First they came for the air travelers... TSA agents hit the streets in Tennessee

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Federal checkpoints were rolled out simultaneously in seven locations on the streets of Tennessee this week. Weigh stations and bus stations seem to be their current focus. They came complete with Federal agents, constitution-free searches, terror-sniffing dogs, and plenty of B.S. "See Something, Say Something" propaganda.

Tennessee becomes first state to deploy VIPR Teams statewide
    You're probably used to seeing TSA's signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).

"Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane more likely on the interstate," said Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons.

Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFZpKEahb0[/ame]

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    "if somebody see something some where they should call us"

:wow:

I know were I will not be vacationing any time soon.

and it isn't random if the search everyone.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    "to create and ARMY of agents on wheels." -seriously WTF
    How could this even ALMOST hold up in court if you just gave them the finger and refused to roll down your window? -that's a semi serious question.
    I really don't think I could succumb to making myself be a terrorist suspect on the highways that my tax dollars pay for.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    :poop::poop::poop:

Report anything suspicious??? Well, I find purple vehicles suspicious....

What a crock.:bs:
    *turns on self-moderation and shuts up*

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't know if you guys have heard about this guy Ron Paul but he has this idea that the whole TSA should be abolished. Just some food for thought. Show me another candidate who wants that.

Ron Paul proposes abolishing the TSA in his Plan to Restore America
    Paul, a Republican presidential candidate and a lawmaker from Texas, is a longtime critic of TSA who has suggested eliminating the airport security agency before. His new economic plan would get rid of TSA as well as five Cabinet-level agencies, which Paul says will save the U.S. government $1 trillion.

Instead of having a TSA, Paul's campaign said he was in favor of "returning responsibility for security to private property owners."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My father and his generation fought a war to protect our freedoms from these Hitler-like checkpoints.

And for once, although the escalation is happening under obama-messiah, this is one time where saying TSA is Bush's fault is a true statement.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What 'personal liberty' would that be?
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Top Bottom