First they came for the air travelers... TSA agents hit the streets in Tennessee

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Maybe I should have run for a Job on the Hill...

Sit in ones seat and vote No and everyone thinks you are doing something...

I've already showed evidence of things he's done far beyond voting No. Try again, but with some actual factual content.

Why because I have yet to drink the Ron Paul is the Messiah Kool-Aid?!
    I am willing to bet there would be more persons who think of you as the Fool than think of me as the Fool... :popcorn:

Pointing out your ignorance doesn't mean I think he's the Messiah. That's what we call a "Strawman". While he's not the Messiah, I can quite easily and effectively refute your ignorant implication that he's done nothing to try to stop the TSA's violations.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I've already showed evidence of things he's done far beyond voting No. Try again, but with some actual factual content.

Pointing out your ignorance doesn't mean I think he's the Messiah. That's what we call a "Strawman". While he's not the Messiah, I can quite easily and effectively refute your ignorant implication that he's done nothing to try to stop the TSA's violations.

Why must you always drop into such an insulting tone anytime someone suggests that Paul is no better than his Peers...

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Maybe I should have run for a Job on the Hill...

Sit in ones seat and vote No and everyone thinks you are doing something...

Why because I have yet to drink the Ron Paul is the Messiah Kool-Aid?!
    I am willing to bet there would be more persons who think of you as the Fool than think of me as the Fool... :popcorn:

Do you believe what the TSA is doing on OUR streets is near ok?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Why must you always drop into such an insulting tone anytime someone suggests that Paul is no better than his Peers...

I'm getting annoyed at your condescending rhetorical questions. You haven't demonstrated enough knowledge of the legislative process to be condescending on the subject.

However, I should still maintain a respectful tone and I apologize. Let the debate continue :patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Maybe we should throw our support behind one of the candidates who have actively supported Police State legislation. Off the top of my head, Newt helped craft the Homeland Security Act (which created the TSA), Santorum voted for it and unabashedly supports it, and Bachmann voted to renew the Patriot Act. I have heard zero from any of them about repealing or even shrinking/defunding the TSA. So I do see Paul as a better candidate from his peers. He has a message that I agree with.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The use of the TSA in this manner is extremely worrisome. Expect courts eventually to find that you impliedly consent to a search when you operate a vehicle on federal highways. Then Big Brother will get the states to go along on state roads, and it's a green light to stop for 'anti-terrorism purposes' if done along the lines of the sobriety checkpoints.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The use of the TSA in this manner is extremely worrisome. Expect courts eventually to find that you impliedly consent to a search when you operate a vehicle on federal highways. Then Big Brother will get the states to go along on state roads, and it's a green light to stop for 'anti-terrorism purposes' if done along the lines of the sobriety checkpoints.

TSA handing out brochures to truck drivers in weigh stations is "extremely worrisome"?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    TSA handing out brochures to truck drivers in weigh stations is "extremely worrisome"?

I never understand the logic of waiting for the law to be filed, the regulation enacted etc that destroys liberty before complaining about it. The TSA getting involved in even the slightest way with enforcing any other method of transportation besides air travel is indeed a worrisome thing.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    TSA getting involved in another mode of transportation is worrisome. Where does it logically end? Subways, city buses? And don't we have police already to monitor this? Police under State NOT Federal control.

If all they're doing is handing out brochures, let the State troopers do that. Don't need more federal cops.

Another role for the TSA and more duplication of police powers. $$$

So are they sworn officers, make arrests, carry weapons?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    TSA getting involved in another mode of transportation is worrisome. Where does it logically end? Subways, city buses? And don't we have police already to monitor this? Police under State NOT Federal control.

If all they're doing is handing out brochures, let the State troopers do that. Don't need more federal cops.

TSA has already been involved in that mode of transportation for many years.
    You are late for the party.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

The program the TSA was promoting was a federal program. Do you now want state officers promoting federal programs?:):

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Yeah, I saw the part where they were doing random searches and inspections and bringing in dogs.

For some reason that stuck out in my mind more than the handing out brochures part.

Watch it again. The troopers were doing the inspections and had the dogs.

Nothing new for truck drivers. Been putting up with it for many years.

Looks like the Pauls supporters are late to the party.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Watch it again. The troopers were doing the inspections and had the dogs.

Nothing new for truck drivers. Been putting up with it for many years.

Looks like the Pauls supporters are late to the party.

The inspections are still being run by the feds. They bring locals along for the ride.

TSA VIPR inspection program targets truck fleets

Inspectors from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) are like to be more involved in roadside inspections of commercial vehicles, according to TSA officials.

Arrington adds that VIPR teams normally will be accompanied by a uniformed highway enforcement officer. VIPR team members may or may not be in uniform, but they will carry DHS credentials.

Top Bottom