• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wear flip flops(how else are people going to see my pretty painted toes?) but I’m not teaching and i do my best to stay away from running and gunfights.

Coincidentally, my toes are currently painted a nasty shade of frog puke green. Honest injun! (not posting the pics because nobody needs to see my nasty toes)

It helps that my 9yo daughter as part of yesterday's mommy and daddy pamper session where they made us breakfast and gave us both "spa treatments". She insisted on painting both our toes. What can I say? I cant say no to those pretty blue eyes. And it doesnt matter because nobody sees my toes.

Though it does remind me of the time the kids wanted us all to paint our toenails. It was around Independence day and so it was pool season of course. My MiL was freaked OUT by it when we came over to swim for a cookout. She was quite uncomfortable that her SiL had bright red toenails and just couldnt quit looking. :dunno:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Coincidentally, my toes are currently painted a nasty shade of frog puke green. Honest injun! (not posting the pics because nobody needs to see my nasty toes)

It helps that my 9yo daughter as part of yesterday's mommy and daddy pamper session where they made us breakfast and gave us both "spa treatments". She insisted on painting both our toes. What can I say? I cant say no to those pretty blue eyes. And it doesnt matter because nobody sees my toes.

Though it does remind me of the time the kids wanted us all to paint our toenails. It was around Independence day and so it was pool season of course. My MiL was freaked OUT by it when we came over to swim for a cookout. She was quite uncomfortable that her SiL had bright red toenails and just couldnt quit looking. :dunno:

Man that sounds like great fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The flip flops in questoon were of the thong variety

I wear those around the house and compound but not when doing anything past walking from point "A" to point "B".
    Almost busted my tail walking into the shop on slick concrete today out of the rain. FF's are for casual. Nothing more.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Train like your lifestyle.

i wear flip flops. People don’t anyway wear crye pant or battle belts but you still see students show up to classes wearing them

though the last time I showed up wearing a coon hat I got some ridicule

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    MEN'S FLOPERATOR

coyote_angle_patch_600x.jpg

coyote_top_patch_600x.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Man that sounds like great fun.

You get it. It was indeed. Even though the "relaxing" hand bath was rather cold :):, they at least got the foot bath toasty.

I wouldnt trade that experience for the world.

And I'd venture to guess with your two terrorists, you too have had your toes painted. (though you dont have to admit it) :):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I wouldn't wear flip flops to teach at the range but I'd have to see the instructor before I write them off here. But I would not be quick to judge a man's ability to fight by their footwear, that would be a mistake. Running barefoot is not that uncommon these days and wearing shoes while fight training is rare. I would like to see how he conducted himself with the flip flops during training.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It would count as a negative in my book. I wouldn't necessarily write off that instructor, but I would count it against him/her.

There are few jobs where a person can wear flip flops and not seem unprofessional; all of those are jobs where the person walks in water on a regular basis. (It just so happens that I have such a job, and I still don't wear flip flops.)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I could not care less the footwear of my instructor, I have far more critical measures of competence than that...

As for me, I have an adversion to hot brass on my feet, but the instructor may not...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It’s a little odd. I wouldn’t wear flip flops to a class, but I have worn them on the range plenty. I wear flip flops constantly during warmer months and figure I should train accordingly from time to time. I can run and move just fine in them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It’s a little odd. I wouldn’t wear flip flops to a class, but I have worn them on the range plenty. I wear flip flops constantly during warmer months and figure I should train accordingly from time to time. I can run and move just fine in them.

From the very moment it is even close to warm enough I wear strap sandals. Everywhere and even work in them depending on the job. They are comfortable and stable to move in. Far better than FFs. But I do have a few pairs of both.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You get it. It was indeed. Even though the "relaxing" hand bath was rather cold :):, they at least got the foot bath toasty.

I wouldnt trade that experience for the world.

And I'd venture to guess with your two terrorists, you too have had your toes painted. (though you dont have to admit it) :):

I have no kids, but I do love going with the wife and getting pedicures. And the looks on people’s face seeing this 250lb ginger with dark pink toenails is awesome.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Overall opinion: meh

However - it does make me question the choice. Walking in and amongst a bunch of fired casings with essentially covering your feet is a pretty easy way to step on an upturned case just right (wrong?) and get a really really nice puncture wound.

Wearing flip flops when you're out and about and the ish hits the fan is one thing... But to automatically put yourself at adverse risk for puncture wounds of stuff that's been sitting in and on the ground for who knows how long? THAT makes me question the decision-making skills of the individual.

To further muddy the water: If this was strictly a marksmanship / accuracy class - then double-meh. But if it was any kind of SD class involving movement in and amongst a ton of range brass on the ground - then things get hinky.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Was he wearing (or have) any of the following?

1. Hawaiian shirt
    2. Crye pants
    3. Flannel shirt
    4. Tactical beard
    5. Battle belt
    6. Chest rig
    7. Gucci Glock
    8. Flip flops
    9. Long hair
    10. $300+ sunglasses

If you answered “yes” to four or more options, then he was an Instagram Influencer and not an instructor.

**Don’t trust anyone whose common sense takes a back seat to their sense of coolness or style.**

Last edited:
    Top Bottom