• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Perhaps the fact that no one in the entire criminal justice system agrees with you says volumes. There's this thing called "case law" and "precedent." Not sure if they covered that in Cincinnati, given their long history of citizen abuses and federal oversight. Hard to believe that all that went on without the tacit approval of senior supervisors with several years of experience.

How many Cincinnati police officers did you arrest during your career, given the obvious violations of the 2nd Amendment by them enforcing Ohio's tyrannical gun laws?

No point in getting personal with Liberty. He was just pointing out a fact in the law. There is no exception for a cop to take personal property at gun point without PC. There's no reason to take it out on him just because the law as written doesn't agree with you.

I do agree with you about "case law" & "precedent". That precedent has shown time & again that cops are "more equal" than the average citizen & will be allowed greater freedoms for acting outside the limitations of the law than I will be. IMHO, they (the CJ system) has it exactly backward. But I guess we can't expect anything differently from the people who stand to benefit the most from not putting TOO MANY restrictions on cops.

As I said before, the cops know it so the abuses continue. I also find it interesting that even the ones who say they never do "it" will nonetheless fight for the "right" for them to do "it" "if they want to". That is what says "volumes" to me.

Nobody is above the law, especially those entrusted to enforce it on others.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    WOW! you're supoposed to say "Rant Over" or something like that, What a great reply! Maybe you can start a blog and help to poor hating officer on how to deal with the stress of being a [strike]keyboard commando[/strike] warrior.

Because that's all cops deal with. Kids and drunks. It's not like they ever get shot at or anything. If they did though, it would be really cool to hide in a bush and shoot them from hundreds of yards away, instead of getting up close and personal. But yeah, like I said, they never get shot or anything, so that type of comparison would be silly, wouldn't it?

Neither of you have a clue. Never call a cop a warrior it is an insult to any soldier! What makes you think all military kills come from a distance or a protected position?
    You boy's make me laugh!
    Stay deluded it's so dang entertaining!
    You really do think cops are warriors and bad *sses don't you!?
    What a friggen' joke! Maybe if they were trained to be a warrior before becoming a cop! NO ILEA only trained cop is a trained warrior!
    Get off the cop worship boat and kool aide, 99% of LEO's wouldn't have made the cut to go where I went and do what I did period!

Their are good honest officers out there and I have no problem with them.
    These two quoted responses are proof of the mentality I speak out against, yeah I push your buttons with general impersonal statements and your responses always comes in the form of personal insults and personal attacks. You gentlemen can not control your attitude on a dang insignificant INTERNET forum! :laugh:
    Childish gent's but oh so telling of your personalities! So come back with the normal crap you sling when the truth hurts! I get a good laugh over this stuff boy's! Best thing is the more you insult me the more you tarnish yourselves. LMFAO :popcorn:
    Lobo, what do you know of up close and personal? Nothing thats what! You ever snapped a mans neck? You can feel life leave the human body. Ever looked a man in the eyes while you push a knife into his beating heart? Ever cut a mans throat? If you had you will never forget the gasping gurgling sound they make briefly as they bleed out. Or forget the sticky sweet smell of that much fresh blood. There is much more I could say but this is enough for a family forum.

Tell me about survival on the mean streets of anywhere,In. Joke, yeah it's a joke you think it's tough out there, in comparison to the things some of use on here have seen, being an LEO is a cake walk! I earned the right to my opinions by putting my *ss in harms way in **** holes all over this globe on behalf of you and everyone for 22 years, so you can sit here and throw childish remarks toward anyone with the backbone to speak out against those that abuse others whether they be cops or politicians.
    I have said my piece and am done! See ya!

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    As you know, I think the actions of the officer as described in the OP are inexcusable and illegal - and I personally would love to read about the OP recovering a huge settlement or winning a huge verdict against the Fishers PD. But I respectfully disagree completely with the idea that officer safety is not a legitimate concern. I think it is huge.

Personally, I have unlimited respect for any man or woman who is willing to walk up to the window of a vehicle without knowing if they're going to be greeted with a smile or the muzzle of a sawed-off shotgun. So I think the goal of our legal system ought to be a balance between the very legitimate concern of officer safety and the rights of citizens to have their Constitutional rights protected. So far, I think Indiana law does a pretty good job of that.

And when that law is violated - like by the Fishers PD in this situation - I hope they're held legally, morally, financially and publicly accountable.

Just my $.02.

Guy

The problem we have here is unfortunately the individual officers will never be held accountable, oh well other than a weeks paid vacation. Financially responsible, again never, it is the TAX PAYING PUBLIC that has to foot the bill for each occurrence of individual officer indiscretions.

