Favorite non franchise restaurant...mom 'n pop style.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Surely I'm not the only one on here that loves to cook and eat.

I always like to go to the off the beaten bath places to eat, you know like the ones Guy Fieri goes to on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. We all travel around a little bit for whatever reason, let's help each other out with some good "hometwon secrets".

I've got a couple...Mousies Cafe in Connersville...killer Black Diamond steaks and bar food and the draft beer is always ice cold. When I was on the road working, we ate at The Old Bank in Linton...$5 for an order of Calamari and the New York Strips were insane.

Share the knowledge!!!!

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Mug 'n Bun!

monster1.jpg

works.jpg

order.jpg

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Mug 'n Bun

+1 infinity!!!!!!!!!! their root beer is like drinking gods pee. I buy a couple take home gallons whenever I'm near there.

bloomington has a crap ton of great local eateries. trojan horse is great, opie taylors, mother bears pizza. 4th street is nirvana for ethnic food people, we have the only tibetan food place in the u.s. and it's owned by the dahli lamas sister.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Both of my favorites are rather seasonal and enjoyed the best when I take the Jeep topless.

It's hard to beat Polly's Freeze, a nice little drive in, just outside of Georgetown if you want a burger and some ice cream. It's a great place to go grab some lunch or a good place to stop by or drive to in the evening after supper for some ice cream. I would recommend the Polly Burger and the battered mushrooms.

My other favorite spot is The Dock in Leavenworth. Again, it's a great drive in the Jeep down to Leavenworth on 62 from Corydon. I prefer to go on an evening when I can sit outside next to the Ohio River to enjoy my meal.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    +1 for the Ordinary. Another mom n pop place is Yat's. Cajun food ....If you leave hungary, its your own damn fault. Big plate of food and a refillable pop for about $7. Places in Broad Ripple, Mass Ave, Greenwood and Fishers. The guy who owns the places was born and raised in New Orleans.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    No mention of Papa Roux yet? One of my favorite places to eat, I just never make it to the east side very often. Best po' boy I've ever had though!

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Oh, and for anyone that happens to make it to Bowling Green, KY... You HAVE to stop at "440 on Main" - It's mostly a cajon/New Orleans type of place, but they have awesome steaks. I had a ribeye for $18 that puts expensive fancy steakhouses to shame. Fork tender and awesome flavor.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    I have so many I like here is my list

Indian food curry etc : The Clay Oven, Indianapolis
    Pizza: The Ordinary in Wannamaker or The Willard in Franklin
    Burgers: The Grill Bar in Franklin (and I don't eat burgers from anywhere else)
    Mexican: Lucero's on Smith Valley, Greenwood.
    Fish and Chips: Shallos, Greenwood
    Proper Irish breakfast: Any of the Claddagh Pubs
    Steaks: Bynums
    Greek Food: Santorini's

Top Bottom