• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    They din't do nuffin wrong. :dunno: Mr boyfriend simply had to interpose himself between his girl and the other man. HE could have practiced deescalation first. But he assaulted the other man instead. Bully got his ass shot for his trouble.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well, apparently not in Florida.

I'm having a hard time seeing this shooting as justified. The shooter was NOT AN OLD MAN. He seemed to get up just fine from the ground without assistance and without holding on to anything. The attacker clearly paused when he saw the gun pointed at him, and the 47 year old shot him anyway. Where is the imminent threat of death or serious injury? Or does Florida law allow you to shoot someone who pushes you, based on being an elderly 47 year old?

If it wasn't for this ******* starting the argument with a woman over a parking space, none of this would have happened.

This.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The members of the entitled generation will go where they want and do what they want. If you question or challenge them when they park in a handicapped spot, cut in line, cut you off in traffic, run stop signs, or speed through school zones or neighborhoods, you should expect that they will attack you verbally or physically.
    Be like Elsa: Let it go.
    If you want to point it out to law enforcement, go ahead, but realize they will retaliate if they learn your name and address.

The only entertainment is when two entitled people want the same thing.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Wow! Pull the gun, threat backs up, shoot his ass anyway? I'm guessing poor training, or no training. Improper trigger control possibly, with adrenalin a contributing factor. Lots of mistakes made by at least 3 participants. Very sad situation, but the shooter should not get off scott-free.

P.s.: I'm 58 and don't feel like an old folk, yet.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I will give the shooter the benefit of poor training. That caused his slow draw and delay in deactivating the safety. He needs a glock

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If it wasn't for this ******* starting the argument with a woman over a parking space, none of this would have happened.
    This is a very foolish game to play. the woman shouldn't have parked in the handicap space, The deceased shouldn't have shoved the shooter, I'm sure we could go on oversimplifying the situation to a binary choice that ended poorly.

Also the video looks to be a good example of pulling a gun and not shooting is reasonable self defense.The threat changed after the gun came out. Saying I pulled my gun now I HAVE to shoot is ****ing stupid and an excellent way to spend some quality time in prison.
    At that range, showing your weapon and not using it could very easily go the direction of having it taken from you. As I pointed out originally, if he had drawn and fired we wouldn't be discussing it. Only he knows why he didn't immediately fire.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This is a very foolish game to play. the woman shouldn't have parked in the handicap space, The deceased shouldn't have shoved the shooter, I'm sure we could go on oversimplifying the situation to a binary choice that ended poorly.

I guess judges in civil and criminal courts are a bunch of fools then, because it matters very much to them who did what and how a situation evolved. The elderly 47 year old clearly started this whole fiasco.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Hmm... shame he is dead. But if your first move is to shove a man to the ground over a parking spot... it was gonna happen someday.
    how many times has this guy over reacted and gotten away with it?

why does the old man think he gets to yell at a stranger in a parking lot because she doesnt have a handicapped sticker?

I dont think anyone had to die, but their was way to many bad choices being made for something NOT to go horribly wrong.

im going to go with he was hopped up on the adrenaline from his yelling match with the driver and getting shoved to the ground activated his defense response, gun came out. He freaked out when he looked and saw a man standing there and pop.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess judges in civil and criminal courts are a bunch of fools then, because it matters very much to them who did what and how a situation evolved. The elderly 47 year old clearly started this whole fiasco.
    That doesn't make the game any less foolish. Lots of things can easily be prevented in hindsight with time to analyze. To my knowledge Doc Brown hasn't converted a Delorian into a time machine yet so all we can do is change our future behaviors.

Gee, I wonder if the writer could have glorified the “victim” any more than they did?
    I noticed that too. Also tried to slide in the white vs black card.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That doesn't make the game any less foolish. Lots of things can easily be prevented in hindsight with time to analyze. To my knowledge Doc Brown hasn't converted a Delorian into a time machine yet so all we can do is change our future behaviors.

I noticed that too. Also tried to slide in the white vs black card.

what.gif

The whole point of this thread is to discuss and analyze the event. Not sure what is foolish about that.

Am I missing what you are trying to say?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Without reading any responses I'm sure some will say it wasn't justified or he should have just fought back.

I will just say that if I am pushed down even slightly, I would empty my mag in a hurry. I don't move like I used to and I wont be able to run away or stand and fight back. Those days are sadly gone. Guys with bad backs, bum hips, knees, shoulders, etc... know what I'm talking about.

That little "shove" that guy took would have sent me to the hospital for a while with what I already have. So ya, shooting him before loosing consciousness would be all I have. If it had happened before my injury, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near me. :boxing:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    what.gif

The whole point of this thread is to discuss and analyze the event. Not sure what is foolish about that.

Am I missing what you are trying to say?
    I think so. I was speaking specifically to the "if person A hadn't done X then Y would have never happened" statements.

To be clear I don't feel I would have fired, but I can think of plenty of reasons that could change that feeling.

For the sake of discussion, what if the video showed the shove, then an immediate draw and fire before Mr. Shovypants could react?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, well, well.....

Ali Salous, the owner of the Circle A convenience store, told us Drejka has caused problems at his store before.
    "This guy -- he did this before," Salous said. "He always hangs out in the parking lot and if he sees someone parking, he just wants to start trouble with people."

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/n...rwater-parking-space-leads-to-fatal-shooting#

Maybe he finally got what he was looking for.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Just needing clarification.....47 is elderly......OMG I must be dead.

I guess I actually need to read into this one...:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do t believe that guy should have died for his actions. But there was no reason (based on the video) that he should have rushed that guy and pushed him in such a way.

If someone was shouting at my gf or whatever I wouldn't attack the man, I'd would try to deescalate the situation.

Having seen this elsewhere I will say that if you come at my wife like that yes I am instantly involved. That the man pulled his gun is another factor we all need to keep in our minds when this crap happens.

Top Bottom