• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've got to say my take on this type of thing is different than most, apparently. I don't really care what people call stuff-- permit v. license, clip v. mag, etc. I usually know what they're talking about. If not, I'll ask them to clarify. But what bugs me are the things that people and/or government does to me and you.

The things we all read about on here about news stories where a LEO wrongfully disarms a citizen or uses his/her citizen loaned authority to enforce laws the way they wish they were written--oh yeah, big peeve. Like I said earlier, the fact I have to practically be a lawyer in order to carry a means of self preservation just to not get arrested because some politician decided that nobody (including law-abiding persons) should be able to carry a gun on school property (as defined by IC blah-blah-blah)--yeah those sorts of things **** me off. The others--meh! I can live with 'em.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    It drives me nuts to listen to that cooking show woman Giada de Laurentis. She can't just call it mozzarella cheese, it's always "moot-zer-rayl-E-ya." I know you're Italian, lady, but you're making a show for Americans, and we call it "mot-sa-rell-a."

That big headed little gal can roll her tongue any way she wants.;) Correct pronunciation of non-English words is... well...correct.

On the other hand...

"remmy" :puke:"shottie" :puke::puke:

kinda screams...greena$$

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yeah, I'd hate to call something "bulletproof" just because the guy who invented it named it that.

When you invent something like that, you can call it whatever you want.

He can call it Lavender Love #37 if he wants, but you will never hear me say "bulletproof" body armor. You can wear Level IV (Armor Piercing Rifle) but the enemy may bring a .50 BMG

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Hearing how guns kill people. No I don't recall seeing any guns running around. People kill people. Also I had a former upstairs neighbor that was a cop. I hear a gunshot go off one day and go out to see what was happening, well this Jack*** had left the range with a jammed weapon and shot a hole in my pantry clearing it in his apartment.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    He can call it Lavender Love #37 if he wants, but you will never hear me say "bulletproof" body armor. You can wear Level IV (Armor Piercing Rifle) but the enemy may bring a .50 BMG

Ever mentioned the word "automobile"? It doesn't actually drive itself automatically.
    I've performed repairs on "maintenance-free" batteries more times than I care to count.
    Plexiglas has absolutely nothing to do with glass.

The inventor/discoverer has always had naming rights. Seems pretty random to take that away with items like bulletproof vests and silencers.

But again, if it weren't random, it couldn't count as a pet peeve.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Also I would say that just general legal ignorance. The whole OC "You can't do that! It has to be concealed!" thing probably annoys me the most. I am by no means an IC guru, but I do make sure to know what is and isn't legal.

+1

One kid at work tried to tell me some "laws," such as if there's a sign you can be arrested for illegally carrying a firearm or that you need a permit to buy let alone carry an "assault rifle." I quickly correct him on everything.

Top Bottom