• ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    NICE CASPIAN:rockwoot:

Slide and frame were bought raw from Caspian, I fit them together then fit the rest of the parts. Barrel is a Nowlin, Ed Brown grip safety and I think ambi safety, D'Lask trigger parts, and the rest I don't remember. I don't remember who made the cone comp either, just remember it was a PITA to fit without a lathe. This was my Action Pistol gun, the dot has lead adjustments built in for the mover.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    My Kimber TLE Custom II

NewKImber006.jpg

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I used to own but sold it due to childish stupidity, a Dan Wesson Valor. It has been my favorite 1911 so far. Thinking about picking up another one this year if I can hold off buying rifles.

My favorite that I still have is a S&W 1911. It's not quite as good as the Valor but a great 1911 for the price.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    picture.php

This is my favorite 1911, Just your average everyday, run of the mill Colt. It's reliable, shoots straight, it has some finish wear, so it hasn't been sitting in a safe, it has a couple of minor mods, but basically stock. I have nicer ones, and newer ones, and more exspensive ones, but this is my favorite.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    OK, I guess my favorite is either this one or an old Colt .38 super auto that I got when my grandfather died.

70900SaleNo35-4xx.jpg

Nice on both accounts, and sorry about your Granddad.... never let his pistol go.

I just picked up my new favorite 1911.... a Kimber series I Pro CDP. I may even sell off one of the G19s !!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite is my Kimber Compact Stainless II. It's my daily carry gun and seems to hit the sweet spot in size between an Ultra Carry and the full size 1911. I also have an RIA Compact which comes very close to the Kimber in terms of favorites. There's just something about the heavy chunk of accurate gun that makes me smile every time I pick it up. The Kimber is beautiful, reliable and accurate. But, for what it cost, it should be. The Rock has no right to be as accurate and reliable as it is, given what I paid for it.

picture.php

picture.php

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Found this thread after searching for my Colt... But my Colt Rail Gun is my favorite (only have that and my American Classic)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My favorite 1911 is the one that is chambered in .45, has a 5" barrel, and checkered grips..... beyond that it is too hard to narrow down.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    For collecting, a Singer 1911. For shooting, a late-model Springfield Armory; mostly stock except for slightly higher sights and a heavier recoil spring.

Top Bottom