• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The details are pretty much hammered out for the Fort Wayne area Meet, Eat, 'N Shoot.

Who: You! And your friends!

What: Meet, Eat, 'N Shoot

Where: Izaak Walton League, Fort Wayne, IN

When: April 16th, starting at 1pm, until ???

Why: Because its fun to shoot stuff

Meet at the big lodge at Izaak Walton at 1:00 PM (1300 for the rest of you), meet and eat. BYOF. At 1:30, guest envelopes will be passed around for name and $5.00 guest fee. The slinging of lead will then commence on the range.

If you are interested, there is the possibility to do some trap and skeet shooting. Please indicate your interest in this, as we will need someone to man that range if necessary.

So far, we have the following RSVPs (I will update as we get more):

LotsofGlocks
    Kboom524
    Edbean
    JohnP82
    Bapak2ja
    Audie Murphy
    Armed-N-Ready
    Plinker
    INyooper
    JB75
    RTroy239035
    Libertarian01
    acarnahan
    XtremeVel
    MrsXtremeVel
    Doobie

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Okay, you can put me on the RSVP list. I checked and the band doesn't have a gig (unless y'all want a kickin' band at the range! :D). I might bring a band-mate or two (the drummer has a Mosin, along with other assorted firearms). Anyway, I'll be there with a couple Glocks and an Arsenal SGL 21 (AK) ...and a few rounds of ammo, at least. ;)

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, we have 11 people signed up already! That is awesome, this should really be a great time. Plus we'll have a few guests, I'll be bringing one myself. Maybe we do need a band... :D

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Ive been asked by several people what the process/cost is of becoming a member. I will have zach go over everything with anyone who is interested at the meet. Please bring your questions then as we will be happy to answer them.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    What do we need to bring?

OK, I know food, firearms, ammo, paper targets, range bag, eyes and ears. I have not been there before. Do they have shooting benches,carts, chairs and tables? If it is as nice as it looks on google earth, I'm bringing membership money too.

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I need to look at my schedule but would love to come. I may have to work though?? I will rsvp when I know for sure.

Thanks for setting this up.
    Matt

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    OK, I know food, firearms, ammo, paper targets, range bag, eyes and ears. I have not been there before. Do they have shooting benches,carts, chairs and tables? If it is as nice as it looks on google earth, I'm bringing membership money too.

They have shooting benches (with seats). There are several very crappy H-frame 2x4s that are carpeted for a rikety rests. I always bring my own bags and rests to shoot rifle, theirs are worthless. There is a table or two at each shooting range and the longer distance range has a couple rifle stands.

There are 2 ranges 50/100ys (shared range) and 25yds. I always walk closer at the 25yd range when nobody is there to shoot at 7-10 yards for pistol practice. We can do this as well as long as everyone shoots at the same distance I would think.

You'll need to bring your own eyes, ears, targets, staple gun for the shooting. I have spares of all aforementioned items if someone forgets.

It is bare bones basic in my opinion, which is all I need...and their membership price reflects that. :twocents:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Due to scheduling conflicts, I will not be able to attend. Forgot I had to BBQ for family! Really wanted to meet folks from this area, and put faces to names. And I really wanted to do some shooting at the range.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom