns as well as the consent issue if applicable.
    • Find where she meets these dirty old men and make them aware of the inability to grant consent issue, whether it actually exist or not.
    • Find out the pickup location and use your presence to make the dirty old men not want to be there.

As an older guy I never understood the fascination with teenage girls or young women. Granted they are attractive but most are incapable of carrying on a conversation, in fact listening to them talk often annoys me. Plus, even when I was a younger guy the cougars were far more fun in and out of bed.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...but do these men have money?

She might not be an unintelligent as she seems.

I am blessed with two very intelligent daughters, 15 and 11 (as well as sons 17 and 10). All of my kids spend a lot of time with their parents- both together and each separately. I think the boys are learning to appreciate the importance of intelligence and hard work in a spouse and the girls are learning that any "boy" who doesn't treat them as respectfully and as well as Dad (and who doesn't have ambition to get a profession and know how to fix things and build things) isn't worth their time. Of course, no matter what parents do, there is a certain percentage of kids who go off the rails, but I think we'd all be surprised how many issues were preventable.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...but do these men have money?

I think the boys are learning to appreciate the importance of intelligence and hard work in a spouse ...

Yeah, I have always told my kids, you don't have to marry for money, but you damn sure better marry for earning potential. If the love of your life is an unemployable slacker, keep lookin.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Only had sons, now in their 30s so not much help. Maybe she will be lucky and find a good mate before the bloom is off the rose.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hmm... I'm old-ish & have neighbors & a recently turned 18 attractive daughter but she's good in school aside from math. You better not be creepin on my family.

:draw:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It can be just as bad when the daughter is intelligent. She can figure out ways to get around our restrictions, lie convincingly, make plausible excuses, push buttons, play people against each other, get "friends" to cover for her, and manipulate her parents' desire to trust her. All the while still hanging out with older men, getting whatever she can out of them. Her older sister is the opposite, though both were raised by the same parents in the same house. Kids come out wired differently at the start, and we do not have unlimited ability to overwrite the programming.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    She is a few IQ points from being mentally impaired by definition in Indiana. However, I'd say she looks normal, but is mentally impaired in judgement. I do know she was in special ed in High School, and can drive a car and not get lost.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    @ indiucky: CLEARLY I wasn't talking about you.

No ****, the guy went out of his way to out you, the op never stated the girl had downs, you pull that out of your butt and then throw it in someone else's face, come on indiucky...

Cut indiucky some slack. It's easy to get offended when there are definite parallels between his daughter and the one described in the OP. Unless you've walked in his shoes or a very similar pair, don't be so quick to put him down. It's a very, very difficult situation. Perhaps try some empathy or understanding. Or, you know, just say "**** him." Whatever works.

My daughter has ADHD and a cognitive learning disability. Simply put, her ability to use reason and good judgement are diminished relative to her peers. It's not a question of right or wrong or a lack of understanding of what "should" be done (aka good morals). She understands those things, but she has a diminished ability to control her impulses as well as someone with average or above cognitive abilities.

She's 14 now, and we're heading into my "nightmare" years. I was recently talking with my father about my concerns, and he looked at me and said "Son, you can only do the best that you can do. There will be things that will be beyond your control, and you have to accept that. As long as you know that you tried your best, and I know that you are and have done so, that's what really matters. Ultimately, she is her own person and will make her own choices, good or bad."

I have to look at myself in the mirror every day and know I gave 100% of what I have to offer as a parent and moral compass to my daughter. I also have to acknowledge that I am imperfect, my daughter is imperfect and society is imperfect. But, as long as I tried my absolute best, I will have no regrets.

So, OP, if the parents have absolutely given their all and their daughter still makes poor choices, then they can only continue to give it their all in hopes that doing so will have a positive influence on their child. And that's more than a lot of parents have done, regardless of their child's abilities.

I don't post much and am a very private person, but this is a subject I'm passionate about. I will prepare for the incoming :ar15:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, to list a few facts:

1. She's over 18.
    2. She's not dumb/stupid/idiotic enough to be declare non compos mentis under the law.
    3. She's still living at home.
    4. She's meeting older men outside of the home for reasons.
    5. She's fertile.

Based on 3, you have some degree of control over her conduct, but only if she A) agrees and B) is capable of rationally contemplating her fate after being kicked out of the house.

Based on 1, 2, and 5, you can only get her a tubal ligation or norplant if she gives her informed consent.

As for myself, I have OCD, ADHD, the reading speed of an 8 year old, and an IQ of 141. I don't look down on anyone for having learning disabilities. I look down on people who have poor decision making abilities and who do nothing to mitigate same.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    We have an autistic daughter who is very beautiful....My wife and I are not "stupid" and love our daughter with all of our heart...We often worry about what the OP's post was about......

Margaret Sanger and Hitler's wet dream of "only good looking and smart people should be allowed to breed" has been relegated to the ash heap of history and should remain there.....

Many people have children with special needs and I know it's "Hip" among the secular set to think these children should have been aborted for the "good" of society but trust me when I say they have insight, beauty, and intelligence that a neuro-typical person can't even fathom....

And while we are berating this young lady for having the audacity to have a low IQ she has enough common sense to be attracted to the opposite sex.....How many so called "smart" people can't even figure that basic human tenet out????

"Idiocracy" was actually a movie....For prophecies you may want to check out this old book written by some desert dwellers about 3,000 years ago....They predicted that one day in the future humans would lose sight of where they came from and grow arrogant in their self worth to the point of self destruction.....

4f74e186d624d.png

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    He has an UN-enviable problem that he will not be able to solve. And my sympathy.

I have no daughters and no good advice. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

I agree wholeheartedly. I feel really bad for the guy, but no good can come from this combo.

MandyGal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    Gary
    Yikes - I have two nieces, both 15. One is very pretty and social and gets tons of attention from boys. The other is autistic and struggles socially but wants a lot of attention from boys. Both terrifying situations that I worry will lead to trouble soon. I think the best way to handle young girls is to teach them self respect. If they have little to no self-respect, they'll base their happiness on the attention they get. If they have a high amount of self respect, they'll stand up for themselves and most likely stay out of bad situations. I definitely don't envy the man who created this thread. That is such a difficult situation but I wish you the best.

Top Bottom