• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    What do they stand to gain by making headlines? Budget increases? Public approval? When was the last time anyone heard about a Federal enforcement agency struggling due to a significant lack of funding?

I would argue that simply brushing off the would be terrorists and assuming that they do not possess the ability or intelligence to pull of their intended attacks is ignorant and represents a willful disregard for the responsibilities assumed by these agencies. Given the time and freedom of movement to educate and properly equip themselves the likelihood of these enemies of our country launching a successful attack is very real. With the holes in the border and ease of moving illicit narcotics, how difficult would it be to get an RPG or quantity of explosives through allowing them to succeed?

I expect a portion of my tax dollars to fund the prevention of terrorist attacks on US soil. It's a hell of a lot better than putting lobster on the table and chrome wheels on the car of some slug who is too lazy to work.

:lol2: As long as you feel safe...that's what counts!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Did I say I feel safe?

What I will say is that these stories don't frighten me. I know there are evil people out there plotting to do evil things against my country. If you choose to be so naive as to believe that if we just mind our own business no one will want to do us harm go right ahead. If you want to allow yourself to be frightened by these stories be my guest.

I live in the real world. Neither terrorists or the federal agencies frighten me. I choose to remain as aware as possible and act accordingly.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

I find it somewhere between amusing and disturbing that you are perfectly willing to believe that the federal, state and local governments are willing to do you harm, but are unwilling to believe that there are those outside AND inside our country willing to kill you and yours to make their political/theological will ascendant; that they've said that's what they want to do; that there are numerous websites encouraging and abetting such actions against us; and that you don't think our government has a duty to prevent such violence against us where they can.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I find it somewhere between amusing and disturbing that you are perfectly willing to believe that the federal, state and local governments are willing to do you harm, but are unwilling to believe that there are those outside AND inside our country willing to kill you and yours to make their political/theological will ascendant; that they've said that's what they want to do; that there are numerous websites encouraging and abetting such actions against us; and that you don't think our government has a duty to prevent such violence against us where they can.

The harm they are doing is making the sheep feel safe by creating these foiled attacks. They initiated it and promoted the entire event. Does this not reinforce the need to have such right violating restrictions as the NDAA and Patriot Act?
    I care not for this fascism.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Knowing it and fearing it are two different things. I don't fear them. Let them come. Death is not something to be feared; rather, it is to be accepted. Don't seek it out needlessly, but be prepared for it. It can come anytime, anywhere.

The only truly free man is he who accepts and embraces his own mortality.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Did I say I feel safe?

What I will say is that these stories don't frighten me. I know there are evil people out there plotting to do evil things against my country. If you choose to be so naive as to believe that if we just mind our own business no one will want to do us harm go right ahead. If you want to allow yourself to be frightened by these stories be my guest.

I live in the real world. Neither terrorists or the federal agencies frighten me. I choose to remain as aware as possible and act accordingly.

If you were aware, you'd be aware that these foiled plots would have never materialized if it were not for the support of our awesome government.
    Ben Franklin said it best..."They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Enjoy your oppression.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I wonder what a poor Muslim goat farmer in Afghanistan would think if he read some of your posts.

I saw a bumper sticker that said: Feeling attacked by feminism? It's probably a counter attack.
    Replace feminism with any ideology you want to. Both sides think they're playing defense.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If you were aware, you'd be aware that these foiled plots would have never materialized if it were not for the support of our awesome government.
    Ben Franklin said it best..."They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Enjoy your oppression.

Oh I'm sorry, i did not realize you were clairvoyant. They would not have materialized exactly as they did, sure. They may have materialized with deadly consequences if no one was willing to derail them.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    Why is it most believe fast and furious was government initiated, but not this one?

And what has happened to the people who initiated F&F and tried to cover it up, including the President? NOTHING! So even if it was ALL the government's doing there is no one in this administration who is willing to do anything about it.

It also doesn't take away any of the REAL terrorist threats that are out there. It doesn't protect our people abroad in terrorist-controlled countries, who apparently are expendable and used to promote an agenda.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Oh I'm sorry, i did not realize you were clairvoyant. They would not have materialized exactly as they did, sure. They may have materialized with deadly consequences if no one was willing to derail them.

You are the exact type of citizen the government loves.
    We can derail them without providing material support, no?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I'm ashamed that you even had to write that.

19 people took 2+ years to implement the events of September 11, 2001. I'm fairly certain that the idea was birthed long before 1999 (for some reason I wanna say 1993, but can't really say for sure why that number pops into my head). They didn't seem to need the FBI's help to pull it off.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

I believe that to be the case. And I think they are succeeding. Both the ones inside and outside of these united states. The NDAA and Patriot Act are evidence of this.
    As far as the ones trusted not to do us harm, if they should change thier minds they will now have the means. Those means will remain there until someone whom you do not want to have such power will use it with nefarious intent.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'm ashamed that you even had to write that.

19 people took 2+ years to implement the events of September 11, 2001. I'm fairly certain that the idea was birthed long before 1999 (for some reason I wanna say 1993, but can't really say for sure why that number pops into my head). They didn't seem to need the FBI's help to pull it off.

That's debatable.... take tin foil hat conspiracy out of the equation... and that's still debatable.

Top Bottom