Fortress Defense Pistol, Rifle, Medical, Vehicle Defense, June 18-23, Rochester, IN

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am also sore, slightly bruised, and completely destroyed a holster. Typical class with, Henk Iverson. lol

Big thank you to Frank for getting this set up.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Great Class

It was a great class with Henk today. I am slightly stiff and scraped from mid thigh down. I think I finally got all the sand and glass dust off. Another eye opening training experience.

The shooting was not terribly difficult, but getting my bag ass out of a Honda Civic was a challenge:)

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    the vehicle course was a great learning experience! My shins are beat up and I'm sore from mid section down. Hopefully Frank has some good pics or video.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    I want to thank Fortress Defense for an amazing week of firearms training. Frank and Vincent did an outstanding job. If you have an opportunity to take a class with Fortress Defense I would highly recommend it; I can honestly say this is one of the best things I've ever done.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I really enjoyed this 6 days of training. Frank and Vince ran a tight range from a safety standpoint, yet we got the opportunity to really challenge ourselves during the first 4 days with pistols and carbines under varying conditions, i.e., rain, heat, darkness, distractions, etc. It was not physically challenging, but my brain was getting pretty "mushy" at the end.

The Tactical Medical Course was valuable for anyone who handles firearms and Thursday's Defensive Vehicle Course was just plain fun. The shooting was not difficult, but understanding what goes on during a shooting around a vehicle and how to stay alive and/or return fire was an education that is not taught at most schools (at least not from what I have seen advertised on the internet). To have it taught by Henk Iverson was a treat because he brings a battlefield mindset to the range and points out subtle, but critical errors that need correction. Having never been in the military or law enforcement, this was eye-opening experience and I look forward to attending another course such as this one.

Thanks again to Frank and Vince and the other guys attending the course. I really had a good time throughout the 6 days.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I really enjoyed this 6 days of training. Frank and Vince ran a tight range from a safety standpoint, yet we got the opportunity to really challenge ourselves during the first 4 days with pistols and carbines under varying conditions, i.e., rain, heat, darkness, distractions, etc. It was not physically challenging, but my brain was getting pretty "mushy" at the end.

The Tactical Medical Course was valuable for anyone who handles firearms and Thursday's Defensive Vehicle Course was just plain fun. The shooting was not difficult, but understanding what goes on during a shooting around a vehicle and how to stay alive and/or return fire was an education that is not taught at most schools (at least not from what I have seen advertised on the internet). To have it taught by Henk Iverson was a treat because he brings a battlefield mindset to the range and points out subtle, but critical errors that need correction. Having never been in the military or law enforcement, this was eye-opening experience and I look forward to attending another course such as this one.

Thanks again to Frank and Vince and the other guys attending the course. I really had a good time throughout the 6 days.

Absolutely our pleasure! You and all the other guys were just great to work with! :patriot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I survived!
    I learned a lot!
    I dropped my crappy, outdated, unreliable antique 1911s in the sandy dirt (when they ran dry) quite a times and yet they continued to function. I was shocked, I tell you. SHOCKED!

Now I must process what I learned and adapt it to fit my needs.

Thanks again, Frank! I'm sorry I didn't linger afterwards to say goodbye.

EDIT TO ADD: Those of you I met for the first time (or re-met), please remind me who you are so that I can put an INGO userid with a face!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom