• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I have a Walther and pronounce it just the way it is spelled because I have never heard anyone call it a Valter. Thats just me though

My best friend up in Chicago has a rich German heritage, and is a gun owner. When he first introduced Walther Handguns to me, he did instruct in the proper way to say the name, and then proceeded to call it the way it's spelled, instead of with the V sound. Go figure.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I realize Americans pronounce things based on the english spelling of words not the country of origin. Anyway, my current pet peeve is people that mispronounce "Walther" as in the firearms company.

Being German it is pronounced Valt-her.

Walter is acceptable, but not Wall-ther.

There is no THHH sound in the German language.

Anyone else? :popcorn:

Warshington instead of WASHington.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Uncle Mike's flop and slop holsters... If youre gonna cheap out by buying that Hi Point or police trade in, at least get a decent holster. Look like a 'tard with it flopping around while gettin' gas at the corner store...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Pretty much just getting hosed by EVERY darn poser at the gun show. Especially when they aim at me on purpose. I KNOW its a gun show. I KNOW it's SUPPOSED to be unloaded. But I also know Professor Murphy, and know all about his law. Aim it at the Damn ceiling, idiot! Plus, the whole pistol/revolver thing. Mostly because I don't care, and I don't understand what it is about a fellow gun lover calling his 686 his favorite PISTOL that sets some of us all afroth at the mouth. Buy a dictionary, Damn it. Then whack yourself between the eyes with it 100 times daily, and GET A JOB, till you don't care whether it's a pistol, revolver, autoloader, hand cannon, handgun, or Aunt Maggie's backside!
    Rant off, and I apologize for my atrocious sentence structure, etc

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I realize Americans pronounce things based on the english spelling of words not the country of origin. Anyway, my current pet peeve is people that mispronounce "Walther" as in the firearms company.

You callin me out on saying sayga the other day hahaha!

My #1: Porsh instead of Porsche (porshahh)

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    <Steps onto his soapbox>

Guys who try and start a woman out on a .45 cause anything less won't put a man down. That attitude has pushed so many women away. I always take my .22 to the range and after guys have a woman try and she hates the .45, the guy ends up loading and shooting it, I'll offer to have the lady shoot a .22LR. Usually the guy will take more snied comments but I can generally talk the lady into it and most end up at least not hating shooting.

I recommend to anyone to take a .22 to the range with 100rds, it doesn't cost much and you might help get anyone (guy or gal) to at least learn how to properly shoot a pistol, even if it's just a .22, instead of hating all firearms just because of a douchebag boyfriend.

<stepping down>

I feel better now

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    As it turns out, you can actually move the camera in relation to the gun, rather than prop the gun up to move it in relation to the camera. What baffles me is when people prop the gun up, simply to take a perpendicular shot. Why?

sometimes it's hard on a straight on shot to capture scratches, wear etc...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

That's interesting, because my pet peeve is the exact opposite. I don't care that it's a German gun and the Germans pronounce it "Valt-her." We're in America, and in America that word is pronounced "Wall-ther." No offense. :)

It drives me nuts to listen to that cooking show woman Giada de Laurentis. She can't just call it mozzarella cheese, it's always "moot-zer-rayl-E-ya." I know you're Italian, lady, but you're making a show for Americans, and we call it "mot-sa-rell-a."

As far as my pet peeve, I hate how people talk about Black Talons like they are the holy grail of ammunition technology. A guy (at Walmart, of course) was telling me about how they explode on impact and how they are now illegal but he's still got all his guns loaded up with them. I don't have many pet peeves regarding guns, it seems snobbish to me to worry about a "clip" or "magazine" or whether your LTCH is a "permit" or a "license."

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My biggest pet peeve is people forcing their anti views in my direction. If I wanted to hear that...well...I don't.

Another is guys who own guns shops basically requesting for us to disarm before entering...unless we're buddy buddy.

Top Bottom