Favorite non franchise restaurant...mom 'n pop style.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    For those of you that work on the near south west side and are bacon freaks and don't know about Mann's grill...a $2.79 bacon, egg, and cheese....holy crap. It's a 1/2 lb o' bacon!!!

Holy Crap that's almost worth my drive from south bend! :rockwoot:

Reggio's in Mishawaka everything is great the salad is awsome.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Dear Lord I almost forgot!!!! Wagners Family Diner in Oldenburg....if you think you have had good fried chicken, you obviously haven't eaten there. Cool little town off of 74 by Batesville.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sushi: Narita in Plainfield or Naked Tchopstix B'ripple
    Med/Mid-east: Saffron Cafe or The Bosphorus Istanbul Cafe in Indy
    Cajun: Zydeco's Mooresville
    Heart Attack: Mug-n-Bun
    Bar food: Boathouse Bar & Grill 56th & High School
    Pizza: Bazbeuax or Union Jacks Speedway
    Steak: Dawson's On Main Speedway
    Hot dogs: Zacky's in Carmel
    Burgers: Bubs Burgers Carmel
    Asian (non-sushi): Akira Plainfield or Thai Orchid Castleton

Ya, I eat out a lot! I have many many more!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Mug 'n Bun!

monster1.jpg

works.jpg

order.jpg

+100 for mug and bun

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    The best restaurant I can think of in or around New Castle is Bills Diner and Taste of the South on the southside of Muncie

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Zelmas on 10th and Shadeland in Indianapolis.

I haven't been there in over a decade. I assume they are still keeping it simple, affordable, and tasty.

Glad to see the love for Papa Roux's. FYI, today's special is a pulled pork po-boy, and their catfish and cajun chicken salad po-boys are amazing.

About 45min north of Indy is Bonge's Tavern. About $20 per person, and you'd better get there early on the days they're open, or you could tailgate in the lot until they call your name. Great food, and the atmosphere is a step back in time. Bonge?s Tavern

In the same vein, but opposite direction, is the Story Inn. Awesome breakfasts, and you can rent a "haunted" room for the night if you want. Story Inn | Brown County Indiana Bed and Breakfast

Gourmet Pizza your thing? Give Jockamo's a try. Irvingtion on the East Side and now in Greenwood on the South Side. Jockamo Pizza

Also on the South Side at SR37 and Southport, Teddys Burger Joint has some great sloppy burgers and awesome potato salad. Welcome to Teddy's Burger Joint

Finally, for delicious Chinese in a shady environment, first choice is Oriental Inn on Arlington Avenue Just south of 16th St on the East Side. Welcome to Oriental Inn Restaurant Second choice, if you have cash cause they don't take credit/debit, is Fast Wok, just south of Washington Square Mall north of the now closed Dennys. Deliciously greasy Schezwan Chicken, or try the Gai Pad King to burn your lips off...No link, they are just that hole in the wall. FYI, their menu alternates daily. Schezwan on Tues, Thurs, and Sat, Gai Pad King on Mon, Wed And Fri, I think...

Oh, one more, Kona Jacks up north. They need to expand their beer selection, but the seafood is superb! Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar | Indianapolis, Indiana | Indy Fresh Fish Seafood Restaurant

I am hungry now!!! :):

Top Bottom