• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I actually worked for FedEx at the Indy Hub when I was teaching in an IPS school back in the late '90's...it was busy then!
    These past few months have really tested the big name carriers as they've been overloaded with items ordered during the pandemic of 2020!
    I'm not blaming them, but I'm saying that they are way overloaded in their efforts to maintain their delivery times and keep their late deliveries within their built-in + allotted 3% margin of error!
    Nothing excuses an individual driver from intentionally delaying or preventing a delivering from occurring...and, yes, there have been thefts by package handlers within the organizations!
    By far and large, however, the mainstay driver's and package handlers within the big carriers, FedEx, UPS, etc. are upright and honest people who're just doing their jobs!
    Sucks when loss happens...

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    UPS lost some ammo - allegedly left it at my door (I was home) and in the complex we live in, there is a package "hub" where all deliveries go. The hub has been around for quite a while yet this driver stated he left the ammo at my door - when I was at home.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    As I track a packages progress during shipping I always screenshot the scan locations each day or more frequently. Every so often they will magically edit the previous scanned locations.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    As I track a packages progress during shipping I always screenshot the scan locations each day or more frequently. Every so often they will magically edit the previous scanned locations.

This happened to me with Fedex who lost a $1200 optic, but then the tracking magically changed to "delivered" on the original date after days of showing a delay.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The label I am thinking of (and accepted by the contract carriers) says "ORM-D Small arms cartridges" in a blue box with a rectangle.

That's an old label. The new one is a diamond shape with solid areas on the top and bottom. It is a generic label with no mention of the actual contents and is used for all ORM-D packages, not just ammo.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The first thing to have done would be to contact the seller and explain the situation. Many/most good companies would make you whole.

UPS destroyed a recent package that was to have contained 40 boxes of Aquila 22LR SV and used a lot of tape making the box shippable again but short 12, 50 rd boxes (must have made a nice mess to sweep up). I contacted Midway USA, they asked for me to send photos if I had them, I did and they are issuing a refund since the ammo is OOS. I always take photos of any damaged package (and would if it had strange labeling) before and as I'm opening it.

It is the seller's responsibility to get the products we buy to us and to make a claim with their shipper if they want to, not ours.

I wouldn't blame that completely on UPS. Midway tends to do a lousy job packing. I ordered some ammo from them earlier this year and all they did was throw the boxes in a way oversized box with a little packing paper. Ammo boxes were basically flopping around they whole way here. One box had busted open but the outer box was still intact.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I had 1,000 rounds of bulk 5.56 delivered to my office Friday. By the condition of the box it appeared to have been dropped a couple times and re-taped. Thankfully the ammo was in a sturdy plastic bag and zip tied. At least it made it to me. I ordered some window blinds a while back and they were delivered last week. Tracking showed "delivered" but they were nowhere to be found. Again to my office so it's not like nobody was home. I called FedEx to and two days later they magically appeared. FedEx guy had gotten them to the correct floor of the building but, despite the suite number and company name being on the label, left them in the hallway around the corner outside another office.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Yes, and my understanding is that it is to be phased out at the end of the year in favor of the diamond with shaded black regions.

That's an old label. The new one is a diamond shape with solid areas on the top and bottom. It is a generic label with no mention of the actual contents and is used for all ORM-D packages, not just ammo.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I had a case of 9mm delivered a couple weeks ago (got lucky on a decent price) that FedEx delivered on time. Got a notification that it would require a signature but was left at the door. Arrived just fine, though.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I made no pretenses of knowing more than anyone else, and I don't think I presented anything incorrect. Here is a link to the phase-out of ORM-D for ground transportation that began in 2011 and ends this year:

https://www.lion.com/lion-news/june...ext=As if 2020 hasn't,away on January 1, 2021.

Yeah, you weren't incorrect but the point is why advertise what's in the box when you don't have to? Using the new label, any potential thief doesn't know if there's ammo, paint, bug spray, or one of about a million other possibilities.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Necro thread revival. UPS got me today. Had some ammo due to be delivered today, originally showed before 4:00, then it changed to before 9:00. O.K. fine, the driver is running behind. 8:05 I get a notification it was delivered and left by front door. Hmmm, I was sitting 3 feet from the door and didn't hear anything, nor a truck coming up the hill, nor the driveway alarm alerting. Go out and look around, nothing. Decide to go check to see if left by mailbox, as our new driver has done that a few times recently. Nope, not there either. Call neighbor to see if maybe left there by mistake. Nope.
    Call UPS customer disservice. They tell me it was left by front door. No **** Sherlock, that's what the notification said, only it wasn't there. Kinda ironic that the same day The Boss complains to UPS about the driver leaving packages by the road, I have a shipment mysteriously "disappear".
    Oh you know what, I bet Sam the Squatch slipped in and porch pirated it right out from under my nose.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    I just shipped some ammo last week with UPS and the guy made me cut the ORMD symbol off the box, said they've had too much trouble with ammo theft, they dont want you marking the boxes anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Heard back from UPS. My ammo was supposedly delivered to a address in the 2000 block on our road. The problem? Addresses on this road don't start until 5000. Starting to think our driver just may be a thief.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Heard back from UPS. My ammo was supposedly delivered to a address in the 2000 block on our road. The problem? Addresses on this road don't start until 5000. Starting to think our driver just may be a thief.
    At this point your best bet would be to notify the shipper and have them initiate a delivery trace on the merchandise.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Having worked at the FedEx hub I can tell you that packages get “lost” by falling off the conveyor system all the time. If they fall off in a very inconvenient location it may sit there for quite some time before it gets picked up.

It’s kinda hard to explain the why and how but rest assured that many packages are delayed just because of falling off a conveyor and not some malicious force.

Top Bottom