• Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Too many people.
    "I don't need winter clothes. I'm only going to the store."
    Unless of course the car goes off the road or gets stuck.
    Or, they're stuck on a deadlocked highway, and they have to run the heater, so they run the car out of gas.

During Winter I keep my work carhartt bibs and coat, glove and a hat. Add to that my woobie that's in my pack year round. I tend to not wear more than a hoodie, but only because I know I have that gear

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    Folding money on hand?

At a minimum, I keep enough cash handy to fill the vehicle's fuel tank up twice. Started doing that years ago after one evening of dealing with an unpaid full tank of gas and a turned off debit/credit card. The short back story is there was a bank error for me and a few thousand other customers that day. Didn't find out till after pumping gas then going in to pay (was getting more than gas). Fortunately I was a well known customer so they let me slide for a few hours while I went and got some cash.

And not every place is going to have the convenience of credit card usage. Ran into that Monday. Was driving northbound on I70 between Berea and Lexington KY and needed some diesel. The place I found didn't have a credit card machine on their sole diesel pump off to the side of their lot. The interior of the place and the "crew" were too sketchy for my comfort level. So, out came the cash. No worries about how my cc info might be used after the fact. I got my fuel and got back on the highway.

Outside of that I like the convenience of cash. Not every little purchase needs to have a permanent record in my bank.

Jzim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Valpo
    I switch from 90% cash to almost exclusively electronic in an effort to enhance budgeting. After 5 years I’m beginning to think it’s time to switch back..

Top Bottom