• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Im gonna have to call bs on this. Seems like most people are getting around 20mpg tops with those trucks.
    http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/135916-3500-4x4-dually-mpgs-06-5-9-a.html
    Are you going off your readout on the computer because that normally isn't accurate.
    nope, i go solely off calculated mileage between fill ups. i have the older 12valve cummins, the new ones you linked to don't get nearly as good of mileage as the 12'ers. also i have 3.54 gears and 35" tires which lowers the rpm's signifigantly and makes for better mpg's

Last edited:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    ok ok I'll believe you on the 26 mpg but 40 mpg for a stock suburban? Is that even possible if its modded?

I think you have to be a little crazy to get that kind of mpg. They do some really stupid stuff, running stops signs, taking corners without slowing down, turning the engine off and coasting, over inflating the tires, driving 45-55 on the interstate, driving off the center lanes (lessen resistance by driving out of worn tracks in the pavement) and drafting semi's to name a few.
    It comes down to getting a vehicle to the "sweet spot" and keeping it there with the least amount of resistance.

Did you know just driving 45 to 55 you can get up 16 mpg more from a sub compact.
    The really crazy thing is these guys don't do it to save a buck. They do it as a sport or a competition.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Powerstroke Turbo Diesel and get the 7.3. The 6.0s like to blow apart unless you stud the heads im not to sure on the 6.4s they didnt make them that long and the new ones are SWEEEEEEEEEEET but only time will tell there longevity but if you cant afford a 2000 or newer like me there is nothing wrong with the old 7.3 IDIs (87-94 Fords) or the old 12 valve cummins in the rams. most of the IDIs I drove and worked on are very easy to work on and get around 19 to 21 MPG with a Turbo and you can convert them to veggie oil easier than the newer ones

or just buy a duece and half

Top Bottom