First they came for the air travelers... TSA agents hit the streets in Tennessee

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    Federal checkpoints were rolled out simultaneously in seven locations on the streets of Tennessee this week. Weigh stations and bus stations seem to be their current focus. They came complete with Federal agents, constitution-free searches, terror-sniffing dogs, and plenty of B.S. "See Something, Say Something" propaganda.

"Those who would give up liberty for safety deserve neither liberty or saftey." I believe Ben Franklin

We are sheep being led to slaughter....and maybe say, "at least I am safe."

I said a couple years ago that there would be security checkpoints on the interstate soon. Here they are--now it won't be long before this will be the norm for passenger vehicles as well.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    that is all we need, more tyranny. What a freekin joke, they have done nothing to protect us. They are only setting us up to get used to the new police state of the one world order.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    They strip searched me this weekend, broke three ribs and shattered my nose. They totaled my vehicle interior and seized $4326 worth of personal property. But I'm just glad I'm safe from that nut job in the zoo with a gun that claims he's "protecting his family". Silly guy, he just needs the government to protect him like I do!

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    :koolaid: :sheep: :sheep:

I guess you won't mind the TSA searching thru your house at 3am to look for terrorists, right?

The proverbial nail on the head my friend. All this "terrorist" talk just really isn't a big deal--kill them all....but then you are called a terrorist, which evidentally is a pretty subjective thing. What is keeping "them" from labeling anybody they want--anybody on this forum for instance--a terrorist, or at least a suspect???? All in the name of safety. Safety has nothing to do with any of it.

Oh, and when they do search the house at 3am, they will be sure to kill at least one of your babies and all the puppies. Yes, seriously.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    What 'personal liberty' would that be? The right to not die in a 'dirty nuke' attack?

I don't have a problem with that.
    :koolaid:

I'd like to thank you and the other "useful idiots" for approving of an anti-terrorist agency that concerns itself more with denying little old ladies their AquaNet and Polygrip than it does looking for actual terrorists.

Question: How many terrorists has the TSA captured?

Answer: NONE!

That's right! Zero! Zip! Zilch! A big effing goose egg! And all for only $57 Billion over the last ten years.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    And as a Congressman he has done what exactly to stop them?! :dunno::popcorn:
    H.R.6416: American Traveller Dignity Act of 2010 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

11/17/2010--Introduced.American Traveller Dignity Act of 2010 - Prohibits any law of the United States from being construed to confer immunity for a federal employee or agency, or any individual or entity that receives federal funds, who subjects an individual to any physical contact, x-rays, or millimeter waves, or aids in the creation of or views a representation of any part of an individual's body covered by clothing, as a condition for such individual to be in an airport or to fly in an aircraft. Makes this provision applicable even if the individual or the individual's parent, guardian, or any other individual gives consent.
    Project Vote Smart - Representative Ronald E. 'Ron' Paul - Voting Record
    06/02/2011Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act
    HR 2017NBill Passed - House
    (231 - 188)
    10/15/20092009-2010 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Authorizations
    HR 2892NConference Report Adopted - House
    (307 - 114)
    07/26/2002Establishing the Department of Homeland Security
    HR 5005NBill Passed - House
    (295 - 132)
    Once again, you should probably keep your mouth shut if you're completely ignorant on the subject.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The proverbial nail on the head my friend. All this "terrorist" talk just really isn't a big deal--kill them all....but then you are called a terrorist, which evidentally is a pretty subjective thing. What is keeping "them" from labeling anybody they want--anybody on this forum for instance--a terrorist, or at least a suspect???? All in the name of safety. Safety has nothing to do with any of it.

Yeah, without due process, the government can just accuse anyone of terrorism and send the Predator drone, a SWAT team, MIB, etc. after him.

The government doesn't lie, and is never wrong, right? Who needs a trial to determine innocence or guilt when you can just let Big Brother make all the decisions?

In the case of TSA, the erosion of our rights bothers me. But it also bothers me that it's so transparently a moneymaking scam, and we taxpayers are the victims. The TSA is employing tons of people, and they cannot make the airports or roads safer. The TSA is purchasing expensive machines that do not effectively screen passengers, probably cause cancer, and certainly violate our privacy. What are we spending all this money for? Some people are laughing all the way to the bank with bags of our hard-earned cash.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Soooo....
    He authored the No Groping Resolution in November 2010, it went to the House Judiciary Committee and will probably die there...

I believe I asked what He has done to Stop them, not what has he attempted to do to limit them but failed at...

You also posted up the times he has Voted No against different Pieces. Those I will let stand as arguably decent attempts to do something. I would still think a Congressman of approximately 30 years of experience on the Hill to know how to Maneuver Legislation through his peers if He felt so passionately about it... :popcorn:

Might just be me though... :dunno:

Once again, you should probably keep your mouth shut if you're completely ignorant on the subject.

And was again you post the tools of my discussion points.

Thanks!:yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yeah, without due process, the government can just accuse anyone of terrorism and send the Predator drone, a SWAT team, MIB, etc. after him.

Yes_we_can.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Soooo....
    He authored the No Groping Resolution in November 2010, it went to the House Judiciary Committee and will probably die there...

I believe I asked what He has done to Stop them, not what has he attempted to do to limit them but failed at...

You also posted up the times he has Voted No against different Pieces. Those I will let stand as arguably decent attempts to do something. I would still think a Congressman of approximately 30 years of experience on the Hill to know how to Maneuver Legislation through his peers if He felt so passionately about it... :popcorn:

Good grief. He's done everything that a single Congressman can do. He's voted against it on multiple occasions and he has introduced legislation to prevent them from violating our civil rights. What you think will "probably" happen to that legislation has remarkably little value to this discussion.

You've already tried this tactic in other discussions. You looked equally foolish before. You should probably give it up.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I am amazed that anyone would even almost agree with this. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I am amazed that anyone would even almost agree with this. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

yeah, well most Americans believe whatever their government tells them to believe regardless of how many times they've been caught lying.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why do the heroes make you nauseous? Nausea is a suspicious behavior. I think we're gonna need to take a closer look at your cargo, citizen.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Good grief. He's done everything that a single Congressman can do. He's voted against it on multiple occasions and he has introduced legislation to prevent them from violating our civil rights. What you think will "probably" happen to that legislation has remarkably little value to this discussion.
    Maybe I should have run for a Job on the Hill...

Sit in ones seat and vote No and everyone thinks you are doing something...

You've already tried this tactic in other discussions. You looked equally foolish before. You should probably give it up.
    Why because I have yet to drink the Ron Paul is the Messiah Kool-Aid?!
    I am willing to bet there would be more persons who think of you as the Fool than think of me as the Fool... :popcorn:

Top Bottom