• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I watched this documentary recently and it contained footage inside of an Indiana Columbia House shipping center. I wonder if you're in it?

FWIW, the documentary was entertaining.
    No, I wouldn't be in it. I worked for BMG Music (Indianapolis), which later bought Columbia House and I did end up working with Columbia House folks in Terre Haute towards the end. Both clubs eventually used our warehouse in Duncan, SC and my primary job was warehouse support (writing and maintaining programs to configure the picking machines in the warehouse).

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    No, I wouldn't be in it. I worked for BMG Music (Indianapolis), which later bought Columbia House and I did end up working with Columbia House folks in Terre Haute towards the end. Both clubs eventually used our warehouse in Duncan, SC and my primary job was warehouse support (writing and maintaining programs to configure the picking machines in the warehouse).

Too bad.. Everybody was running around in their '90s neon T shirts and short jorts. What a time capsule! :laugh:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I sent a member here a box of 3D printed parts in a Federal ammunition box. The member never got it, usps was zero help. Reprinted the order and shipped it in a plain unmarked box through UPS and it made it that time.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Necro thread revival. UPS got me today. Had some ammo due to be delivered today, originally showed before 4:00, then it changed to before 9:00. O.K. fine, the driver is running behind. 8:05 I get a notification it was delivered and left by front door. Hmmm, I was sitting 3 feet from the door and didn't hear anything, nor a truck coming up the hill, nor the driveway alarm alerting. Go out and look around, nothing. Decide to go check to see if left by mailbox, as our new driver has done that a few times recently. Nope, not there either. Call neighbor to see if maybe left there by mistake. Nope.
    Call UPS customer disservice. They tell me it was left by front door. No **** Sherlock, that's what the notification said, only it wasn't there. Kinda ironic that the same day The Boss complains to UPS about the driver leaving packages by the road, I have a shipment mysteriously "disappear".
    Oh you know what, I bet Sam the Squatch slipped in and porch pirated it right out from under my nose.
    hi everybody! i had that exact problem on march 6. i was sitting 6 ft from my front door and got the email my package was delivered. all of three seconds later and i find no package on my porch. 3 neighbors all said there was no ups truck on our street. 5 days of back and forth and ups says they KNOW if was delivered to my "property" because they can gps track the label.

i pointed out that the seller told me of 2 instances in january where the ups drivers where caught stealing ammo, they told me i would recieve a refund in two days.
    Called them today...it's still being investigated...
    ups is a bunch of liars and they have some thieves working for them

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    hi everybody! i had that exact problem on march 6. i was sitting 6 ft from my front door and got the email my package was delivered. all of three seconds later and i find no package on my porch. 3 neighbors all said there was no ups truck on our street. 5 days of back and forth and ups says they KNOW if was delivered to my "property" because they can gps track the label.

i pointed out that the seller told me of 2 instances in january where the ups drivers where caught stealing ammo, they told me i would recieve a refund in two days.
    Called them today...it's still being investigated...
    ups is a bunch of liars and they have some thieves working for them
    Oh yeah, and they DON'T like it when you call them on it. I've been so tempted to ship myself some "ammo" that I hope gets stolen. :naughty:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I do wonder if all this UPS theft is the fact that all of us know about porch pirates, and UPS figures they can try to blame it on that as opposed to actually looking at their own employees?

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah, and they DON'T like it when you call them on it. I've been so tempted to ship myself some "ammo" that I hope gets stolen. :naughty:
    i called them again this morning and they transfered me to 3 different cs agents...none spoke english. 2 weeks ago their loss prevention guy suggested i file a police report. i explained that the underlying issue is now the thief knows i have a firearm(s) in my home and may foolishly come looking for the gun that matches the ammo.

i no longer patronize any business that only ships via ups.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I do wonder if all this UPS theft is the fact that all of us know about porch pirates, and UPS figures they can try to blame it on that as opposed to actually looking at their own employees?
    they sure didn't like me calling their supervisor a liar and their driver a thief.

when they said they tracked the package to my property, i said he may have driven down my alley and scanned the package and kept driving. you could hear hair growing....

