• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know you said leather but I highly recommend the Blackhawk holster in Kydex for this gun. FAST draw and smooth! Also, does not wear on the finish as bad as leather, in my experience.

Totally agree with the Blackhawk. It is one of the best holsters for any sig. I have one for my P220 and it is the most comfortable holster I have had.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I was wondering what the DAK trigger listed on Sig's site was about. How can it have a long and short reset points?

Well I am no mechanical engineer so I'll leave the technical explanation of exactly how it's accomplished to someone else but essentially (from an end user aspect) it works like this:

Once a DAK trigger is first initially pulled the trigger has the full amount of travel like DAO, but with a very constant, very light 6.5 lb pull weight, there is no spring stacking at all, once the weapon is fired the hammer stays in the down position like a DAO however upon releasing the trigger about half-way through a traditional DAO stroke the first short reset point is activated & the weapon may be fired with a shorter trigger stroke sort of like a DA/SA except for even the short reset point will completely re-cock & release the hammer, albeit the short reset is slightly heavier (about 8lbs instead of 6.5lbs) than the longer reset or the shooter may choose to release the trigger all of the way back out & use the initial, longer reset point.

So it is completely up to the shooter which reset point they want to use on any given reset stroke of the trigger, the short reset is very nice for quick/rapid fire & the long reset is very nice for precision shots.

Anyway I really don't like all but the most heavily customized DAO triggers, mostly because of the heavy inconsistent spring stacking but that is really just the nature of the DAO beast & I am not a fan of DA/SA triggers either (mostly because of the initial heavy DA stroke causes "a flyer" for me) but I am a fan of Sig's DAK triggers.

I think what I like most about them is just how smooth & light DAK triggers are, I might even go as far as to say that they are "custom tuned Colt Python DA smooth" & I am very accurate while shooting them regardless of which reset point I choose to use.

At heart I am still a SA trigger sort of guy, but the DAK has taken DAO to a whole new level IMHO.

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    RichardR, that was a great explanation. :yesway: I will have to get my hands on a Sig with a DAK trigger. It sounds like something i would really like because like you, i do not care for DAO triggers. What Sig came up with sounds very intriguing and i hope it get to play with one soon (i bet i will come across one at the 1500 i will be able to mess with).

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    I recently purchased a Sig P226 in .40 S&W, it has the Michigan State Police emblem on top. Is this a retired police weapon, or did they sell these to general public. I love the way this gun shoots.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I recently purchased a Sig P226 in .40 S&W, it has the Michigan State Police emblem on top. Is this a retired police weapon, or did they sell these to general public. I love the way this gun shoots.

It's probably a police trade in.

Personally I love police trade in programs, they are a great way to get great deals on great guns.

chevy2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Love my sigs.Bought a 226 in 1991 and sold it a couple of years later.I have owned several of their different models over the years and have been feeling the urge to pick up another 226 in 9mm.

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    I carried a P226 every day for almost 10 years. Even after we switched to Glocks, I still feel that the P226 is one of the finest handguns made. Reliable, super accurate, and durable.

Flork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Sig makes a fantastic pistol. Their older guns are far better than current production guns because they're actually machined parts, not MIM like they are today.

We've got some exciting stuff coming down the pipe for Sigs....parts for the pistols and the 556 rifle too.

fishin4wd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    No oil

I suggest getting some solid lubricant for the sig. Standard oil won't protect the gun so well.

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I suggest getting some solid lubricant for the sig. Standard oil won't protect the gun so well.

Here is a good read from Flork at Sigforum regarding lube...

Flork's Lubrication Recommendation - Topic

Welcome to the Sig club.

Now that i have around 600 rounds through it and have carried it a dozen or so times i LOVE THIS THING!

Yes, i agree with the above. Sig and Flork both recommend grease so i started using some grease with PTFE and it is working great. After seeing how easy it makes cleanup and how well it holds to wear surfaces even after a long days use, i am sold. I have been using the grease on all of my firearms for the last several months with zero negative effects. My AR loves the stuff, or at least i do. The carbon doesn't "deposit" on the surfaces when using grease, it just builds up in the grease and you wipe the parts clean. I don't know why using grease isn't more common.

I am a SIG fan for sure. I am an machinist and amateur engineer and really appreciate how well SIG built this gun.

Top Bottom