I will agree ONLY IN A MINOR WAY, that officer safety is a concern. Where is the concern for any other profession that have higher rates of on-the-job deaths than law enforcement?

If someone straps on a gun and a badge, they know it is a dangerous profession, and need to understand the risks involved. If they are afraid of what is around every corner then they need to find a more suitable profession. As I have asked before how come the law enforcement profession is the ONLY profession that has no "customer service"? Every other profession if people treated others like LEO do to civilians they would not have a job for long.

INGunGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Perhaps the fact that no one in the entire criminal justice system agrees with you says volumes. There's this thing called "case law" and "precedent." Not sure if they covered that in Cincinnati, given their long history of citizen abuses and federal oversight. Hard to believe that all that went on without the tacit approval of senior supervisors with several years of experience.

How many Cincinnati police officers did you arrest during your career, given the obvious violations of the 2nd Amendment by them enforcing Ohio's tyrannical gun laws?

I arrested officers under my command on several occasions. None of the incidents involved the 2nd Amendment. This being the case there is no point in discussing the details.

zecho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Columbus OH
    As an update, my attorney has asked me to not comment on this thread for the time being. I will let you know what I can, when I can.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    No point in getting personal with Liberty. He was just pointing out a fact in the law. There is no exception for a cop to take personal property at gun point without PC. There's no reason to take it out on him just because the law as written doesn't agree with you.

I do agree with you about "case law" & "precedent". That precedent has shown time & again that cops are "more equal" than the average citizen & will be allowed greater freedoms for acting outside the limitations of the law than I will be. IMHO, they (the CJ system) has it exactly backward. But I guess we can't expect anything differently from the people who stand to benefit the most from not putting TOO MANY restrictions on cops.

As I said before, the cops know it so the abuses continue. I also find it interesting that even the ones who say they never do "it" will nonetheless fight for the "right" for them to do "it" "if they want to". That is what says "volumes" to me.

Nobody is above the law, especially those entrusted to enforce it on others.

"Liberty's" position, that a temporary seizure and return of a firearm from someone legally stopped for a violation of the law is "armed robbery," is patently absurd. At least in the real world. I called him out on a more personal level because of his obvious hypocrisy. He likes to thump his chest about freedom and liberty, while his entire career was spent with one of the most corrupt police agencies in the US. I'm quite sure that in his long years of service, he enforced laws that he would now claim are unconstitutional. He is disingenuous, at best.

And you are simply wrong about cops having a larger measure of "freedom." What cops on duty have is authority, not freedom. The police act based on statutorily granted authority. Of course they can do things that citizens cannot. (Run stop signs on emergency runs, arrest people, etc.)

The armed robbery statute, just like every other statute, must be taken in context with the totality of the circumstances. It is ridiculous to apply it to a temporary seizure of a weapon during a police investigation. Indeed, the courts may make interpretations and decisions that limit this authority, and the law is ever-changing. But calling it "armed robbery" is a farce, and especially absurd coming from a retired police official. It's pure rhetoric, and has no basis in reality.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lobo, what do you know of up close and personal? Nothing thats what! You ever snapped a mans neck? You can feel life leave the human body. Ever looked a man in the eyes while you push a knife into his beating heart? Ever cut a mans throat? If you had you will never forget the gasping gurgling sound they make briefly as they bleed out. Or forget the sticky sweet smell of that much fresh blood. There is much more I could say but this is enough for a family forum.

Sounds cool. Did you gouge out some of their eyeballs and skull **** them as well?

I wouldn't worry about "family friendly." This forum practically drips with blood sometimes, with calls for executions of people that don't think like certain posters, nuking entire continents, and "Can I Kill Him?" threads. Please continue your orgy of blood. Kids love it.

And don't worry about the warning to not discuss "civil war." As long as you use euphemisms like "refresh the tree of liberty" or talk about executing cops, prosecutors and judges one at a time, you'll be ok. Just don't say revolution, civil war, etc. Six does not exactly equal half a dozen sometimes, I suppose.

But God forbid you post some camel toe or a little cleavage. The female body will not be tolerated. And don't try to beat the curse word filter while you are waxing nostalgic about ripping throats out, either.

Think of the children, man. :cool:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    OP, if your lawyer has advised you regarding this topic and you need to have the thread temporarily removed, please contact a mod.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    and lets face it, IMPD hates doing traffic stops unless the feel they can get you for something else.

I must have missed this earlier, but I just saw it and let me say it is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on INGO. You must have a lot of experience with all 1600 IMPD officers to be able to make a statement like that.

Top Bottom