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    i called them again this morning and they transfered me to 3 different cs agents...none spoke english. 2 weeks ago their loss prevention guy suggested i file a police report. i explained that the underlying issue is now the thief knows i have a firearm(s) in my home and may foolishly come looking for the gun that matches the ammo.

i no longer patronize any business that only ships via ups.
    Oh yes, may have been the same agents I talked to. After the first 2 calls I was hoping I'd get somebody in India the 3rd time. I did file a police report and that seems to have helped. Amazing how fast "lost" packages get found once certain people make phone calls. I've heard about The Boss's boss and his mastery of eviscerating people with words.
    We're trying to avoid using UPS but that is going to be difficult. Been trying to strong arm them into leaving any packages at a place in town that is drop off/pick up point for them. Told them I DO NOT trust their driver coming anywhere close to my property. Either have a different driver deliver or drop them in town.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Oh yes, may have been the same agents I talked to. After the first 2 calls I was hoping I'd get somebody in India the 3rd time. I did file a police report and that seems to have helped. Amazing how fast "lost" packages get found once certain people make phone calls. I've heard about The Boss's boss and his mastery of eviscerating people with words.
    We're trying to avoid using UPS but that is going to be difficult. Been trying to strong arm them into leaving any packages at a place in town that is drop off/pick up point for them. Told them I DO NOT trust their driver coming anywhere close to my property. Either have a different driver deliver or drop them in town.
    update: the driver, whose route covers my neiborhood, slowed down in front of my house a week after this post and starts with the fast lippin, loose neckin me. i couldn't hear what he was saying. it must not have been important...he drove off really fast when i came off my porch and he saw the gun on my hip that the ammo was to feed. and i still haven't been reimbursed for my ammo.

wsleigh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Greensburg
    I really haven't had anything lost from Fed/Ex or UPS. But the USPS??? Had it happen enough that I even put in a complaint about packages being "lost" once they hit the local post office. Given the choice, I don't use any shipping options that include the post office anymore.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Did you guys force a new policy at FedEx?
    I ordered ammo from AmmoFast.com, a vendor I've never used before. They shipped it the next day (thus the name, AmmoFast) via FedEx. FedEx tracking site says Thursday delivery and signature required by an adult. I've bought a lot of ammo and never signed for it.
    Stayed home ALL day Thursday, no delivery.
    Their tracking site changed delivery to Friday. I had plans Friday and can't be there.
    Tracking site says delivery attempted but customer not home. Huh, I guess they're serious about a signature. Delivery scheduled for Saturday.
    I stayed home today and at 1:30 FedEx guy drops box, rings doorbell and walks away.
    Anyone familiar with FedEx policies? There obviously isn't an adult signature requirement because he didn't get one but left the package. Is the policy actually to verify someone is home before leaving package?
    Glad to have the ammo in hand but irritated that they didn't leave it yesterday.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Your reply prompted me to look at the tracking again. I'm amazed and confused. It says I did sign for it but it got my name wrong.
    So why didn't they just leave it yesterday?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Your reply prompted me to look at the tracking again. I'm amazed and confused. It says I did sign for it but it got my name wrong.
    So why didn't they just leave it yesterday?
    That I don't know. I let Max Arms know what happened the first time and they sounded like they were going to talk to FedEx about it, and when it happened a second time I let them know again, but they didn't reply. They charge extra for that signature required service, which they pass along to their customers, so maybe they don't care enough to pursue it.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i'm still waiting on a response from either ups or the seller.

when this started 2 mos ago, the seller contacted me. i felt like they actually cared.

after 4 emails and 2 vmails i don't think they like me.

ups is no help at all. maybe i shouldn't have called their supervisor a liar and their driver a thief.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    i'm still waiting on a response from either ups or the seller.

when this started 2 mos ago, the seller contacted me. i felt like they actually cared.

after 4 emails and 2 vmails i don't think they like me.

ups is no help at all. maybe i shouldn't have called their supervisor a liar and their driver a thief.
    You've got more patience than I've got. If it was me I'd have been in contact with the CC folks after about 10 days.

Top Bottom