• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I gotta be real honest with you guys. The Altamont wood grips that were on the 229 have been removed. Yes, they were beautiful, but I found that they were just enough thicker than the stock grips that they were not in my best interest. They made it hard for me to manipulate the decocker lever, and they were bulkier for concealed carry.

It gave me a sad when I took them off, but now the gun looks like this. Still fabulous though !

i-7zS3z9R-L.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Don't plan on changing anything but been curious on a HK P30SK just because it has a rail and I can run a weapon light

Pretty much same hk p30, hk p30sk, ruger lcr. Holsters are ever revolving though, still love stealthgear for the most part.

Late in 2017, I made a switch to carrying an Hk P30SK V3, and I've been happy enough with this that it's continuing into 2018. It's a bit of a chunk size-wise, but not heavy, and rides well AIWB. I keep thinking about rotating the SR1911 Officer into my EDC line-up, as it's slimmer for sure. But I shoot the Hk well, it fits my hands great, and through all the seasons it carries nicely with everything from athletic shorts under an untucked t-shirt to dressier clothes on Sundays.

I picked this up last August on a whim when I saw it for a really good price, and I've been unexpectedly happy with it from the get-go.

yIU0I8e.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    A Glock 43 in a uncle mike's shoulder holster when clothing allows, other times an IWB. Then if I get lonely for a wheel gun back to my old standby a S&W mod 60.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    M&P 40C with Apex FSS. Liked it so well I bought a second one. The second one is my EDC and the first was relegated as my range gun. I also have a 9mm barrel for it so when I was shooting with other 9mm owners or shooting the sub-gun I didn't have to sort brass.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Is it common for law enforcement departments to stipulate that you must carry a full size handgun while on duty, but can carry a compact/subcompact off duty? Or can most carry what they want, when they want, as long as it is on the approved list?

On-duty I have to carry the 17M. Off-duty I can carry anything on the approved list as long as it is .380 or larger caliber, as long as it isn't a 1911 platform.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    On-duty I have to carry the 17M. Off-duty I can carry anything on the approved list as long as it is .380 or larger caliber, as long as it isn't a 1911 platform.

Do they issue you the 17M, but you are responsible for your own off duty sidearm? Do they give you an allowance or reimburse you? Not trying to thread jack, just always wondered.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I suppose the regular carry guns for 2018 will be the same as what they have been for many years....

Government Model 1911.
    CZ 75 SP-01
    Browning Hi-Power

Backup, or primary where only a small gun works, is likely an LCP... sometimes a small .357

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Do they issue you the 17M, but you are responsible for your own off duty sidearm? Do they give you an allowance or reimburse you? Not trying to thread jack, just always wondered.

Yes, it is issued. We are also issued a shotgun and rifle but can carry personally owned ones instead. We are responsible for purchase off BUG/off-duty guns and there is no allowance/reimbursement. We do get a clothing allowance which can be used for whatever.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought a VP9sk and after taking it to the range to test it out, I have been carrying it the last week or so. I am liking it so far.
    I still find myself carrying my Colt WC LW commander from time to time.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    EDC...

Every Day Carry.

If you are “rotating” or “mixing it up” or changing it up based on the days outfit, you don’t have an EDC.

My EDC is, as it has been for several years, a full-size M&P9. If I carry a BUG, it is usually a RAMI-P, but I do not EDC a bug.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Glock or 2 of some flavor is always with me. I just finished building a AR Pistol in 5.56 that only has 70 or so rounds through it. Shorty P will become the truck gun when I get a bunch more rounds through it.
    The Shorty Pifle.jpg

Top Bottom