• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    You've got more patience than I've got. If it was me I'd have been in contact with the CC folks after about 10 days.
    oh believe me. i started in on CS 1 minute after i got the email saying my package was delivered.

i'm just fed up with the whole thing. and since the seller is now ignoring me as well, i'm going to put them on the hotdog stand...kirkpatrick guns & ammo, texas.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Did you guys force a new policy at FedEx?
    I ordered ammo from AmmoFast.com, a vendor I've never used before. They shipped it the next day (thus the name, AmmoFast) via FedEx. FedEx tracking site says Thursday delivery and signature required by an adult. I've bought a lot of ammo and never signed for it.
    Stayed home ALL day Thursday, no delivery.
    Their tracking site changed delivery to Friday. I had plans Friday and can't be there.
    Tracking site says delivery attempted but customer not home. Huh, I guess they're serious about a signature. Delivery scheduled for Saturday.
    I stayed home today and at 1:30 FedEx guy drops box, rings doorbell and walks away.
    Anyone familiar with FedEx policies? There obviously isn't an adult signature requirement because he didn't get one but left the package. Is the policy actually to verify someone is home before leaving package?
    Glad to have the ammo in hand but irritated that they didn't leave it yesterday.
    I have had warranty work done on pistols, where you can ship directly to the manufacturer without an intervening FFL. All shipments require signature. Just the same, I have come home to find packages containing firearms laying by my front door. The driver ignored the signature request. And this is pre-COVID.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i havnt had any problems with any of my shipments disappearing over the last year. (or ever). ive ordered most of my ammo (3500+ rds of 22LR) and made several purchases from midway. every thing has arrived on time( or 1/2 days early) not shipping damage.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Seems our fedex breaks most of the stuff they deliver, or beat up the boxes pretty good. Prefer the brown truck, but they have their moments also. No issues with ammo, but I haven’t bought too much on line and couldn’t tell you who delivered it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I hate the fact that FedEx/UPS is using Covid as a excuse for not getting a signature so they may increase the amount on deliveries on a vehicle because they are no longer waiting at the door for it to happen

Problem is, there a whole lot of things where a signature should be got to PROVE delivery.

Point in example, my old beer distributor job I left in 2013 was bought out and they moved everybody's 401k's into IRA's. Because I'm still awaiting SSID. I needed money.
    30 day hold on electronic transfer on the switchover, but I could get next day FedEx, (really 2 day).

Check was dropped off at the door, no knock or ringing of the doorbell, would have heard it if they did, I was 15 feet away with no TV or radio on.

The only way I knew some had been on the porch was my Golden Retriever woofing.

Ya, let's leave a sizeable check on a porch out in the wide open to be seen.

Laziness and Greed is all it is.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I have bought ammo online several times in he last couple of years, and every time it was delivered on time and intact. It sounds like I may be one of the lucky ones, but I have no complaints with the delivery services. Every gun delivered to my FFL guy for me, came through without problems too. Maybe I'm blessed beyond what I had realized.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Covid did, apparently. I've had 2 shipments from Max Arms via FedEx, signature required, but they just left them on the porch and "signed" for them themselves with a note saying "Covid" on it.
    This Covid is worth than I thought. Makes you sick AND steals your packages.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm still seeing strange stuff with USPS packages. Some Indy Post Offices are running a day late (yesterdays packages go out for delivery today.) As far as odd single package escapades? To quote Roger Daltrey, "I can't explain."

Top Bottom