Fortress Defense Pistol, Rifle, Medical, Vehicle Defense, June 18-23, Rochester, IN

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Two spot left on the package deal, and a few single spots left in a few individual courses. If you want in, or have any questions, contact us today!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The package is an excellent deal! If you have the time for all of the classes, you'll get first rate instruction at a more than reasonable price.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    The Rhino speaks the truth. I've taken some training where Frank was an instructor and he's a good guy teaching solid stuff.

I'm taking the Vehicle Tactics course because, well, who doesn't like shooting rifles out of cars?

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    The Rhino speaks the truth. I've taken some training where Frank was an instructor and he's a good guy teaching solid stuff.

I'm taking the Vehicle Tactics course because, well, who doesn't like shooting rifles out of cars?

Well, thank you!!!! :patriot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I will be there on the 23rd with two of my buddies as well.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    We just finished the 2 day defensive pistol, starting the rifle class tomorrow. My experience thus far has been amazing. The instruction has been top notch w/ practical real world application. I'll post more and hopefully a few pictures. I'm kicking myself for not taking some video of the night shoot.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Completely agree with what was said. This has been a great first 2 days of a 6 day course, especially for someone who has not taken any previous defense classes. Learned a lot during the pistol-intensive section (quickly learned that a 92FS may not be the "best" pistol for this type of course when compared to a S&W M&P or Glock), shot a high number of rounds...moving, prone, on the back, even standing on wobbly tires...at paper targets, steel targets, rotators...day and night shoots. A lot was packed in and can't wait for the remaining 4 days. Today it's carbines. :ar15:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We just finished the 2 day defensive pistol, starting the rifle class tomorrow. My experience thus far has been amazing. The instruction has been top notch w/ practical real world application. I'll post more and hopefully a few pictures. I'm kicking myself for not taking some video of the night shoot.

As expected!

How is the weather up there? We'll be there Thursday morning.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We've been ducking and dodging some rain, primarily this morning, but no major delays.
    But a word to the wise...bring bug juice.

The mosquitos were very bad in May there. We tried some of those off "Clip On" repellers, and they worked really well as long as you remained in one spot long enough to the chemical deterrent to build enough concentration. When I walked back into the woods, it was open season on me.

I hate bug juice, but it's better than the alternative.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    This is honestly the most fun I've ever had teaching a class in a long, long time! This bunch of guys is focused, not afraid of hard work and is making huge leaps in improvement by the hour. It's just been an absolute pleasure!

Bring lots of water! It's been hot as Hades and we won't have any shade on the range we'll be using for the vehicle course.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Finished carbine today. The class was great! Coming from only bench shooting to this was a huge difference. Weapon manipulation, movement, shooting positions, cover/concealment, etc. I learned so much and still feel like I know nothing.

farva118

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Just finished the Vehicle Defense course with Henk today, and wow. I am bruised, swollen and scratched to hell. But what a great learning experience I had.

Thanks to Henk and Frank for putting on the course and their staff for ensuring a safe learning environment.

Farva

Top Bottom