• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Now that i have around 600 rounds through it and have carried it a dozen or so times i LOVE THIS THING!

Yes, i agree with the above. Sig and Flork both recommend grease so i started using some grease with PTFE and it is working great. After seeing how easy it makes cleanup and how well it holds to wear surfaces even after a long days use, i am sold. I have been using the grease on all of my firearms for the last several months with zero negative effects. My AR loves the stuff, or at least i do. The carbon doesn't "deposit" on the surfaces when using grease, it just builds up in the grease and you wipe the parts clean. I don't know why using grease isn't more common.

I am a SIG fan for sure. I am an machinist and amateur engineer and really appreciate how well SIG built this gun.

I'm glad to see the article was helpful. I've worked on hundreds of Sigs and found that if you keep them well greased, they'll run like a top. The engineering is definitely there...it's up to the end user to make it last as long as possible.

Scott

Top Bottom